Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Scapegoat Of The Decade

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Surely Worthy must be right up there too, Nutty ?
[/quote]

Now form an orderly queue Smithy!

I''m campaigning to get Worthy onto the worst manager thread because "anyone was better than Worthy"[:O]

He''s got the biggest protest thread in the bag though[;)]

Nutty you are like a kid with a scabby knee.

You know it''s going to hurt but you just can''t stop picking at it.

Time to move on and let it heal(try germoline)

Wrong! No contest, it has to be:[img]http://trollcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/bloodninja_cybersex_trollcat_i_put_on_my_robe_and_wizard_hat.jpg[/img]

In M  O without doubt has to be none other than GUNN, He was thrown in at the deep end and hung out to dry, talk about cheap option, having green and yellow blood was not good enough, there are 25.000 of us with the same credentials, don''t make us managers though

There were several good seasons with Worthington, but none with D''oh, so it''s obvious who deserves this accolade.

If you want to get esoteric, blame the fans who keep showing up en masse, seemingly in support of bad manager choices, cheap decisions which turn costly (Taylor and Ashton come to mind), and being critical of anyone who suggests changes at the top were absolutely necessary to stop the H.M.S.NCFC from sinking.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Nah! For you dear nigel.............

1.  Delia

2.  Worthy

3.  The Doc.

OTBC

[/quote]

I already said it was Doc so those aren''t for me.. are they yours[:^)]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

There were several good seasons with Worthington, but none with D''oh, so it''s obvious who deserves this accolade.

If you want to get esoteric, blame the fans who keep showing up en masse, seemingly in support of bad manager choices, cheap decisions which turn costly (Taylor and Ashton come to mind), and being critical of anyone who suggests changes at the top were absolutely necessary to stop the H.M.S.NCFC from sinking.

[/quote]

Good old Whitney! First blast at the fans in 2010!!

It''ll soon be renewal time[O] I''m definitely renewing by first deadline.. anyone else[:^)]

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Nah! For you dear nigel.............

1.  Delia

2.  Worthy

3.  The Doc.

OTBC

[/quote]

I already said it was Doc so those aren''t for me.. are they yours[:^)]

[/quote]

No.

They are my view of yours. As you know.

[:P]

OTBC

OTBC

There''s probably a case for Delia for this particular accolade.  Without doubt the woman has made some huge mistakes over the past decade, such as managerial appointments, failure to back the right people with the right funds, focussing too much attention on off-field activities, etc... but she''s also had the finger of blame pointed at her for just about everything else as well!  I''ve lost count of the number of times I''ve responded to a post with the words "Delia''s made enough mistakes for us to have a go at without the need for making stuff up..."

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]There''s probably a case for Delia for this particular accolade.  Without doubt the woman has made some huge mistakes over the past decade, such as managerial appointments, failure to back the right people with the right funds, focussing too much attention on off-field activities, etc... but she''s also had the finger of blame pointed at her for just about everything else as well!  I''ve lost count of the number of times I''ve responded to a post with the words "Delia''s made enough mistakes for us to have a go at without the need for making stuff up..."
[/quote]

Yes but she has appointed people so as to take blame away from her, so how is she a scapegoat?

Delia bloody Smith!!!

Not a scapegoat, if you look up what scapegoat means but the cause of much of our demise in the noughtys and rightly so.

Thanks for League One football Delia, oh and nice to see you dont over promote yourself in the club shop either, because she doesnt sell Delia chefs hats, aprons, cookbooks etc does she?

If i went to the chelsea club shop would i have to buy oil???

And while we are at it Delia, how can you justify selling merchandise in the club shops at premiership prices when we are a division 3 { league one club???

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]There''s probably a case for Delia for this particular accolade.  Without doubt the woman has made some huge mistakes over the past decade, such as managerial appointments, failure to back the right people with the right funds, focussing too much attention on off-field activities, etc... but she''s also had the finger of blame pointed at her for just about everything else as well!  I''ve lost count of the number of times I''ve responded to a post with the words "Delia''s made enough mistakes for us to have a go at without the need for making stuff up..."[/quote]

Yes but she has appointed people so as to take blame away from her, so how is she a scapegoat?

[/quote]The point is that people on these boards have used her name to place blame for just about everything that''s ever gone wrong at Carrow Road, from the quality of the match day pies to the resignation of Doris the Tea Lady....

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]There''s probably a case for Delia for this particular accolade.  Without doubt the woman has made some huge mistakes over the past decade, such as managerial appointments, failure to back the right people with the right funds, focussing too much attention on off-field activities, etc... but she''s also had the finger of blame pointed at her for just about everything else as well!  I''ve lost count of the number of times I''ve responded to a post with the words "Delia''s made enough mistakes for us to have a go at without the need for making stuff up..."
[/quote]

[/quote]
The point is that people on these boards have used her name to place blame for just about everything that''s ever gone wrong at Carrow Road, from the quality of the match day pies to the resignation of Doris the Tea Lady....
[/quote]

Normally the buck stops at the top, but then  professional football clubs these days are dolly houses rather than normal economic entities.

OTBC

OTBC

"scapegoat": a person, often innocent, who is blamed

and punished for the sins, crimes, or sufferings of others, generally

as a way of distracting attention from the real causes.

On that basis, it has to be Gary Doherty.  I LOVE YOU Ginger Pelé! [H] [}][G]

Smudger and Cluck who got it right all along....

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Given some of the unfounded crap that''s been posted about him recently I think Tilly must be in with a shout.

[/quote]

No way Beaus! A decade''s a long time and Doc''s had half a decade of stick off the fans for all the penalties he conceded that the referees never gave and all the aimless hoofs that were only ever seen on the wireless. Tilly''s recent small dose of "unfounded crap" makes him a big fluffy Nanny Goat in comparison.

I think some of you need to look up ''scapegoat'' in the dictionary!

Worthy and Delia were in messes of their own making..but Doc has a good case i think.

[quote user="whoareyou"]I think some of you need to look up ''scapegoat'' in the dictionary!

Worthy and Delia were in messes of their own making..but Doc has a good case i think.[/quote]I also think some of you need to actually read posts and not just skim over them... Delia has a case for scapegoat of the decade for all the times people have blamed her for soemthing that isn''t her fault, in spite of their being plenty of things she''s actually done wrong to have a go at her about...For what its worth, the Doc has also gotten himself into plenty of messes of his own making, much like Worthy and Delia... let''s not forget his rugby tackling red card that opened the floodgates for Worthy''s eventual sacking... among many others.  I agree he''s hard-done-by on occasion, but on others its been entirely justified...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Given some of the unfounded crap that''s been posted about him recently I think Tilly must be in with a shout.

[/quote]

No way Beaus! A decade''s a long time and Doc''s had half a decade of stick off the fans for all the penalties he conceded that the referees never gave and all the aimless hoofs that were only ever seen on the wireless. Tilly''s recent small dose of "unfounded crap" makes him a big fluffy Nanny Goat in comparison.

[/quote]

But I think you also have to admit that (i) there''s been precious little interest in him from other clubs and (ii) he has been out of the international picture for a fair time.

That is also evidence of a lower level of performance in general compared with that recent prem season.

Maybe he''s good in the Third Division but marginal wrt Second Division requirements now? Hopefully next season will test that theory. And I do hope he makes it. Wholehearted players are an asset to any club. And I also like how he has buckled down to the task under Lambert.

OTBC 

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But I think you also have to admit that (i) there''s been precious little interest in him from other clubs and (ii) he has been out of the international picture for a fair time.

That is also evidence of a lower level of performance in general compared with that recent prem season.

Maybe he''s good in the Third Division but marginal wrt Second Division requirements now? Hopefully next season will test that theory. And I do hope he makes it. Wholehearted players are an asset to any club. And I also like how he has buckled down to the task under Lambert.

OTBC 

[/quote]

I think you have to admit that none of that is relevant to my opinion that he is scapegoat of the decade. What i believe is relevant are all those penalties he is accused of giving away that the referees don''t give. All those fouls around the box made by others but somehow attributed to him and all those aimless hoofs that are only seen on the wireless.

The team has shown a lower level of performance and

Doc has often, I believe unfairly, taken the blame not just for his own shortcomings but for many others too.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC 

[/quote]

I think you have to admit that none of that is relevant to my opinion that he is scapegoat of the decade. What i believe is relevant are all those penalties he is accused of giving away that the referees don''t give. All those fouls around the box made by others but somehow attributed to him and all those aimless hoofs that are only seen on the wireless.

The team has shown a lower level of performance and

Doc has often, I believe unfairly, taken the blame not just for his own shortcomings but for many others too.

[/quote]

So why spend 6 lines responding?

[:S]

OTBC