Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rose of Texas

Re: What's it like being in the same league.....

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Fantastic result that wasn''t due to a flukey performance!

Leeds played well and were unlucky not to score more!

Shows what a tough League we''re in!

I''ve no doubt whatsoever that Leeds and Norwich would be in the top half of the championship this year how they''ve played this term!

[/quote]Good shout that.There''s a hell of a lot of mediocrity in the league above.I fancy us both for PO''s next season with some decent additions. I can''t comment on Norwich, but one promising thing about Leeds is we tend to play better against higher opposition. Jamie Carragher said we were the best team they''d played up to that point when we had them at Elland Rd in the Carling Cup and we outclassed Blackburn and Burnley in pre season (I know it''s only pre season but still).

[quote user="WW"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Fantastic result that wasn''t due to a flukey performance!

Leeds played well and were unlucky not to score more!

Shows what a tough League we''re in!

I''ve no doubt whatsoever that Leeds and Norwich would be in the top half of the championship this year how they''ve played this term!

[/quote]Sorry but I cant even nearly agree. The gap between the two league''s is alot bigger than you think. Good shout that.There''s a hell of a lot of mediocrity in the league above.I fancy us both for PO''s next season with some decent additions. I can''t comment on Norwich, but one promising thing about Leeds is we tend to play better against higher opposition. Jamie Carragher said we were the best team they''d played up to that point when we had them at Elland Rd in the Carling Cup and we outclassed Blackburn and Burnley in pre season (I know it''s only pre season but still). [/quote]

[quote user="Brendan"]Sorry but I cant even nearly agree. The gap between the two league''s is alot bigger than you think. [/quote]Explain Leicester doing what they''re doing this season with the core of their league one team still there, then??Momentum, organisation, belief, support. And you can''t sign that lot for any price! I wouldn''t be at all suprised to see Leeds in the playoffs next season (IF we get promoted this season, that is).

whats it like....being a tw@t?

1 game doesn''t make a season sunshine...i expect you''ll be back on here when we leap-frog you into top spot...thought not. jog on.

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

Brendan wrote:
Ah well, at least we have better support than them Smile [:)]Party!!! [<:o)]
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalAttendance/0,,10794~200925,00.htmlCompare you lowest crowd to ours. Then take away your derby attendance & all of a sudden its not so impressive![/quote]It''s still leeds fans in Elland Rd supporting the team is it not i.e. "support".[:S]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="spainboy"]...as a team that deservedly beat one of the best league teams in the world at their own den.

This is what Leeds are all about. Any sceptical person that thinks that Leeds are lucky etc, well anyone who watched the match vs Man Utd will admit Leeds had the best chances and stats show more posession. Leeds should have been 3-0 up.

Not many Prem teams have put in a performance like that against the champions of England. Shows Fergie was worried when he even brought on 3 strong subs in the second half.

Come on. You got to let us have our day!!

http://www.redcafe.net/f6/just-been-outclassed-league-1-team-280903/[/quote]

Well, unlike Leeds, this ''Division'' is unfamiliar territory for us which is why we''re aiming for an immediate return to the First Division.Thanks for asking though, da-go.[/quote]

Meant to read ''Second Division.''