Sign in to follow this  
When Saturday Comes

Lambert Vindicated?

I know we''ve had a bit more snow & ice this week, but surely the fact that a game at Walsall has again been called off completely vindicates Lambert of whatever he did or didn''t do last week?

There is obviously something wrong with certain areas of their pitch and preparation for home games, and in my eyes Lambert was justified in asking the ref to reconsider last week. I made the 6 hour round journey and was obviously disappointed, but player safety comes first.

Luckily, we have a manager who a) knows a bad pitch and b) has the balls to say something about it!

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

I know we''ve had a bit more snow & ice this week, but surely the fact that a game at Walsall has again been called off completely vindicates Lambert of whatever he did or didn''t do last week?

There is obviously something wrong with certain areas of their pitch and preparation for home games, and in my eyes Lambert was justified in asking the ref to reconsider last week. I made the 6 hour round journey and was obviously disappointed, but player safety comes first.

Luckily, we have a manager who a) knows a bad pitch and b) has the balls to say something about it!

[/quote]

Its evident that Walsall tried to conn the ref yet again. And looking at the long range weather forcast for the area our replay could be off as well, If I were them I would invest in a great big heavy sheet and a couple of heat blowers, but haveing said that, thier is enought hot air around the place already  

i do feel sorry for the people who spent time and effort and cost of being let down but i think the game being called off done us some favours. no injuries picked up and the players have had more time to recover and get ready for todays game. lets hope todays result reflects that .

Absolutely agree with the OP

Undersoil heating ought to be a mandatory FA requirement once you come up from the conference.

[quote user="Metatron"]Absolutely agree with the OP Undersoil heating ought to be a mandatory FA requirement once you come up from the conference.[/quote]

The problem with it being mandatory is that most of the clubs in this division might not be able to afford it, so unless the FA would be willing to stump up the money I don''t think it would work. [:)]

[quote user="Metatron"]Absolutely agree with the OP Undersoil heating ought to be a mandatory FA requirement once you come up from the conference.[/quote]

Are you seriously suggesting that that would be more efficient than blazing braziers? If it worked for the Victorians it should be good enough for us, and I for one can''t see why Walsall didn''t deploy a large number of poor orphans to breathe on the pitch for several hours before expiring from TB.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Are you seriously suggesting that that would be more efficient than blazing braziers? If it worked for the Victorians it should be good enough for us, and I for one can''t see why Walsall didn''t deploy a large number of poor orphans to breathe on the pitch for several hours before expiring from TB.

[/quote]

Hahaha you cheered me up and I snorted coffee from my nose.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hope you''ve both had a good New Year! Are you starting a match thread today?

Again it is at the second inspection it has been called off, again it has been called off after the away fans have left.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes quiet but needed it after the past month or so, and you?

Will start a thread, but will be back and forward as taking down xmas decos lol

[quote user="dhickl"]Again it is at the second inspection it has been called off, again it has been called off after the away fans have left.[/quote]

It''s bad isn''t it [:(]

It''s the travelling fans I feel sorry for

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, pretty good thanks! We are also taking the decs down today, but will be glued to the radio from 3!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, pretty good thanks! We are also taking the decs down today, but will be glued to the radio from 3!

[/quote]

Ahhh that''s good  [Y]

Same as us then Radio on, deco''s down

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

2000 Norwich fans urinating on the hard patches of the pitch would have defrosted and fertilised in one foul swoop!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Why would you glue yourself to a radio Beau? It''s wallys like you who clog up A & E departments for daft reasons.[;)]

A week before we got married I superglued my fingers together, I didn''t find it funny at the time but laugh about it now, also I ended up with whiplash that week too from being rammed off track by a complete tool at the Pickenham Go carts

I don`t see what Lamberts got to be vindicated for.  The ONLY reason he would have favoured the match being called off would be if it was in the best interests of NCFC.  Five of us got to within a mile of the ground, but in my list of priorities, getting promoted comes first, second, third, fourth.......

Walsall should be charged by the FA for wasting 2 sets of fans/teams time and money.

My Sawnsea mate texted me to say the Charlton fans turned up at Leicester for the FA Cup game, could have come to Wycombe instead!!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="dhickl"]Again it is at the second inspection it has been called off, again it has been called off after the away fans have left.[/quote]

It''s bad isn''t it [:(]

It''s the travelling fans I feel sorry for

[/quote]

Its them what get it every single time mate, its so unfair.

Walsall will face the consequences of this...you will read about it soon, simular thing happened a few years back with I think Birmingham who I think were fined and had to agree to have undersoil heating installed by the following season.

You heard it here 1st!!!

[quote user="Arthur "I’m a daft racist pensioner" Whittle"]Walsall will face the consequences of this...you will read about it soon, simular thing happened a few years back with I think Birmingham who I think were fined and had to agree to have undersoil heating installed by the following season. You heard it here 1st

that was because They were a prem team then and had to re surface the pitch in close season but the rule only covers championship and above clubs. 

They were in the championship, but if any club cannot garuntee fullfilling their fixtures they face punishment. Walsall have now had 2 games on the trot called off and have not made a sufficent effort to satisfy the league they can fulfill fixtures and will be punished....like I said you read it here 1st. No matter what league you are in, you have a fixture list to fulfill, Walsall cannot be blamed for the weather, however they have not taken appropriate steps to prevent this happening in the future...the same thing has happened with them over the last couple of seasons.

The FA get the hump, because it causes fixture congestion, and Walsall will get a minimum of a official warning over future control of games.