Sign in to follow this  
Erik the Viking

U's closing in on record attendance!!!!!!

U''s Closing In On Record Attendance

Posted on: Mon 04 Jan 2010

Get your tickets! Did you know you can now buy tickets for ALL of the U''s home games this season? Log on to colutickets.com! You can also ring 0845 437 9089 or visit either of the club''s two shops!

The U''s upcoming derby day clash against Norwich City is likely to hit a new record attendance for the Weston Homes Community Stadium.

With tickets selling rapidly for the visit of the Canaries for one of the most hotly anticipated games for years, the match is likely to sell out by the end of this week at the current rate.

That means that the attendance for the East Anglian derby should surpass the current record crowd for a league game - 9,559 for the visit of Leeds United in April of last year.

It is also likely to exceed the stadium record attendance for the England U19s friendly against Germany, where 9,692 watched the game.

If you have not yet bought your ticket, then it is strongly advised that you do so in the next couple of days to avoid disappointment.

The visitors will be allocated the entire North Stand for the game on January 16th but, as per chairman Robbie Cowling''s statement at the end of last year, will not be given any additional tickets for that match.

The U''s continue to make best efforts to ensure that tickets in home areas are sold to Colchester United supporters only to give Aidy Boothroyd''s men as much support as possible for the game at the start of 2010.

Whilst the U''s are keen to welcome Norwich fans who purchase tickets for the North Stand, we are continuing to monitor all sales - including those online - to ensure that there are no further sales to Canaries followers.

This is to ensure that no tickets are bought in contravention to the club''s ground regulations and that home supporters and away supporters are accommodated in safely segregated areas.

To purchase your tickets for the game against Norwich, call 0845 437 9089 or visit
www.colutickets.com or either of the U''s two club shops.

Ha Ha!, but full of Norwich fans though! - Losers!!!!!

[quote user="Gazza"]

[/quote]yep bet Clownings creaming his pants celebrating his ''Big Gamble''  coming off, probably still expecting a stadium full of Colchester fans.

Says alot about their ''great'' fans when they get more for a U19 England game than their record crowd. No doubt there we about 2000 Leeds fans in the biggest league crowd anyway.

They would probably get more then most weeks if they held a car boot sale on the pitch.

Can''t wait for a late Norwich goal and see 3/4 of the stadium go up to celebrate.

[quote user="Canadian Canary"]

Says alot about their ''great'' fans when they get more for a U19 England game than their record crowd. No doubt there we about 2000 Leeds fans in the biggest league crowd anyway.

They would probably get more then most weeks if they held a car boot sale on the pitch.

Can''t wait for a late Norwich goal and see 3/4 of the stadium go up to celebrate.

[/quote]Yeh im hopin for a late goal as i reckon city fans in the home end will score aswell and then the deluded cowling will notice that most of the people at the ground are norwich fans

[:@]They have got a bloody cheek calling it an East Anglian derby, they are not even in East Anglia. Why do these home county knowbodies keep claiming to be in our East Anglia. They might be included in a tv region but that is where it stops.[:@]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][:@]They have got a bloody cheek calling it an East Anglian derby, they are not even in East Anglia. Why do these home county knowbodies keep claiming to be in our East Anglia. They might be included in a tv region but that is where it stops.[:@][/quote]

Agreed, bloody annoying

Dear Mr Cowling - You state you want segregation unfortunately because of your gob there is no segregation. If you really beleive that you have suddenly found an extra 3 - 4000 supporters you are deluded.

Your own fans are buying tickets and selling them on.

Looks like if we were to get deducted points then Bolton are in for the same fate.

[quote user="Gazza"]

the East Anglian derby should surpass [/quote]

Who are they kidding? They mean sod all to us. We''re just going to show that when we play them by giving them the absolute hammering their tinpot club deserves.

And yes, has been said, I wouldn''t be amazed if there was a 50/50 Col U/Norwich fan split. We''re taking over!

A few points...

No, Colchester isn''t in the strictest sense in East Anglia, but butthurt over geography? come on!

The England U19''s game was £2 for adults, although I think Leeds was a sell out, reduced by the need for temporary segregation.

Yes, when you sit with 24,000 other fans every week, 10,000 may sound piffling, but that is the level of footballing opponent that the mismanagement of Norwich City has left you playing against.

We had 8.8K against Southampton, about 1500 were Saints fans - that leaves 7.3k of Colu fans - yes very tin pot I know, but that only left around 800 empty home seats. Now, considering there are around 300 tickets left at 6pm today, you can do the maths and work out that Colu have currently sold 500 extra home tickets for the game against Norwich compared to the Southampton match. Now assuming they are all Norwich fans, it falls a long way short of the supposed 1000''s doesn''t it?

And, Whatever happens to the remaining 300, there will be still be less Norwich fans in the ground than there would have been if Mr Cowling had allocated you another 1,100.

Cowling''s words may have created a lot of ill feeling in Norfolk, and I know some of you think him an idiot, fair enough, but his words also seem to have galvanised record numbers into WHCS for a league match - so, yeah possibly an idiot, but definatelty a pretty shrewd business man.

[quote user="jibbajabba"]A few points...

No, Colchester isn''t in the strictest sense in East Anglia, but butthurt over geography? come on!

The England U19''s game was £2 for adults, although I think Leeds was a sell out, reduced by the need for temporary segregation.

Yes, when you sit with 24,000 other fans every week, 10,000 may sound piffling, but that is the level of footballing opponent that the mismanagement of Norwich City has left you playing against.

We had 8.8K against Southampton, about 1500 were Saints fans - that leaves 7.3k of Colu fans - yes very tin pot I know, but that only left around 800 empty home seats. Now, considering there are around 300 tickets left at 6pm today, you can do the maths and work out that Colu have currently sold 500 extra home tickets for the game against Norwich compared to the Southampton match. Now assuming they are all Norwich fans, it falls a long way short of the supposed 1000''s doesn''t it?

And, Whatever happens to the remaining 300, there will be still be less Norwich fans in the ground than there would have been if Mr Cowling had allocated you another 1,100.

Cowling''s words may have created a lot of ill feeling in Norfolk, and I know some of you think him an idiot, fair enough, but his words also seem to have galvanised record numbers into WHCS for a league match - so, yeah possibly an idiot, but definatelty a pretty shrewd business man.[/quote]a lot of norwich fans didnt apply due to the thought of not getting a ticket so didnt apply. Also, as on the front page shows, there were 3000 applications in for tickets too so the tickets would have been sold. As for your chairman, sounds as though he is either going to make a hero or villain out of himself with your fans. At the moment I pesume most of col u fans are in support for what he is fighting for, but in the long run, if (and i think this) things don''t go your way (you dont get much compo and we have more short/medium term success under lambert) , will the fans finally turn on him? or will he still be a hero for filling a ground for 1 game.

Jib so if this is the case when you played Bromley AWAY in the FA cup first round why was their gate as big as most of your home gates this season. Your so called own fans are buying tickets and selling them on for profit. Cowling has caused these problems himself, if he would have allocated 1900 tickets and then kept his mouth shut you would not have had any problems.

Get over it Lambert will leave us one day for a bigger club we all know that. When he does however he will go with most of our best wishes because he has from day one been honest about his ambitions.

How does Aidy Boothroyd feel about this? effectively you are telling him he is not as good a manger as Lambert. You are setting yourselves up for him to walk out on you to, lets face it his record is better than Lamberts

And I know if I was a Col U fan I would despise Lambo, but I can fully understand why he left them, and would have done the same. In a neutral view, who wouldnt?

[quote user="jibbajabba"]A few points...

No, Colchester isn''t in the strictest sense in East Anglia, but butthurt over geography? come on! [/quote]Geneaology and history just as much as geography, the East Angles and the East Saxons were two very distinctly different groups.[quote user="jibbajabba"]I know some of you think him an idiot, fair

enough, but his words also seem to have galvanised record numbers into

WHCS for a league match - so, yeah possibly an idiot, but definatelty a

pretty shrewd business man.[/quote]Shrewd business man? yeah right, so shrewd he allowed his management team to walk out on him without coming to an agreement with their future employers.Will you still feel he''s being shrewd if he/you is/are fined by the League as a result of any trouble relating to the non segration of fans at the match?So shrewd one can expect that his bumper takings will be heavily eroded by a far larger than usual police presence.So shrewd that he''s spent the last month or two possibly talking himself out of the possibility of compensation.but idiot? Yes I''ll go with you on that.

MIA, strangely enough, I think Colu fans think Cowling is a hero when the place isn''t full - he picks up the shortfall. He, personally guaranteed the mortgage payments on cuckoo farm, without him, we would still be at Layer Road.

Regarding the compo, the figure will be undisclosed and I would imagine both parties will say they are happy with it, as for Lambert''s success with you, nearly all colu fans are realistic enough to acknowledge that he gets results and if he utilises the resources then you will be back in the championship this or next season. We want promotion too, but we aren''t judging ourselves by the standards that Norwich should.

So let''s get this right - we''ll be fined because Norwich fans have deliberately bought tickets in home areas, contravening our ground regulations? How does that work then Einstein?

At the risk of repeating what many have already said, let me spell it out one more time.

A proportion of those of you who have tried to buy tickets in home areas will be sussed long before you get anywhere near WHCS and simply won''t receive your tickets.

A proportion of the remainder will be sussed at the turnstiles and refused entry.

The remainder (and it will be a few hundred) will get through to your seats.

Thereafter it will be a toss-up whether U''s fans around you or the stewards spot you first. If the latter, you''ll probably be straight out, if the former, depending where you are and who you''re surrounded by, you''ll either have no trouble whatsoever so long as you behave, endure an afternoon of good-natured abuse, or potentially find yourself in a spot more bother. I know you like to play the billy big bollox, but our modest fanbase does have a small but significant proportion of trouble-makers, and I don''t just mean teenage chavs.

It''s quite simple, if you''re in with home fans, don''t show colours, don''t show support and you might just get through to the final whistle.

Enjoy the game.

[quote user="wessex_exile"]So let''s get this right - we''ll be fined because Norwich fans have deliberately bought tickets in home areas, contravening our ground regulations? How does that work then Einstein? At the risk of repeating what many have already said, let me spell it out one more time. A proportion of those of you who have tried to buy tickets in home areas will be sussed long before you get anywhere near WHCS and simply won''t receive your tickets. A proportion of the remainder will be sussed at the turnstiles and refused entry. The remainder (and it will be a few hundred) will get through to your seats. Thereafter it will be a toss-up whether U''s fans around you or the stewards spot you first. If the latter, you''ll probably be straight out, if the former, depending where you are and who you''re surrounded by, you''ll either have no trouble whatsoever so long as you behave, endure an afternoon of good-natured abuse, or potentially find yourself in a spot more bother. I know you like to play the billy big bollox, but our modest fanbase does have a small but significant proportion of trouble-makers, and I don''t just mean teenage chavs. It''s quite simple, if you''re in with home fans, don''t show colours, don''t show support and you might just get through to the final whistle. Enjoy the game.[/quote]

hahaha there will be at least 1,000 plus minimum in the supposed home ends at your place and you should be fined for not being more strict on who you sell tickets to.  I believe that hundreds of tickets have even been sent to NR postcodes to people who have never seen a Colchester match in their lives.

You are going to have a massive police bill for this match and will be lucky to get away without being fined by the football league.

Im sorry but are your stewards psychic or something? Because im sure pretty much any norwich fan going in the home end will be smart enough not to wear any colours and will go dressed in some sort of normal attire. So tell me how are your brilliant stewards going to suss out that were norwich fan? Start questioning every fan not in col u colours? Or as your chairman seems to be so happy to waste money on extra policing costs why not waste even more and get even more police or how about even getting Jeremy Kyle down with a lie detector test ?

[quote user="jibbajabba"]there will be still be less Norwich fans in the ground than there would have been if Mr Cowling had allocated you another 1,100. [/quote]You reckon?[:D]The penny still hasn''t dropped has it? I know of a fair few who will be incognito in amongst your lot.Face it, your chairman is a knobend and he''s made you look like tw@ts.

Quick recap on the maths for you mate...

7,300 out of a max 8,100 home tickets sold for Southampton, that leaves 800.

If he had given you 1,100 extra that would deny 300 that watched us beat Southampton, the opportunity to watch you wouldn''t it?

He really would have looked like a silly boy favouring notrich fans over his own wouldn''t he?

[quote user="wessex_exile"]So let''s get this right - we''ll be fined because Norwich fans have deliberately bought tickets in home areas, contravening our ground regulations? How does that work then Einstein? At the risk of repeating what many have already said, let me spell it out one more time. A proportion of those of you who have tried to buy tickets in home areas will be sussed long before you get anywhere near WHCS and simply won''t receive your tickets. A proportion of the remainder will be sussed at the turnstiles and refused entry. The remainder (and it will be a few hundred) will get through to your seats. Thereafter it will be a toss-up whether U''s fans around you or the stewards spot you first. If the latter, you''ll probably be straight out, if the former, depending where you are and who you''re surrounded by, you''ll either have no trouble whatsoever so long as you behave, endure an afternoon of good-natured abuse, or potentially find yourself in a spot more bother. I know you like to play the billy big bollox, but our modest fanbase does have a small but significant proportion of trouble-makers, and I don''t just mean teenage chavs. It''s quite simple, if you''re in with home fans, don''t show colours, don''t show support and you might just get through to the final whistle. Enjoy the game.[/quote]

I`ve met some of your lads when we`ve played down at ipswich, and guess what they were their for and which side they were on?

I always quite liked Colchester as our little brothers in arms against the scum, but this petty little episode does you no favours at all.

[quote user="Gazza"]

U''s Closing In On Record Attendance

Posted on: Mon 04 Jan 2010

Get your tickets! Did you know you can now buy tickets for ALL of the U''s home games this season? Log on to colutickets.com! You can also ring 0845 437 9089 or visit either of the club''s two shops!

The U''s upcoming derby day clash against Norwich City is likely to hit a new record attendance for the Weston Homes Community Stadium.

With tickets selling rapidly for the visit of the Canaries for one of the most hotly anticipated games for years, the match is likely to sell out by the end of this week at the current rate.

That means that the attendance for the East Anglian derby should surpass the current record crowd for a league game - 9,559 for the visit of Leeds United in April of last year.

It is also likely to exceed the stadium record attendance for the England U19s friendly against Germany, where 9,692 watched the game.

If you have not yet bought your ticket, then it is strongly advised that you do so in the next couple of days to avoid disappointment.

The visitors will be allocated the entire North Stand for the game on January 16th but, as per chairman Robbie Cowling''s statement at the end of last year, will not be given any additional tickets for that match.

The U''s continue to make best efforts to ensure that tickets in home areas are sold to Colchester United supporters only to give Aidy Boothroyd''s men as much support as possible for the game at the start of 2010.

Whilst the U''s are keen to welcome Norwich fans who purchase tickets for the North Stand, we are continuing to monitor all sales - including those online - to ensure that there are no further sales to Canaries followers.

This is to ensure that no tickets are bought in contravention to the club''s ground regulations and that home supporters and away supporters are accommodated in safely segregated areas.

To purchase your tickets for the game against Norwich, call 0845 437 9089 or visit
www.colutickets.com or either of the U''s two club shops.

[/quote]

But do they have underfloor heating? If not they will call match off at 2-55.hum