Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

It'll be good to get Cureton off the books...

I know he''s come in for a lot of stick, but Lamberet obviously doesn''t see him having a future at Carrow Road, he is possibly our most highly paid players, to move him on will enable a further striker to come in?

Sorry, ''City Angel'' pulled out the old post about Cureton just as i posted mine... i don''t care where he goes, just so long as we aren''t paying him to play i the reserves.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Sorry, ''City Angel'' pulled out the old post about Cureton just as i posted mine... i don''t care where he goes, just so long as we aren''t paying him to play i the reserves.[/quote]

Thats ok, was going to start a new one myself then remembered there was that other one recently about where he was going so thought I''d add to that instead.

Think like you its best all round if he moves on, for his sake and ours - shame though .

[quote user="First Wizard"]Totally uncalled thread............thanks Jamie for the memories.[/quote]

Wizzard!!! justify your comment please... sure Jamie gave us good memories, but they were a long time ago, the POINT of the thread however was what is beneficial to the club, and that would be a highly paid player, that DOES not play... moving on... SIMPLES!

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Totally uncalled thread............thanks Jamie for the memories.[/quote]

Wizzard!!! justify your comment please... sure Jamie gave us good memories, but they were a long time ago, the POINT of the thread however was what is beneficial to the club, and that would be a highly paid player, that DOES not play... moving on... SIMPLES!

[/quote]

His hat trick against Col Who for starters!

And you sound like a Col fan, WE wish our old boys well.............not rubbish them.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Canaries Utd"]

[/quote]

And you sound like a Col fan, WE wish our old boys well.............not rubbish them.

[/quote]

Dean Ashton? I was one of the VERY few Norwich fans not to boo him off the pitch against Wet Sham that pre season.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Col fan... shut up you fool... before making such a comment, do some research on me!  And if you take time to actually read my posts, where do i actually slate Jamie??? Read and digest Wizard, get off your high horse.

[/quote]

[/quote]Really? What about Mr Brian Gunn? A man you have refered to as having ''leeched'' off the club?

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Canaries Utd"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Really? What about Mr Brian Gunn? A man you have refered to as having ''leeched'' off the club?
[/quote]

Its true, he did for years.........oh, and got us relegated!

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Canaries Utd"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Really? What about Mr Brian Gunn? A man you have refered to as having ''leeched'' off the club?
[/quote]

Good point ''King Canary''... just goes to show that Wizard makes off the cuff comments at times when it suits him/her? and its all gone quiet over there!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]Really? What about Mr Brian Gunn? A man you have refered to as having ''leeched'' off the club?[/quote]Wizard is a grade A hypocrite, best left ignored.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Canaries Utd"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Col fan... shut up you fool... before making such a comment, do some research on me!  And if you take time to actually read my posts, where do i actually slate Jamie??? Read and digest Wizard, get off your high horse.

[/quote]

Ah! shut up you fool, clever, I''ve never heard that one before! [:S]

Nah.........you''re not important enough for me to do that.

Wiz friend, if you say gunn leeched off us for years....and got us relegated, you could also say Jamie C leeched off us.....and was part of the team that got us relegated. At the end of the day wiz, Jamie C is our top earner behind The Doc, and hes barely good enough for the bench, which sounds a bit like leeching to me.

Anyway I wish the boy luck, hes a nice lad, wont be going to Cheltenham, hes going back to Bristol Rovers to end his career I hear, so all the best, and hope he will be happy with his family around him.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Wiz friend, if you say gunn leeched off us for years....and got us relegated, you could also say Jamie C leeched off us.....and was part of the team that got us relegated. At the end of the day wiz, Jamie C is our top earner behind The Doc, and hes barely good enough for the bench, which sounds a bit like leeching to me.

Anyway I wish the boy luck, hes a nice lad, wont be going to Cheltenham, hes going back to Bristol Rovers to end his career I hear, so all the best, and hope he will be happy with his family around him.[/quote]Second all of that Arthur. I have nothing aginst Jamie, but for the wages he collects, against what he has actually done for the club in his latest stay, he is as much of a leech as Gunn ever was.

OK First Wizard, he got a hat trick against Col U... but how many should he have had... 5 or 6 by my count... I am afraid he is over teh hill, and wish him well as I have always done. Shame it never worked out for him.

The touble is he won''t be off out books this season. No club would take him on loan and pay all his wages.

We will be paying him to play elsewhere. I guess we might save a couple of grand a week but that will be it.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Wiz friend, if you say gunn leeched off us for years....and got us relegated, you could also say Jamie C leeched off us.....and was part of the team that got us relegated. At the end of the day wiz, Jamie C is our top earner behind The Doc, and hes barely good enough for the bench, which sounds a bit like leeching to me. Anyway I wish the boy luck, hes a nice lad, wont be going to Cheltenham, hes going back to Bristol Rovers to end his career I hear, so all the best, and hope he will be happy with his family around him.[/quote]
Second all of that Arthur. I have nothing aginst Jamie, but for the wages he collects, against what he has actually done for the club in his latest stay, he is as much of a leech as Gunn ever was.
[/quote]

Neither Gunn nor Cureton have been leeches. It''s nonsense to describe them as such.

The facts show that Cureton was at his best playing alongside players such as Akinbiyi, Roberts (at Bristol Rovers) and Iwelumo. When Cureton returned to Norwich he wasn''t given the opportunity of playing alongside tall, muscular front men such as those mentioned. Under Roeder JC hardly started a game and when he did, laughably he was played up front on his own with balls beong lofted to him from the back. Roeder''s tenure as Norwich manager resulted in JC''s confidence being completely undermined and he never had the opportunity since to regain it. There is no doubt now that JC should be unloaded but, as UEA Canary pointed out, we will still be paying most of his wages wherever he goes until his contract expires. Good luck to you Jamie and sorry for the way you have been treated ay Norwich City. 

I didnt say Jamie was a leech, I said that for Wiz to call Bryan Gunn a leech when he got us relegated, you have to class Jamie in the same bracket i.e. they were both part of the team that took us down, and have earned a few quid. I dont actually think any of them are leeches, i was simply responding to wiz calling Bryan Gunn a leech.

"Arthur "I’m a daft racist pensioner" Whittle"]I didnt say Jamie was a leech, I said that for Wiz to call Bryan Gunn a leech when he got us relegated, you have to class Jamie in the same bracket i.e. they were both part of the team that took us down, and have earned a few quid. I dont actually think any of them are leeches, i was simply responding to wiz calling Bryan Gunn a leech."

Fair enough , but King Canary did !

[quote user="Panic Dem"]

"Arthur "I’m a daft racist pensioner" Whittle"]I didnt say Jamie was a leech, I said that for Wiz to call Bryan Gunn a leech when he got us relegated, you have to class Jamie in the same bracket i.e. they were both part of the team that took us down, and have earned a few quid. I dont actually think any of them are leeches, i was simply responding to wiz calling Bryan Gunn a leech."

[/quote]Again, no, he said exactly the same as what Arthur said. That in the context, Cureton is as much of a leech as Gunn was.King Canary has taken some stick for no reason in this thread, everything he says has been correct, if fairly obvious.

[quote user="JTG"][quote user="Panic Dem"]

[/quote]

Again, no, he said exactly the same as what Arthur said. That in the context, Cureton is as much of a leech as Gunn was.

King Canary has taken some stick for no reason in this thread, everything he says has been correct, if fairly obvious.
[/quote]

Oh yes he did !

(Blimey)

[/quote]

Again, no, he said exactly the same as what Arthur said. That in the context, Cureton is as much of a leech as Gunn was.

King Canary has taken some stick for no reason in this thread, everything he says has been correct, if fairly obvious.
[/quote]

At the end of the day, it was the ''sometimes'' idiotic First Wizard that threw his hat in the ring, got on his high horse without reading the context of the post and made something out of nothing.  I think 99% of people would agree that Curo had a good spell at the club, but for the benefit of NCFC its now best he moved on, i like to say the same for Paul McVeigh also.

[quote user="Panic Dem"][quote user="JTG"][quote user="Panic Dem"]

[/quote]Again, no, he said exactly the same as what Arthur said. That in the context, Cureton is as much of a leech as Gunn was.King Canary has taken some stick for no reason in this thread, everything he says has been correct, if fairly obvious.[/quote]

Oh my.

Oh yes he did !

(Blimey)

[/quote]

[quote user="Panic Dem"]When Cureton returned to Norwich he wasn''t given the opportunity of playing alongside tall, muscular front men such as those mentioned. Under Roeder JC hardly started a game and when he did, laughably he was played up front on his own with balls beong lofted to him from the back. Roeder''s tenure as Norwich manager resulted in JC''s confidence being completely undermined and he never had the opportunity since to regain it.[/quote]

Well, he played alongside Chris Brown, Dion Dublin, Ched Evans, Carl Cort, Grant Holt, and, er, Darel Russell (okay, scratch that last one). All of them, except possibly Evans who isn''t a target man as such, are the sort of player Cureton is supposed to thrive with. But without exception,  no matter who he played with, he had no pace, showed little awareness or work rate, and of course his scoring record wasn''t up to much either.

As for Roeder... well, okay, man management is hardly a strong point of his, granted - but he often didn''t play on his own. Maybe now and again which is daft but I think he got a fair crack at the whip, as he did under Grant, Gunn and even Lambert also. Roeder even made him captain on a couple of occasions which isn''t really the action of someone who had it in for him. But whoever he played under he proved ineffective by and large.

I know he was top scorer in the Championship for Colchester when he signed but the fact we paid so much for him, on a three-year contract was absurd. He might have scored 14 goals in his first season back and scored some really good ones too but it was obvious even then he wasn''t up to it - two brief bursts of form gave him a respectable tally but other than that he''s been a bit of waste of space to be honest. I have nothing against the guy at all, it''s a real shame it didn''t work out for him and I wish him luck at wherever he goes next but he''s never really been good enough for us.

[/quote]Again, no, he said exactly the same as what Arthur said. That in the context, Cureton is as much of a leech as Gunn was.King Canary has taken some stick for no reason in this thread, everything he says has been correct, if fairly obvious.[/quote]Cheers JTG. I dont think Cureton is a leech and neither is Gunn. Both were paid wages by the club for jobs that were, in all honesty beyond their capabilities.

This is how I''ll remember Jamie in happier times

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/ncfc5/Norwich%20City%20Pics/jamie.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]I know he''s come in for a lot of stick, but Lamberet obviously doesn''t see him having a future at Carrow Road, he is possibly our most highly paid players, to move him on will enable a further striker to come in?[/quote]

Very true!

Cureton is an honest tryer who was Norwich through and through but should now leave the club as he isn''t doing anything!