Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rose of Texas

Now for Leeds...

I''m not sure I even care about catching Leeds, getting out of this division at the first time of asking will do me fine thanks!

I don''t think we need to worry too much about catching Leeds just yet, the priority should be holding onto this place, and continue to bag the wins while hoping those just below us in the league drop points, hopefully they''ll get a few draws against each other which would make life a lot easier for us.

Obviously, overtaking Leeds and finishing first would be great!

To add to my earlier post, second place will do, but I certainly wouldn''t turn down winning the league![:P]

I believe Lambert will keep the team very motivated to catch Leeds. There is no reason to believe, at this point, that the team won''t be up for that pursuit. That can only be a good thing to help ensure we at least end up in an automatic promotion place.

Second at the end of the season will do nicely, but while Leeds can still be caught then it''s NCFC''s duty to aim for top spot. Keep the momentum going.

Things can change very quickly and Leeds haven''t had their dip yet. Infact, they have just had a comfortable run of opponents.

It wasn''t long ago we were behind Huddersfield, now we are 10 points ahead of them.

Lambert must not allow anyone to relax and it''s always dangerous to look over your shoulder so Leeds it has to be.

Its an old cliche, but...if we take care of our games, the table will look after itself. January could see things at the top get very tight.

[quote user="morty"]I''m not sure I even care about catching Leeds, getting out of this division at the first time of asking will do me fine thanks!
[/quote]

Bang on morty, 100% agree with you.[Y]

[quote user="Arthur Im a daft racist pensioner Whittle"]Give it a year and Wiz will be saying he never wanted Lambert in the 1st place. 1st wizard? More like 1st pillock!!![/quote]

That was uncalled for Arthur.........and rather sad.

Sums you up wiz, i used to agree with your posts untill I realised you changed your mind more times than an amsterdam whore changes clients. Rather sad indeed.

[quote user="Arthur Im a daft racist pensioner Whittle"]Sums you up wiz, i used to agree with your posts untill I realised you changed your mind more times than an amsterdam whore changes clients. Rather sad indeed.[/quote]

Are your piles playing up today?....................jeez![:S]

Oh ~PS.....Go to hell!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Arthur Im a daft racist pensioner Whittle"]Sums you up wiz, i used to agree with your posts untill I realised you changed your mind more times than an amsterdam whore changes clients. Rather sad indeed.[/quote]

Are your piles playing up today?....................jeez![:S]

Oh ~PS.....Go to hell!

[/quote]

As I indicated on another thread, The Lord of Lakenham is confusing resolutions with revolutions. It''s the drinking that does it. It will pass.

Im already in hell thanks wiz and its bloody lovely!!!

Had a nice chin wag with old Bobby Chase about our club, few wee drams with Enoch Powell about immigration and got to meet my alleged hero Mr A Hitler!!!

Although i don''t expect us to catch Leeds, i think that should be what we''re aiming to do. You should never be looking at the teams below you, we should just concentrate on winning then if Leeds drop points then we''re there to pip them at the post. I think Lambert will tell the players that he want''s to chase Leeds as opposed to ''holding on'' to 2nd, no harm in being optimistic. Keep it up boys, OTBC!

[quote user="JJJJ"]I don''t think we need to worry too much about catching Leeds just yet, the priority should be holding onto this place, and continue to bag the wins while hoping those just below us in the league drop points, hopefully they''ll get a few draws against each other which would make life a lot easier for us. Obviously, overtaking Leeds and finishing first would be great![/quote]

Sorry but one of the biggest dangers now is complacency especially if we put some clear water between ourselves and Charlton etc.   The challenge of overhauling Leeds is not only possible but also the best peventative against complacency setting in; even subconciously.