Sign in to follow this  
Robert Fleck is still GOD!

Come on where does everyone think we will be at the end of the season & who should we buy in 9 days time?

I mean I personally think we will finish 14th, as for players to but I believe we should go for a quality forward but who?

Blake is going to Wigan hes asked for a transfer

Ashton will want to join a safe premiership club dont be surprised if he goes Charlton

Sutton come on 105 million woudl get him and an agreement on wages could be done!

Another central defender aswell?

I say 15th.

Signings in Jan is a tough one and could really depend on what is going on behind the scenes with Greeno, I mean if we sell him in Jan for the £4M mark we could be getting a decent striker or combination of striker and defender, both of which I think are needed.

If Greeno stays then it looks bleak (not because Greeno has stayed, that bit is quality), but a loan signing and a £1.2M signing could help out.

Personally I am expecting to finish 18th after a dogged battle against the drop - not what I want to type but I am struggling to see where another 20+ points are coming from having played most of the relegation condidates at home already.

The chances of us avoing relegation would significantly increase IF we can sign a central defender (top priority), a quality partner to damo (assuming Helveg goes right back and we stick with 4-5-1) and a clinical goalscorer (2nd priority) - having only 3 strikers should never have been an option considering suspensions, lack of form etc. However finding these players on our budget will be tough and getting them to actually sign for us even tougher.

I know Julio Arcas contract is up in May so perhaps a £500-£750k bid would attract him? Top quality but the only problem is he plays in a space that we dont HAVE to fill now. Lescott is the only option I have fancied so far having ruled out Johansen (now playing for the addicks) Ashton (too expensive) Bent (Ditto) Harewood (no better record than Leon but lazy with attitude),Juninho(wild rumour well past his best) and Sutton (in our dreams - but more importantly NEVER go back) Perhaps Angelo Charisteas is an option after all

As far as central midfield is concerned I would love us to try and take Geremi on loan - out of favour at chelsea but knows all about the prem and I see him as a perfect foil for our damo - too much competition from other clubs and in reality simply too good and too expensive for us.

If we as a group of fans are struggling for new suggested targets then Worthy can be much further ahead so am not expecting too much at all as far as Jan signings are concerned.

I''m afraid its 18th for me.. we will have less money to spend in january than anyone else, and I feel that Southampton and Blackburn (the only other realistic challengers for 18th) will prove to be 4/5 points stronger than the 3 that came up this season.. Although clearly waiting and hoping to be proved wrong!

17th for me!  As for signings, let''s think big (but not necessarily expensive) - how about Wes Brown, out of contract in the summer, therefore wouldn''t command a huge fee.  While we''re there, we could take Kleberson on loan, and bring in Bellion - all fringe players at Utd, who may relish the chance of regular first team football.  All depends on finances though I guess, but with Fergie in need of a new keeper, who knows?

18th with all the promoted clubs going down.  I think Southampton will go on a decent run at some point and they have quality proven premiership goalscorers, as do fulham.  Birmingham have enough quality to stay ahead of us and Blackburn will spend money in January.

West Brom condemned themselves to relegation when they took Robbo on as manager and Palace only really have two decent players.  Injury/suspension to Routledge but more importantly Johnson and they are finished.

Who should we sign?.  For me the question should be who CAN we sign.  I would like to see Euell come in but saying that could Worthy resist playing him in midfield?  As I have said before I don''t see buying from abroad as an option as we don''t have time for them to adapt.  Buying potential from a lower league is also slightly risky.  This leaves buying or loaning a Prem striker but who and how much it''s hard to say.  Put it this way I wouldn''t want to be NW right now!