Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rose of Texas

Re: What's it like being in the same league.....

Fair play to Leeds, it was one hell of a result, and it was definitely deserved.

If it''d been us beating United we''d all be delirious!

But we still outplayed you at Elland Road. ;-)

C''mon now Morty, humour him.

This is the internet for cryin'' out loud, and the last time i checked, everyone is free to post where the hell they like. It''s not like he''s standing outside Carrow Road screaming at the top of his voice about how good Leeds are.

[quote user="morty"]Yes but we would probably post about it on our own team''s message board.[/quote]

Exactly, if this were a general football message board then fair play, but it''s a NC forum.  I wouldn''t go on a Leeds forum and post about NC winning.

I just find it odd why he is here, I myself have never even seen another fans message board far less posted on one lol.And

it ticks me off how he comes here and says he hopes Norwich go up with

Leeds, but posts on the Charlton message board saying he hopes they go

up with Leeds.Its got lame written all over it.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]Its got lame written all over it.

[:)][/quote]

Well, he IS a Leeds fan.... ;-)

Fantastic result that wasn''t due to a flukey performance!

Leeds played well and were unlucky not to score more!

Shows what a tough League we''re in!

I''ve no doubt whatsoever that Leeds and Norwich would be in the top half of the championship this year how they''ve played this term!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="spainboy"]...as a team that deservedly beat one of the best league teams in the world at their own den. This is what Leeds are all about. Any sceptical person that thinks that Leeds are lucky etc, well anyone who watched the match vs Man Utd will admit Leeds had the best chances and stats show more posession. Leeds should have been 3-0 up. Not many Prem teams have put in a performance like that against the champions of England. Shows Fergie was worried when he even brought on 3 strong subs in the second half. Come on. You got to let us have our day!! http://www.redcafe.net/f6/just-been-outclassed-league-1-team-280903/[/quote]

I thought Leeds were excellent today, especially Johnson and Howson (?spelling?).  Good to see Hooooooze playing well too.  Well done, and congratulations.  Here''s hoping you get a nice FA cup run going and forget about League One...

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly...would have liked them to have a replay to give them other things to think about though ...

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

I''ve no doubt whatsoever that Leeds and Norwich would be in the top half of the championship this year how they''ve played this term!

[/quote]

Beckford scores one goal then spends the rest of the match trying to get Brown sent off, 

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

Beckford scores one goal then spends the rest of the match trying to get Brown sent off, 

[/quote]

And?

Not a Leeds fan, but I''m chuffed that a League 1 Team has got a great result - esp after Colchester''s dismal performance against a moderate Championship side. Well done Leeds.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="spainboy"]...as a team that deservedly beat one of the best league teams in the world at their own den. This is what Leeds are all about. Any sceptical person that thinks that Leeds are lucky etc, well anyone who watched the match vs Man Utd will admit Leeds had the best chances and stats show more posession. Leeds should have been 3-0 up. Not many Prem teams have put in a performance like that against the champions of England. Shows Fergie was worried when he even brought on 3 strong subs in the second half. Come on. You got to let us have our day!! http://www.redcafe.net/f6/just-been-outclassed-league-1-team-280903/[/quote]

I thought Leeds were excellent today, especially Johnson and Howson (?spelling?).  Good to see Hooooooze playing well too.  Well done, and congratulations.  Here''s hoping you get a nice FA cup run going and forget about League One...

[/quote]

Exactly my thoughts Monsieur Chops.

I was hoping for a ''relatively easy'' cup game - all these extra games, more yellow cards, more injuries and more tired players.

I really couldn''t give a rats arse.  I HATE Leeds, and I also hate Man U.  Always have, always will.  Cup upsets happen all the time, especially in a "derby". Whatever really. 

I cant see Leeds slipping up even if Beckford is sold. And you wil get a pretty penny if he is sold.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="spainboy"]...as a team that deservedly beat one of the best league teams in the world at their own den. This is what Leeds are all about. Any sceptical person that thinks that Leeds are lucky etc, well anyone who watched the match vs Man Utd will admit Leeds had the best chances and stats show more posession. Leeds should have been 3-0 up. Not many Prem teams have put in a performance like that against the champions of England. Shows Fergie was worried when he even brought on 3 strong subs in the second half. Come on. You got to let us have our day!! [/quote]

Hmm? yet more games and chances of fatigue, injuries, suspensions etc, yes, well done![:S]

[/quote]

Well that''s good news for us mate lol

When Leeds fans do stuff like that it really anoys me, it''s the FA Cup there is going to be an upset in every round and this time it happened at old trafford, and as it''s the fa cup its not that bigger achievement so why cant they celebrate it on their own boards?

That sort of stuff (whinding people up saying how good they are when really their just living in the sixties and seventies) is why we all hate Leeds scum, we all hate Leeds scum, we all hate Leeds scum, we all hate Leeds scum! [:P] 

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="spainboy"]...as a team that deservedly beat one of the best league teams in the world at their own den. This is what Leeds are all about. Any sceptical person that thinks that Leeds are lucky etc, well anyone who watched the match vs Man Utd will admit Leeds had the best chances and stats show more posession. Leeds should have been 3-0 up. Not many Prem teams have put in a performance like that against the champions of England. Shows Fergie was worried when he even brought on 3 strong subs in the second half. Come on. You got to let us have our day!! [/quote]

Hmm? yet more games and chances of fatigue, injuries, suspensions etc, yes, well done![:S]

[/quote]Quite right Wiz. I think that Leeds did us a big favour today!

Superb result mate. I hope your league form dips, but i will give you credit for a fantstic shock. The look on fergies face was well worth it.

Cant believe fergie is moaning that there was only 5 minutes injury time....then again I can, its Fergie!!!

Leeds fans are probably some of the most annoying fans of any sports

fans in the world, I bet this numpty is going on all the boards looking

for praise for something most people couldn''t care less about, I

wouldn''t mind if he was a little less biased about his posts, but first

he comes on here TELLING us that Leeds can''t be touched in the league,

now he seems to be expecting praise form fellow league contenders for

something that has no relevance to NCFC. Even if a fellow Norwich fan stooped low enough to post this tripe on other clubs message boards I

would be ashamed. I guess it just goes to show how insecure

Leeds fans are about their club these days, I for one hope their league

from crumbles.

There is no reason why they can''t enjoy it on their own message boards, instead of bragging about it and demanding appreciation on an NCFC related MB.  spainboy is a typical smug Leeds fan who believes his club is much to big to be competing with the likes of us, hope they rot in league 1 awhile longer.

Fair enough...nobodys too big for any league...if they were they wouldnt be in it!!!

Take Rangers and Celtic, most of there players are rejects from bottom half premiership clubs or championship clubs. If they finally did get put in the english league they would be no more than a chamionship team.

Yeah the did well, and defended superbly. But I am still 90% sure we will beat you at Carrow Road. And to be honest, deserved? Give over, back foot for most of game, well held on, but on another day, it would''a been 3-1.

I wouldnt say they were on the backfoot, they took the game to Man Utd and it paid off, and they could have won by more.

I think prem teams need to look at leeds tactics today, the mancs dont like it when teams attack them, they are used to teams sitting back and trying to snatch a point.

Leeds often got distracted by the Cup in the 70s which cost them many league titles. I see a good omen here for NCFC.  [<:o)]