Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Wycombe review & ratings.

Great support there today. Outsung the home fans all afternoon. A totally dominant display from Norwich, and a fully deserved 3 points.

Ratings:

Forster- not much to do but distribution good. 7

R.Martin- some good defensive work first half and not much to do after the break. Some good attacking play and 2 cracking shots which could easily have beaten any other keeper. Far better than Otsemobor- sign him up. 7

Doc- solid. 7

Nelson - looked very shaky at times. Better opposition could have scored a few as a result of his poor work. Needs addressing. 5

Drury- solid. Real class for this division. 7

Russell- struggled to begin with but improved with the game. Not his best game. 6

Smith- some good attacking play. Always looked to get on the box and got his reward. Has grown so much in confidence. 7

Lappin - typical solid hard working performance. Delivery spot onas usual. Making his exile look ridiculous. 7

Hoolahan- another great performance. At times ran rings around them. At others tried to do too much. A real asset. 8

C.Martin - some good runs but generally a quiet afternoon. Could easily have scored with 2 great free kicks against another keeper. 6

Holt- quiet by his standards. Might have had a penalty on another day. 6

-

Lambert- the passionof the guy is plain to see andvit rubbed off on the players. A really great manager.

Ref- very poor.

The fans - top class.

If we hold on to him then I don''t see us still in this league next year.

Credit to the whole team though as it was a really good team performance. What a difference a year makes! I don''t get to as many games as I''d like due to location & work etc but it''s so obvious to see what an astute dude lambert is, and a great job he''s doing.

[quote user="sonyc"]Wycombe press rated Chrissy Martin?[/quote]Given the standard of his free-kicks today, that is of no surprise to me.

[quote user="Hollywood Canary"]If we hold on to him then I don''t see us still in this league next year.

Credit to the whole team though as it was a really good team performance. What a difference a year makes! I don''t get to as many games as I''d like due to location & work etc but it''s so obvious to see what an astute dude lambert is, and a great job he''s doing.[/quote]Hey, are you Hugh Jackman?

Just back. A superb display by Shearer in the Wycombe goal kept this one respectable. We thoroughly outclassed them, and it was very good to see. I missed the first ten minutes but here are some ratings..Forster - 7 - Nowt to do, but his aerial and distribution work was quality as always. Looks solid.Drury - 7/8 - Typical solid game for Drury. Nothing spectacular, but always does his job. Some good interplay with Hoolahan in the second half.Martin - 7- Good performance, looked good at the back, and unlucky to not be on the scoresheet. Looking better with every game. Wycombe fans seemed to have a lot of time for him.Nelson - 6/7 - Looked alright, not convincing but did the job. Lost his man in the first half from a cross, striker should have buried a free header.Doc - 8 - Another good performance. Nothing got past him at the back, and hes starting to look better on the ball. Russell - 7 - Kept the midfield ticking over, always looked for the ball. The sort of player any good football side needs.Smith - 6 - Thought he was anonymous to be honest, gets an extra mark for the goal. As in the Huddersfield match I didnt think he made an impression on the game, and im surprised Hughes didnt come on for him. Others may disagree though.Lappin - 7 - Like Drury, unspectacular but solid.Martin - 6 - Quiet, but with flashes of brilliance. Two cracking free kicks which were unlucky not to go in.Hoolahan - 9 - MOTM - Brilliant display. A wycombe fan next to me said that hes far too good for this division. Went past players like they were stood still. Would be interesting to see the dribbling stats for the game, I reckon he gained more yards with the ball than pratically the entire wycombe team.Holt - 7 - Quiet, but won his headers and linked up play. He has a real touch of Huckerby about him, class player, but spends most of his time on the floor or whinging to the ref. The kind of player you really want on your side and not against you.Subs - None used. Mcnamee looked thoroughly bored warming up.Ref/Lino - Poor, some odd decisions. Particularly by the lino down by the terracing.Fans - 8 - Good turnout, many sat in the home ends. Fans in the away end put in a good performance. Heard many compliments to the fans attitude with regards to the half time penalty shootouts with the kids.

Scapegoat of the day - The Park and ride - A ''Recommended'' club option from Wycombe. Turned up at 2:15, waited for half hour, got to the ground at 3:05, before finally buying my ticket and sitting down in the terraced Wycombe end at 3:15!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I''m not surprised Smith didn''t make an impression against Huddersfield, he wasn''t playing[/quote]Good spot. Adeyemi was the man. Either way Smiths performance today reminded me of Adeyemis in the first half against Huddersfield, for those who were there.

[quote user="Hollywood Canary"]Great support there today. Outsung the home fans all afternoon. A totally dominant display from Norwich, and a fully deserved 3 points.

Ratings:

Forster- not much to do but distribution good. 7

R.Martin- some good defensive work first half and not much to do after the break. Some good attacking play and 2 cracking shots which could easily have beaten any other keeper. Far better than Otsemobor- sign him up. 7

Doc- solid. 7

Nelson - looked very shaky at times. Better opposition could have scored a few as a result of his poor work. Needs addressing. 5

Drury- solid. Real class for this division. 7

Russell- struggled to begin with but improved with the game. Not his best game. 6

Smith- some good attacking play. Always looked to get on the box and got his reward. Has grown so much in confidence. 7

Lappin - typical solid hard working performance. Delivery spot onas usual. Making his exile look ridiculous. 7

Hoolahan- another great performance. At times ran rings around them. At others tried to do too much. A real asset. 8

C.Martin - some good runs but generally a quiet afternoon. Could easily have scored with 2 great free kicks against another keeper. 6

Holt- quiet by his standards. Might have had a penalty on another day. 6

-

Lambert- the passionof the guy is plain to see andvit rubbed off on the players. A really great manager.

Ref- very poor.

The fans - top class.[/quote]

I thought russel matrin was very close to MOTM today as he defended and attacked really well, he looks a great player and 1 we should defiently sign

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Paddy reporting for the pinkun really rated Smith''s performance today on the live text. Seemed energetic and got about the pitch.[/quote]Is he the same one who had Chris Martin as MOTM against Huddersfield?? If so then I really wouldnt take his word for it.Either way, everyone can only judge based on watching it the once. I didnt rate his performance, im sure others will agree, and others will disagree.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Would have been difficult for Hughes to come on for him anyway though Trent Canary as he wasn''t even on the bench.[/quote]God knows who I saw warming up then. Must have been dawkin or Gill. I missed the team lineups so only just noticed who was on the bench. Ive been to so few games I clearly dont know who the players are!

I watched it on the " Wireless" and give them all 7.5 points.

It would have been 8 but my batteries were running low in the second half.

Deserved all 3 points, goalie kept them in it but very lucky when the shot rebounded off the post into Forster''s arms just before we scored!!

Thought Martin had a great game, Russell/Holt were quiet and Hoolie won the game!

[quote user="6th May 1939"]"As in the Huddersfield match I didnt think he made an impression on the game, and im surprised Hughes didnt come on for him. Others may disagree though."

Smith didn''t play against Huddersfield.

No-one was surprised about Hughes, since he was injured and not on the bench.

Please try harder.[/quote]Check the thread, these things have already been pointed out.Please try harder.