Sign in to follow this  
Bexley

It will be very interesting to see how Charlton react now

They have been in the top 2 all season  - I remember back in September thinking that promotion for them & Leeds was as good as assured but of late they have been shown to be lacking a bit of bottle / discipline - I only hope that slipping down to third will hammer their confidence even further.

How many points have we made up on Charlton now since the widest gap between us? 8? 10? in half a season?

I agree - lots of dropped points, lots of sendings off - quite an inexperienced manager who everyone was ravin about when things were going swimmingly. We''ll see how good a manage he really is between now & May.

Massive psychological boost for us, we''ve been aiming at second for so long and have finally attained it, huge credit to the players for sustaining the push for so many games. Those last gasp equalisers against Charlton, Gillingham and Yeovil are looking so important now!

[quote user="Bexley"]I agree - lots of dropped points, lots of sendings off - quite an inexperienced manager who everyone was ravin about when things were going swimmingly. We''ll see how good a manage he really is between now & May.[/quote]

Been in management for nearly 7 years, not really inexperienced. [8-)]

Charlton our unpredictible at the moment as is football anyway. And as always with Norwich, I will wait and see what will happen. My first concern is the Col U match.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="Bexley"]I agree - lots of dropped points, lots of sendings off - quite an inexperienced manager who everyone was ravin about when things were going swimmingly. We''ll see how good a manage he really is between now & May.[/quote]

Been in management for nearly 7 years, not really inexperienced. [8-)]

Charlton our unpredictible at the moment as is football anyway. And as always with Norwich, I will wait and see what will happen. My first concern is the Col U match.

[/quote]I agree, the Col Who match just gets bigger and bigger.

It`s going to be a lot harder for us now, there is  huge pressure to stay in the top 2 now we have got there, we are only there by the skin of our teeth, I`m more interested to see how WE react to the pressure rather  than worrying about how Charlton will react to being in third place.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]It`s going to be a lot harder for us now, there is  huge pressure to stay in the top 2 now we have got there, we are only there by the skin of our teeth, I`m more interested to see how WE react to the pressure rather  than worrying about how Charlton will react to being in third place.[/quote]I think we have the momentum at exactly the right time. Lambert will not let anyone slacken off, the board may loosen the pursestrings based on our position and increase the depth of the squad, which will in turn keep players on their toes.

How many points were we behind? It must of been around 8 or so? Top work from Lambert and the boys to close the gap. But top two comes even more pressure to perform every week!

It''s a fantastic psychological boost to have finally overhauled Charlton after the lead they had at one stage! [:D]But we cannot afford to be complacent. There is still an awful lot of hard work to be done. Charlton and Colchester aren''t going to throw in the towel yet.

[quote user="RonDavies"]It''s a fantastic psychological boost to have finally overhauled Charlton after the lead they had at one stage! [:D]

But we cannot afford to be complacent. There is still an awful lot of hard work to be done. Charlton and Colchester aren''t going to throw in the towel yet.
[/quote]

Well now we look forward to catching Leeds, don''t look back put the blinkers on and keep going forward

[quote user="Trent Canary"]How many points were we behind? It must of been around 8 or so? Top work from Lambert and the boys to close the gap. But top two comes even more pressure to perform every week![/quote]Quote from Ian Botham from the Independent yesterday - "Pressure makes Kettles whistle".  He reckons that the top sportsmen don''t feel the pressure, as to do so is self-defeating.

A few draws but still unbeaten in 9 and showed good spirit against Swindon. They''ll be annoying us for a while yet and won''t give away second place without a fight.

Its only a couple of weeks ago that we were 6 points behind having just scraped a draw at Yeovil. Its amazing how quick things can turn around.

[quote user="Bexley"]

They have been in the top 2 all season  - I remember back in September thinking that promotion for them & Leeds was as good as assured but of late they have been shown to be lacking a bit of bottle / discipline - I only hope that slipping down to third will hammer their confidence even further.

How many points have we made up on Charlton now since the widest gap between us? 8? 10? in half a season?

[/quote]i hope they choke and fall to peices...and the same to Col Utd when we thrash them

I don''t think I''ll be writing Charlton off just yet - it''s a bit of myth that they''ve not been playing well - they are still consistently averaging 2 points a game and havn''t lost since 31 October. Fact is that we''ve been playing that bit better. The pressure is on - I definitely think we have the guts to stick it out. It will be close at the end of the season.