Sign in to follow this  
Longy

Are we the best team in league 1 "currently"?

Surely it is only us or Leeds, I am not disagreeing that Leeds don''t deserve to be where they are. They were much better than us for the 1st two months of the season, but since we have virtually identical records and we outplayed them for long periods of the game at Elland Road.I have read and heard many opposition fans say we are the best team they have played all season and I am sure we have the most influential player in the division in Hoolahan.I would say they are more solid at the back than us and we are better going forward. So who is the better team, currently before any possible January sales?I know who I would rather watch.

I would say we are the most consistent at present ( does that mean we are the best team ? probably ). Walsall and Colchester away will tell us a bit more about our automatic  promotion credentials as in the end I think our away form will determine our fate. Regardless of whether we are better than Leeds or not,  well I''d rather be where they are !

Perhaps we have slightly better form than Leeds right now, but at the end of the day the measure of this is our position in the league.

Right now that says we are the second best team in League (i.e. Div 3)

[quote user="Its only my opinion"]

They have a far stronger squad than ours.

[/quote]

Please qualify that statement. I keep hearing that they have the strongest squad in the division but has anyone actually analysed the depth and quality of their players?

I am happy with being left out of the limelight at the moment . Much rather creep up quietly . Top spot will be ours!!  Leeds now have an FA cup run to worry about .. ha ha , and the JPT

Yes.

Norwich have the best goals scored. Leeds have the best defence. Kisnorbo and Naylor have been out for periods of the season and has been patched up with the likes of Bromby in central,Michalik in central and Rui Marques. They have equally kept many clean sheets whilst our best two have been out. Bradley Johnson has been resorted to the bench recently even scoring 7 goals in the first 14 games,favoured by Snodgrass. even Kilkenny had early stints on the bench who has come into his own recently. Also we have Andy Robinson who was Swansea''s best player in their promotion. He can''t even get on the bench. We also have 2 great RB''s. Crowe and Bromby. Then there''s Grella and Kandol as back up strikers who seem to make fantastic impacts coming off from the bench.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Its only my opinion"]

[/quote]

Please qualify that statement. I keep hearing that they have the strongest squad in the division but has anyone actually analysed the depth and quality of their players?

[/quote]

1Leeds United233256
2Norwich242448

Leeds are the best team in this division, but I''d be happy to be 2nd best team come the end of the season if it meant getting back in the Championship.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Its only my opinion"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/PlayerProfileIndex/0,,10273,00.html

Well I think if we can get Askou and the front 3 fit till the end of season, promotion is assured.

best team in regards to......????????

league position - no

form - possibly

entertainment value - definitely.

Leeds are arrogant enough to stop at 1-0...we keep going and going. Selling beckford would hinder their current ability to score at will and surely slip-ups would start to creep in. Point proven through Man ure struggling to turn around games this season after losing ronny and tevez.

[quote user="spainboy"]Yes. Norwich have the best goals scored. Leeds have the best defence. Kisnorbo and Naylor have been out for periods of the season and has been patched up with the likes of Bromby in central,Michalik in central and Rui Marques. They have equally kept many clean sheets whilst our best two have been out. Bradley Johnson has been resorted to the bench recently even scoring 7 goals in the first 14 games,favoured by Snodgrass. even Kilkenny had early stints on the bench who has come into his own recently. Also we have Andy Robinson who was Swansea''s best player in their promotion. He can''t even get on the bench. We also have 2 great RB''s. Crowe and Bromby. Then there''s Grella and Kandol as back up strikers who seem to make fantastic impacts coming off from the bench.[/quote]

Watch out watch out brainwashing alert. Read too many of spainboy''s posts and you''ll know more about their players than ours.

Leeds are the best. they always were, and always will be.

Best squad, best team, best manager, best ground, best fans, best board, they are bestest bests of all the bests. Even the players who aren''t their best are better than our best. Not only that when they are not at their best they are better than our best at their best.

I used to be a Norwich fan, but now I know whose best.

They will also have the best message board, as this will soon be handed over to them as more and more of their fans come on here and we all convert.

You just can''t fight it, you might think you can, you might do your best but it won''t be good enough. spainboy is the best hypnotist in the whole wide world.

Sometimes attack is the best defence. And it''s working for us, so be it.