Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Plan B, How do we get tickets for the home end at Colchester?

If you have been charged the money and are still waiting for the tickets then I think they may be checking your purchase! You may get a call!!

For the umpteenth time guys if you have got tickets i would not post details on here as they are tracing people through such posts and cancelling their tickets.

my friend who goes to uni in colchester and is also a dedicated norwich fan is renting a house in colchester and got my tickets using his postcode. Just hope everything goes ok on the day.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]...as it looks like 1000 us us that applied are going to miss out, has anyone already tried this??[/quote]

They''ve been on sale for over 4 weeks, didnt you realise there was a chance that you might not get one with only 1900 tickets for about 3000 applications?

[/quote]

Pardon me Nostradamus , for not being able to forsee how many other City fans would apply for a ticket when I applied for mine, how would I have known that there would be 3000 ?!, perhaps you''d like to tell me the lottery numbers for tomorrow night?

Besides which, is it not to difficult for you to appreciate that I would rather go down the "official" channel first of applying for a ticket in the away end first, in order to sit amongst fellow Norwich fans, and then explore other avenues if unsuccesful.

I would have appeared slightly foolish if I had gone down that route first only to find that every Norwich fan applying for a ticket was successful.

once again if you have those lottery numbers , let us all in on it? - ......tw*t

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]...as it looks like 1000 us us that applied are going to miss out, has anyone already tried this??[/quote]

They''ve been on sale for over 4 weeks, didnt you realise there was a chance that you might not get one with only 1900 tickets for about 3000 applications?

[/quote]

Pardon me Nostradamus , for not being able to forsee how many other City fans would apply for a ticket when I applied for mine, how would I have known that there would be 3000 ?!, perhaps you''d like to tell me the lottery numbers for tomorrow night?

Besides which, is it not to difficult for you to appreciate that I would rather go down the "official" channel first of applying for a ticket in the away end first, in order to sit amongst fellow Norwich fans, and then explore other avenues if unsuccesful.

I would have appeared slightly foolish if I had gone down that route first only to find that every Norwich fan applying for a ticket was successful.

once again if you have those lottery numbers , let us all in on it? - ......tw*t

[/quote]

Love this !!!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve never been called Nostradamus before,  he was a philosopsher who lived 500 years ago yet has predicted many large events and has been very correct so far, so I was happy with that [:)], didn''t like being called a tw*t though [:(]

Fair comment re going down the official route first, I''ve done that too but it doesn''t take Einstein or Nostradamus to work out that if we take 2000 fans regularly to away games that there would be a much bigger application for somewhere so close especially with the Lambert history to ignite passion.

Hope you and I are lucky with both lotteries [:)]

If you are planning to use the clubs car park be careful as the old bill will be able to check car registrations and see if they are NR postcodes.

Just a thought.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

If you are planning to use the clubs car park be careful as the old bill will be able to check car registrations and see if they are NR postcodes.

Just a thought.[/quote]

Apparently other than their official car park which their website says is £5 ( read somewhere else £7.50 ) there aren''t many places to park round there although they do ferry people free in buses from the train station ( because of the parking situation)

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

Just a thought.

[/quote]What exactly would plod or the club itself gain by checking car registrations ?Unless they''re that desperate that they''ll be tailing people to see if they try to enter the home stands....And why would the police bother when some jobsworth employed by Colchester can easily do it ?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

Just a thought.

[/quote]

What exactly would plod or the club itself gain by checking car registrations ?Unless they''re that desperate that they''ll be tailing people to see if they try to enter the home stands....

And why would the police bother when some jobsworth employed by Colchester can easily do it ?
[/quote]

The club would achieve what it says on its website. Stopping city fans entering home stands. The police will have been advised of this and it doesn''t take much with their number plate recognition and a quick look at your tickets to establish where you come from and where you are sitting. All they need is a car and a few police at the car park entrance. Not really rocket science.

I would think the police have enough on their hands making sure there is no crowd trouble, I don''t think they have enough policing staff to send one or two to check car number plates.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I would think the police have enough on their hands making sure there is no crowd trouble, I don''t think they have enough policing staff to send one or two to check car number plates.

[/quote]

Well preventing City fans entering the car park and therefore the ground is an effective way of preventing crowd trouble . Anyone who thinks that Col U and the police are not serious about preventing non Col U fans entering home ends is naive.Some Col U fan on here said that S27''s have been given out in previous matches. Wouldn''t you be a bit gutted if a copper took your tickets off you at the car park entrance and sent you on your way?

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

Just a thought.

[/quote]What exactly would plod or the club itself gain by checking car registrations ?Unless they''re that desperate that they''ll be tailing people to see if they try to enter the home stands....And why would the police bother when some jobsworth employed by Colchester can easily do it ?[/quote]

The club would achieve what it says on its website. Stopping city fans entering home stands. The police will have been advised of this and it doesn''t take much with their number plate recognition and a quick look at your tickets to establish where you come from and where you are sitting. All they need is a car and a few police at the car park entrance. Not really rocket science.

[/quote]Yes but why would the club pay those police all that extra money when the registered keeper''s postcode is, by law, printed on on each number plate. They might have to squint a bit to do it but a club official could easily do exactly the same job with just one copper there as a '' minder ''.Not really rocket science.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Well preventing City fans entering the car park and therefore the ground is an effective way of preventing crowd trouble . Anyone who thinks that Col U and the police are not serious about preventing non Col U fans entering home ends is naive.Some Col U fan on here said that S27''s have been given out in previous matches. Wouldn''t you be a bit gutted if a copper took your tickets off you at the car park entrance and sent you on your way?

[/quote]

Mate anyone looking to cause trouble at this game will not be driving to Colchester and parking in the official club car par. I think the police will have anough to worry about policing the trains and the town centres, they will not give a toss about the club car park nor will they go through the hasle of scanning every car that comes in to see if it has a Norfolk numberplate.

If what col U fans say is true and Col U can cancel tickets by deactivating the barcodes on them then i would think the bigger concern is that you get to the turnstyle only to find your ticket has been cancelled and you can''t go in! That could cause all sorts of problems with angry fans stuck outside the ground.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mate anyone looking to cause trouble at this game will not be driving to Colchester and parking in the official club car par. I think the police will have anough to worry about policing the trains and the town centres, they will not give a toss about the club car park nor will they go through the hasle of scanning every car that comes in to see if it has a Norfolk numberplate.

If what col U fans say is true and Col U can cancel tickets by deactivating the barcodes on them then i would think the bigger concern is that you get to the turnstyle only to find your ticket has been cancelled and you can''t go in! That could cause all sorts of problems with angry fans stuck outside the ground.

[/quote]

I''m parking in the club car park and my number plate is NCFC 1

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol - won''t need a policeman to work that one out then! Still doubt they will ask what end you are sitting in as presumably you don''t have to be a home fan to park in the official car park!

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wouldn''t travel without an official ticket, but that''s just me.

The police are serious, as they always are in these matters.  But police forces up and down the Country are seriously under resourced.

I would think they have more to do with their time (which most of them would have had to give up leave to cover) than walk around checking car number plates on the National Database.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol - won''t need a policeman to work that one out then! Still doubt they will ask what end you are sitting in as presumably you don''t have to be a home fan to park in the official car park!

[/quote]

Only joking. Its C01 WH0 really

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve never been called Nostradamus before,  he was a philosopsher who lived 500 years ago yet has predicted many large events and has been very correct so far, so I was happy with that [:)], didn''t like being called a tw*t though [:(]

Fair comment re going down the official route first, I''ve done that too but it doesn''t take Einstein or Nostradamus to work out that if we take 2000 fans regularly to away games that there would be a much bigger application for somewhere so close especially with the Lambert history to ignite passion.

Hope you and I are lucky with both lotteries [:)]

[/quote]

Yes, I do apologise for that, I guess we''re all a little eager to be at this particular match. Who''d have thought that attending a division 3 match would prove so difficult !?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Yes, I do apologise for that, I guess we''re all a little eager to be at this particular match. Who''d have thought that attending a division 3 match would prove so difficult !?[/quote]

No apology needed I''ve been called worse [:)] Yes this is a highly charged game and of course we all want to be there. Ticket office say that we''ll all know by Thursday as they are still shiftying through the applications for Group 3 and once thats done they will all go in a draw.

Lets keep our fingers crossed

Basically I have applied for tickets and in group three. Looked on my purchase history on the online ticketing system and it hassnt come up with anything regarding colchester. Does this mean that i definately havvnt got them or have the clubs not processed all the sales yet?

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Basically I have applied for tickets and in group three. Looked on my purchase history on the online ticketing system and it hassnt come up with anything regarding colchester. Does this mean that i definately havvnt got them or have the clubs not processed all the sales yet?
[/quote]

No I just rang them for Millwall tickets ( but was too early), they are still checking applications for group 3 and once thats done they will go into a draw, they think we''ll know on Thursdayafternoon, one way or the other.

Ahh good can still keep my hopes us. Pray to god i can get these tickets as getting tickets in the home end is now looking like it might be a bit of a mission

I managed to get tickets in the home end, obviously not going to wear city colours on show or cause any trouble what so ever, I really don''t see the harm. I''m paying the full price and I was forced into this course of action by the Colchester Utd chairman. I, like many would rather watch my team from the home end than it be wasted by Colchester Uniteds small fan base. (And yes I did apply, however I have only managed to attend away games this season and am not a season ticket holder).

As long as you don''t look for trouble, you won''t find it. In the same way as if you don''t look like you want to be caught in the home end, you won''t be.