Sign in to follow this  
Largey

Andy Hughes

I nearly shed a tear everytime Hughesy sent an inch-perfect header back to their goalie. He is still the speed merchant I remember, even with a bit more hair!

Didnt quite mark Valencia out of the game, but a top right-footed left-back!

Good on ya Hooooooozey!

He was still the Hughes of old - plenty of effort, bravery and commitment but not alot of actual class!

Fair play to the bloke, I understood why fans didn''t rate him but we''d of been better of with Hughes last season than what we were with some of the half hearted players we had in the squad at that time!

Yes, we could have done with a lot of heart last season, unfortunately most of those players weren''t returning to Colney in the summer.

I remember Hughes having a top game at Chelsea in the cup a few seasons ago, marking Robben pretty much to a tee, and I remember my shock in hearing the Chelsea eejits giving Robben their MOTM.

We should have never let him go, clearly not enough ability to play anywhere but defence, but with all the moans and groans about Otsemobor we could have had Hughes at right back, who played very well there in his last few weeks at Norwich.

Sorry i can''t tell if the original post here was tongue in cheek but all that game yesterday did was confirm that Hughes is still utter sh*te. Likeable character but absolute cr*p. gave the ball away constantly and got caught out on numerous occasions.

I remember that Andy Hughes was slated to kingdom come on this MB whilst he was at Norwich....... but not by me !

[quote user="pennywise "]hughes is the ultimate cult hero ..wish we still had him  [:D][/quote]

Yes, he was a right cult! Actually, I always quite liked him and could never understand why he received so much flak from some quarters. I suppose some fans always need a hate figure or they are not happy.

Incidentally, did you know that the word FLAK is derived from the German word FLIEGERABWEHRKANONE (an aircraft defence cannon)? Bit of a mouthful that; is it any wonder that wartime Brits abbreviated the word somewhat?