Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers. (NEW YEAR THREAD)

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week twenty two of the free bet season. This week it’s another of our longest serving PUPs Hissing Sid in charge and making the final selections. Our great friend Hissing Sid has been with us for three seasons now and has been a very consistent picker with a success rate of 70% over all that time. Sid is also one of our sociable PUPs who is great company. In fact I was in his company less than an hour ago at our PUPs Christmas meet. I think this week is going to be a difficult challenge with a lot of Europe on holiday and FA Cup plus the bad weather to contend with. But I have a feeling Sid is the man for the job and we are certainly in a safe pair of hands. However Sid will still need all our help if he is to be successful.  So it’s up to all us PUPs to give him our very best nap to help our beloved club. Don’t forget to keep a watch on the weather when selecting. It’s a big ask to know in advance what games will be off but I was impressed by the way you all managed to give Fellas so many realistic options last week and more of the same is needed this week.

All that remains for me to say this week is thank you all for all your help and support over the last twelve months. I have been so proud of what we have achieved together. And I’d like to take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you wonderful team of PUPs a very happy, healthy, and successful new year.

So I’ll hand the free bet over to Hissing Sid now. There’s no pressure, because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. No blame and no shame on the free bet pages.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Ian... the free bet is yours............[:)]...........

I leave you with Ray''s signature which now reads: -
Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, Inch High, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker, Norfolkbroadslim, yes Norfolkchance1 £755 for the Academy,so far.

While Bolton, Stoke and a few others also look nailed on in the cup, I too can''t look past Sunderland.

For me, the best bet of the weekend has to be Sunderland at home to Barrow, despite Sunderland''s poor form, with the quality of players they have and being at home, this should be a walk in the park against the non-leaguers.  Let''s just hope they don''t field the youth team and get complacent.

Sunderland vs Barrow - Sunderland to win.

Good luck everyone, best of luck Sid[:)][Y]

Hope everyone has a happy and prosperous New Year and that us Pups are celebrating the New Year in style with 6 of the best from Sid.[<:o)][D]

Well thanks for the kind wishes NN and I also wish all my fellow PUPs a happy and prosperous 2010.

I think Sid has a very difficult week. I have looked long and hard at the fixtures and decided what Sid needs are good tips and not my normal "alternative" selections.

My first suggestion is

[6]Walsall V''s Charlton to be postponed!!! (but I don''t think you''ll get any odds on this from Billy)[6]

So let''s go for

Southampton V Luton Town Home win

The very best to you Sid

Great to catch up with some fellow PUPs last night - thanks Nigel and Mick for organising everything!

As has already been said, its a bit of a tricky week for picking, so I don''t envy Sid [:S]

My pick this week will be:

Reading -v- LIVERPOOL    AWAY WIN

I don''t like going for away games but, despite Liverpool being pretty poor so far this season, I can''t see a team that shipped 4 against Plymouth overcoming the Reds.

Good Luck and Happy New Year to all PUPs  [<:o)][:D]

Good luck Hissing Sid and nice to see you last night.Another face put to a name.Thanks Nutty for the food but as i said to you some celery,cherry tomatoes and pineapple on a stick would have complimented it nicely!!!!!!!! I bet you cannot wait for the New year so you can take your Crimbo jumper off ho ho ho.

Anyway for me it has to be EVERTON to beat Carlisle and if any dodgy weather STOKE to beat York and failing that BOLTON to turn over Lincoln.

Happy New year everybody.

Southampton to beat Barrow for me this week, please. Hope it all went well last night....it had to be more fun than driving to Bournemouth and back!

Happy New Year to everyone, and if any Pups are going to the Snow Ball[<:o)] at the club tomorrow night, I''ll buy you a drink![B]

Good luck all, and particularly Sid!

Some tough FA Cup fixtures to pick from - don''t like the look of many of them I must admit. So instead, its gonna a first pick for City        Wycombe Vs Norwich   - Away Win  Good luck Sid and heres looking forward as always to a PUP success and a city win

After searching through much of Europe and finding that very few places that have a match on, on the weekend of the 2/3rd. I have eventually found a Dead Cert [*]

Coming from the Scottish Division 1, we have Dundee playing Airdree. Top of the table, Dundee, with 40points from 19 games versus bottom of the table, Airdree, with an amazing 8 points and magnificent -19 GD! If this one doesn''t come through then we really are unlucky!

So, Dundee versus Airdree United - HOME WIN

Best of luck PUP''s and Hissing Sid, and a happy new year!

I cannot wait till my turn in the spotlight on the 16th! [H]

Morning all. So here we are again. First up, it was great to meet some of you last night and finally put some faces to names. Myself and Mrs Sid had a top night and are already looking forward to the next meet.

I''d also like to thank Nutty for giving me the opportunity of being this weeks picker, yes the fixture list ain''t great, but the challenge is there. On a personal note, I seem to be in the crest of a slump at the moment with 3 failures in a row, so I think I''m due a bit of good fortune.

Some decent picks already, so keep them coming. My own nap for this week is from the FA Cup and

Bolton v Lincoln - Home Win.

I''m planning to post the final 6 tomorrow (Thurs) afternoon (so I can do it with a clear head!!!)

Finally, a very Happy New Year to all PUPs.

Right, bring it on. Lets go.

OTBC

Shouldn''t be too much of a problem with snow or frozen pitches where I''m heading:

Barcelona  -  v  - Villareal      HOME WIN

Good Luck Hissing Sid and all you lovely PUP''s[:)][Y]

Thanks NN and Lappin for last night. Great to meet up with some fellow PUPs again and Happy New Year to all[<:o)]

[quote user="Diesel Doris"]

Shouldn''t be too much of a problem with snow or frozen pitches where I''m heading:

Thanks NN and Lappin for last night. Great to meet up with some fellow PUPs again and Happy New Year to all[<:o)]

[/quote]

It was nice to meet you DD and MM too. Sorry again for thinking you were a man!

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="Diesel Doris"]

[/quote] It was nice to meet you DD and MM too. Sorry again for thinking you were a man![/quote]

[:O][:O][:@][:@][:@][:S][:S][:S][:$][:$][:$][:$]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Kathy"][quote user="Diesel Doris"]

[/quote] It was nice to meet you DD and MM too. Sorry again for thinking you were a man![/quote]

[:O][:O][:@][:@][:@][:S][:S][:S][:$][:$][:$][:$]

[/quote]

Before I met her NBS I meant!!!!

I''m going to have to be boring as well:Sunderland to beat BarrowGood luck to Sid, and all the PUP''s.HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone.

Sticking with the FA Cup and now-managerless Bolton should see off Lincoln fairly easily.Best of luck to Hissing Sid, you''ve very much drawn the short straw this week but as I say every week we''re well overdue a result and there''s no reason it can''t be this weekend - great to meet you and Mrs Sid last night and who knows, may well see you at Adams Park on Saturday. And indeed it was great to see everybody else who turned up, was a really good night so big thanks to Nutty and Lappinitup for sorting it out and I look forward to the next one.

Happy New Year to Pups everywhere!!!!

Been on the crest of a slump myself Sid since the beginning of November, so I''m hoping for some better fortune in the New Year.

LLANELLI v Carmarthen - HOME WIN in the Welsh Premier will be a banker, if it manages to beat the forcast snow and Ice.

If this fixture fails to go ahead, I''ll have STOKE to beat York please!

Best of Luck Hissing Sid, sorry I couldn''t come and meet you and the other Pups last night, but I will make every effort to make the next one.

Leedscanary

Looks like Chelsea to me! Good luck Sid, good luck all you PUPs. And finally hope you all had a good time last night and a happy a new yer to you all!

Nice to see the pickers at last nights meet.

A shame some couldn''t make it and a special get well soon to City Angel, who I hear is under the weather.

The very best of luck to that nice guy Hissing Sid, this week and to all you other PUP''s

Fulham v Swindon - Home Win

And a happy and healthy 2010 to you all