Sign in to follow this  

Apparently Holt has been having back problems for the last month and I think this has been shown on the pitch. In an interview he said that he has been taking pain killing injections before games and Hoolahan also hinted to this in another interview.

I think that it is vital we sign another solid striker, allowing Holt to recover successfully without any major hole in the strike force

I actually thought that this may be the case after the Brighton game where it was noticable that he wasn''t running non-stop as he had been earlier in the season. Its always good to have an alternative and to be able to rest players but he it also shows in strength of character of the chap that he will play through the pain if it means getting results.Although having said that we could change our formation to cope with Holt being out for a game and play Martin up front alone with Wes in behind him and a four man midfield. I suppose the problem with that would be who to play on the right side of midfield unless you give Semi a go there.

I have also thought that Holt might have been playing through injuries lately as in a couple of games he has had a little limp towards the end of the game and as you say he hasn''t been doing as much running.  If Holt did have to miss a few games then the formation he said would work well as we could have Lappin wide left, Russel and Smith in the middle and McNamee wide right.  Or we could have Smith wide right Russel and Lappin in the middle and McNamee wide left.  I think we would be able to cope if Holt gets injured but we need a striker on loan in my opinion.

[quote user="Boyo"]I have also thought that Holt might have been playing through injuries lately as in a couple of games he has had a little limp towards the end of the game and as you say he hasn''t been doing as much running.  If Holt did have to miss a few games then the formation he said would work well as we could have Lappin wide left, Russel and Smith in the middle and McNamee wide right.  Or we could have Smith wide right Russel and Lappin in the middle and McNamee wide left.  I think we would be able to cope if Holt gets injured but we need a striker on loan in my opinion.[/quote]

''Chicken'' said... oops!

I did notice him pull up holding his back after challenging for the ball with a Wycombe player on Saturday. He looked very uncomfortable for a few minutes. It all looked pretty innocuous too but this probably explains it.

Would fit as he pulled up and held his back for quite some time after jumping for a header in the fist half on saturday. I guess would be a bit of a risk but might be worth resting him for exeter as I reckon Martin, Wes and Cody/Macnamee might have enough to see us through that one and we definitely need him for Col U.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Is it supising with some of the fouls on him!........boderline thuggery at times.[/quote]im sure he gives as good as he gets 1st Wiz....in my playing days i was a target man and used to have so much from roughing up defenders and also expected some back...all part and parcel [Y] scored a few goals aswell

[quote user="First Wizard"]Fair enough CTID, but its the measure of the man that he keeps playing through the pain.[/quote]i do agree tho, being a big man you dont get half the fouls you should do. [Y] its nice to see he wants to play for the shirt and battles on through the pain...i just hope he doesnt do himself any lomg term damage and we lose him few a chunk of the season...thats why i stated in another thread i would like to see another striker bought in and maybe give the big fella a rest(we also need a CB) i hope the board keep backing PL through this window  OTBC...HOPE YOU AND MRS WIZ HAD A GOOD XMAS AND NEW YR [:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]  OTBC...HOPE YOU AND MRS WIZ HAD A GOOD XMAS AND NEW YR [:D][/quote]

Nice and quiet,as we like it, you?

[/quote]very good xmas and i cant really remember new year lol so it must have been a good one[Y]

Re: Holt fouling and being fouled, there were some figures in the ''stat pack'' bit of the Millwall programme (yes, I am sad enough to read it!).

In among the other stuff it shows the following: Player with the most... fouls: 54 - Grant Holt; free kicks won 55 - Grant Holt. Not sure what to infer from that, but it seems he gives as good as he gets in the eyes of the refs!!

Interestingly, we had also gone to the top of the ''shots on target'' chart, with 155 (Leeds have the most off target with 163).

You will be ok if Holt is out injured with Lisbie on his way to Norwich..Apparantly Wizard saw him in Norwich today,isn''t that right Wizard???

[quote user="cufcone"]You will be ok if Holt is out injured with Lisbie on his way to Norwich..Apparantly Wizard saw him in Norwich today,isn''t that right Wizard???[/quote]

No, not by me personally, but seen by two others driving into Colney![Y]

There are others I''d prefer, but we could do a lot worse than sign Lisbie - as a player, he clearly knows what''s what at this level....but as a person he would have to do a hell of a lot of grovelling to win us over!