Sign in to follow this  
Canariesworld

Martin and McNamee sign

Very pleased. MacNamee is still an unknown quantity, but gives us something different and Martin has just been getting better and better.

Good news, nice to see us trying to get some strength in depth and also nice to see the board splashing the cash. Must''ve been a combined 400k or so probably.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Good news.............and money is there............thanks Mr Foulger.[;)][/quote]nice to see they are backing PL [Y]  lets hope we see a few more new faces

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]anyone else think 250k seems a little steep for someone with only a couple of brief substitute appearances, and one who probably doesn''t suit our current system?[/quote]

we paid for the potential that they player has! [;)]

[quote user="lordyfan"]nice piece of business. As earlier mentioned here, a good centre back would be a good signing
[/quote]i would also like to see another striker signed..if we lose Holt or Martin we then look very short upfront

Good news about McNamee but I''m still unconvinsed about R.Martin.  Goes forward well but at the back defending I don''t think he is much better than Otsemobor. 

Also as someone else mentioned another CB is an absolute must, maybe a loan untill the end of the season with a view to a permanent if we han''y got the money now.  Also a striker on loan is necessary.

McNamee gave the reason today for signing, "The simple fact of the facilities of the club, the size of the club and playing in front of 25,000"Playing? Does he mean "sitting" in front of 25,00?Wow, I''d sit in front of 25,000 people every week and be paid for it!

[quote user="Canary Boy"]McNamee gave the reason today for signing, "The simple fact of the facilities of the club, the size of the club and playing in front of 25,000"

Playing? Does he mean "sitting" in front of 25,00?

Wow, I''d sit in front of 25,000 people every week and be paid for it!
[/quote]

Good attitude! so you would put him straight into the team the way weve been playing would you? You have hardly seen him play and your alredy slagging him off!

[quote user="Canary Boy"]Who slagged him off? Can''t you read? Go back to school![/quote]

Playing? Does he mean "sitting" in front of 25,00?

Wow, I''d sit in front of 25,000 people every week and be paid for it!

Maybe you should read it again!

Thanks for backing me up Graham.All I said was he is being paid week in, week out for sitting on the bench....and now we''ve signed him.I''m sure he''s a good player, I trust Lambert with our new signings, but I''m also sure most of us would reserve jusdgement until we''ve at least seen him play half a douzen matches.How is this slagging McNamee off?Weirdo!

Good News. I Would Like To See More Of McNamee In The Upcoming Weeks Etc. And As For Russell Martin I Have Been Impressed And Have Felt He Has Shown Improvement Since Arriving. Also He Really Impressed Me When Playing CB The Other Week, Good To Know He Can Do A Good Job At CB If Needed! [Y]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

£400,000 for both!

£150,000 for martin and £250,000 for McNamee! [;)]

[/quote]

Where did you get those figures from Banana , seem a bit high to me [:D]

Certainly is good news and it''s no surprise neither. We are in desperate need of an experienced, competent right-back and R Martin has proved in the last month that he certainly is a good one for this league.

McNamee must be quite frustrated, but as Lambert says "His time will come." He gives us width and pace, but he simply cannot get in because we are on such a good run at the moment. Simon Lappin has done well overall and Wes Hoolahan is, quite simply, outstanding.

I reckon Owain Tudur-Jones, Simon Whaley and Otsemobor will be amongst the ones to go - I hope so anyway!