Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

matty pattison

theirs a thread about david bell but i think pattison would have done a decent job in this league and got stuck in under lamberts guidance..his loan debut for us was among the best i`ve seen against coventry in 2007.. i`ll probably get slated now lol [:D]

Yeh I think Lambo would have made a good player out of him, was a shame to see him go because he was actually in form when he was dropped by Uncle Fester.

wasn`t the rumour that he kicked off about roeders sacking ? i remember he came on to good effect in gunns 1st match and was never seen again..

To be fair, when Pattison was good he was good.His shots on goal were frighteningly powerful at times, and he must of hit the woodwork 4 or 5 times toward the beginning of last season? Terribly unlucky as i remember it. To be honest, the ''professional'' Pattison rarely ever did anything wrong. It''s just a shame he was only professional once every full moon (at the best of times).I''d certainly like to think Lambert could of got the best out of him, but as sad as it is for me to say, he never seemed like one capable of overcoming his ''demons'' unfortunately.

Agree entirely with the sentiment so far on Pongo, he would have been a great bonus for us this season in League 1.   

As mentioned, quite why Uncle Fester deemed fit to excommunicate him God alone knows as I doubt very much UF did.  It was such a  shame as the lad was one of the few redeeming features in the first half of last season and surely could have done no worse than some of the other lepers we were saddled with on the second half? Good old Fester!

Lambo would have sorted him out a treat and I can just imagine him eating up the middle of the park the season and bombing forwards down the left. 

“Come back Pongo, all is forgiven”

it takes a very good man manager to control a player, worthy couldnt control bentley, gunn couldnt control fatty patty, Lambert is controlling players well and keeping them on their toes.

Pattison wasnt a bad player but a bit inconsistent but i think Lambert would have got the best out of him in League 1. Remember him smashing a few in with his left last season against Forest away and scum at home.

[quote user="Askounin"]Pattison wasnt a bad player but a bit inconsistent but i think Lambert would have got the best out of him in League 1. Remember him smashing a few in with his left last season against Forest away and scum at home.
[/quote]

But his face didn''t fit, I thought he wasn''t all bad and agree he would have been a cut above the rest in this league (bit like wes) 

[quote user="Bury Green"]

Agree entirely with the sentiment so far on Pongo, he would have been a great bonus for us this season in League 1.   

As mentioned, quite why Uncle Fester deemed fit to excommunicate him God alone knows as I doubt very much UF did.  It was such a  shame as the lad was one of the few redeeming features in the first half of last season and surely could have done no worse than some of the other lepers we were saddled with on the second half? Good old Fester!

Lambo would have sorted him out a treat and I can just imagine him eating up the middle of the park the season and bombing forwards down the left. 

[/quote]

More ill-informed rubbish about Gunn I see. Gunn got rid of Fotheringham - any complaints about that ? At the first opportunity, Gunn immediately brought Cureton back from Barnsley but only after the damage had been done -by Roeder''s decision to ship him out to another club fighting to avoid relegation - now that was stupid wasn''t it ?- so, any complaints about Gunn''s decision to remove Curo from Barnsley ? Of course not.  Gunn knew very much what he was doing in both these examples and it is only your blinkered dislike of "Uncle Fester" as you describe him that makes you suggest that Gunn did not know what he was doing in regard to Pattison. As you well know, the only reason why Fatty Matty came to Norwich was because of the time he spent with Roeder at Newcastle. He did throw an almighty strop when Roeder was sacked and Gunn decided he had become a bad influence on the rest of the team. Good decision and, yes, the much maligned Gunn knew exactly what he was doing - Fatty Matty was a poor player anyway. Where is he now ?

[quote user="Big Bad John"]To be fair, when Pattison was good he was good.His shots on goal were frighteningly powerful at times, and he must of hit the woodwork 4 or 5 times toward the beginning of last season? Terribly unlucky as i remember it. To be honest, the ''professional'' Pattison rarely ever did anything wrong. It''s just a shame he was only professional once every full moon (at the best of times).I''d certainly like to think Lambert could of got the best out of him, but as sad as it is for me to say, he never seemed like one capable of overcoming his ''demons'' unfortunately.[/quote]And therein lies the truth about Pattison. Done for drink-driving and then kicked up a stink about Roeder gettin the boot. Not what you want around the dressing room. Bad influence on the youngsters also.Could you see Dion or Hucks doing the above? There the type of players you want in a squad, not law-breaking troublemaking apple cart upsetters!

[quote user="Panic Dem"][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

More ill-informed rubbish about Gunn I see. Gunn got rid of Fotheringham - any complaints about that ? At the first opportunity, Gunn immediately brought Cureton back from Barnsley but only after the damage had been done -by Roeder''s decision to ship him out to another club fighting to avoid relegation - now that was stupid wasn''t it ?- so, any complaints about Gunn''s decision to remove Curo from Barnsley ? Of course not.  Gunn knew very much what he was doing in both these examples and it is only your blinkered dislike of "Uncle Fester" as you describe him that makes you suggest that Gunn did not know what he was doing in regard to Pattison. As you well know, the only reason why Fatty Matty came to Norwich was because of the time he spent with Roeder at Newcastle. He did throw an almighty strop when Roeder was sacked and Gunn decided he had become a bad influence on the rest of the team. Good decision and, yes, the much maligned Gunn knew exactly what he was doing - Fatty Matty was a poor player anyway. Where is he now ?

[/quote]

Hi Brian,

Before I get started I would like to take this opportunity to express my admiration for your post, its stands proud in its moronic content and boy is that going some in these parts.

For the record I actually attend games home and away and saw all but one of Uncle Festers games in charge culminating with the inspired performance at The Valley, he really knew what he was doing all the way didn’t he?  After all the evidence was all around us wasn’t it, who needed Pongo when you had a team like Festers just oozing class and talent.

My particular favourite was the trip down to Swansea, you may have made the 500 mile round trip as well and boy were we treated to some inspired stuff as we all watched the former catering manager carefully outwit Roberto Martinez. No need or a high octane Pongo performance that day was there? 

Ditto Portman Road, Reading at home, Col Who and all those other inspired performances we all hold with such warm affection and of course not once did we ever need the talents of Pongo, didn’t need him once did we?

Allow me to understand how we benefitted from Fester falling out with Pongo? Go on, give it a go, nothing about Rodent, nothing about Fozzy or JC, why were we better off without Pongo?  Enlighten us all with your wisdom and allow us to understand because the last time I chose to even dare think about Festers tenure we were relying on players that took our club to the lowest point in half a century.

Oh yes, I await the stock response that it was all Rodents fault and Pongo was a naughty boy with keen anticipation. Football managers tend to manage you know, funny that.

[quote user="Big Bad John"]To be fair, when Pattison was good he was good.

His shots on goal were frighteningly powerful at times, and he must of hit the woodwork 4 or 5 times toward the beginning of last season? Terribly unlucky as i remember it.

To be honest, the ''professional'' Pattison rarely ever did anything wrong. It''s just a shame he was only professional once every full moon (at the best of times).

I''d certainly like to think Lambert could of got the best out of him, but as sad as it is for me to say, he never seemed like one capable of overcoming his ''demons'' unfortunately.
[/quote]

I Remember Watching Him At Dartford In Pre-season And He Smashed A Ball Into The Bottom Of The Stand And It Broke The Stand. His Power Would Have Fitted Well In League 1. [:P]

Gunn''s decision to bring back Curo from Barnsley may not be all it was cracked up to be. He didn''t exactly set the world alight in his time there and it could well be argued that they did better after he returned to us. Although I will agree that seeing one of our players bscore for one of our relegation rivals was a bitter pill to swallow.

I believe that playing Fatty Patty at the end of last season could well made a bigger difference than recalling Cureton. But obviously there was more going on than we knew and it seems Roeder left the building with a split dressingroom that Gunny was obviously incapable of uniting.

[quote user="Panic Dem"][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]..........can I have a mobile on contract please?

[quote user="Panic Dem"]More ill-informed rubbish about Gunn I see. At the first opportunity, Gunn immediately brought Cureton back from Barnsley but only after the damage had been done -by Roeder''s decision to ship him out to another club fighting to avoid relegation - now that was stupid wasn''t it ?- so, any complaints about Gunn''s decision to remove Curo from Barnsley ? Of course not.[/quote]More ill-informed rubbish about Gunn I see.

Gunn did NOT bring Cureton back from Barnsley, the board did. They brought him back as soon as they sacked Roeder and BEFORE they had decided on a caretaker manager.........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/7828617.stm

"Munby said a decision had yet to be made over who would take charge of the team for Saturday''s league game at home to Barnsley."

"Meanwhile, Norwich have recalled last season''s top scorer Jamie Cureton from loan at Barnsley and he will be eligible to face the South Yorkshire club on Saturday."