Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahan? Youlahan!

Stick your 2nd, we WILL win this league, and the maths proves it!

What a ridiculous thread! Leeds are 8 points better off than you lot with a game in hand and only lost one all season, yet you expect them to capitulate in the 2nd half of the season whilst you go unbeaten...

We''ve got our first 11 back now apart from the GK after a series of injuries to defenders, midfielders and front men. We have the depth of squad to sustain our run, do you?

Should Beckford leave Leeds have ear-marked Gary Hooper of Scunthorpe or Billy Sharpe or Sheff U to replace him.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"][quote user="Robert Ketts Yellow Army"]

I too believe Norwich will finish as champions. Leeds lack depth...

[/quote]

And we don''t?

[/quote]Er...no. Look at our bench. Cody, McNamee, Adeyemi, Hughes, Otsemobor, Rudd, Spillane, Gill, Tudor-Jones, Daley. All capable of stepping in and not affecting the quality of the team.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Legend Iwan"][quote user="Robert Ketts Yellow Army"]

I too believe Norwich will finish as champions. Leeds lack depth...

[/quote]

And we don''t?

[/quote]Er...no. Look at our bench. Cody, McNamee, Adeyemi, Hughes, Otsemobor, Rudd, Spillane, Gill, Tudor-Jones, Daley. All capable of stepping in and not affecting the quality of the team. [/quote]Interesting point, we have more quality on the bench than we have had in a long time. Though I wouldn''t like to see more than 1 or 2 of them having to be used at any one time!

Top is Lambo''s target, although I suspect this is to drive his team on to try to keep on winning. After all, it would probably be foolish to tell his team that they had achieved it all by reaching 2nd place in the table, it might allow complacency to creep in. I shall still be delighted if we finish 2nd this season, but still harbour a nasty pessimistic suspicion that we may finish 3rd - it keeps my feet on the ground and all that!

[quote user="Barclayman"]

Er...no. Look at our bench. Cody, McNamee, Adeyemi, Hughes, Otsemobor, Rudd, Spillane, Gill, Tudor-Jones, Daley. All capable of stepping in and not affecting the quality of the team.
[/quote]

So you believe if say players like Holt, Martin and Smith were all injured that we could still compete and win against Charlton and Leeds - I''m not so sure.

Of course this is all if''s and but''s, however, I personally do think that the quality of the team would be affected, although I am always pessimistic when it comes to Norwich FC.

We WILL NOT win this league.

Leeds are far too good and have to lose 3 games (4 if they win their game in hand) to give us any chance. I''m not saying we arent good enough NOW but the Colchester, Exter and Brentford games did a lot of damage. Heck I''m surprised we clawed Charlton back tbh!

Whats wrong with 2nd anyway?