Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahan? Youlahan!

Stick your 2nd, we WILL win this league, and the maths proves it!

I

reckon anyone who thinks we wont catch Leeds just needs to think about

the fact that we are 11 points behind them with 66 points to play for.Either

side could slip up, but Leeds have dropped four points in their last 6

games, meaning 14 from a potential 18, we have 18 from 18, and with 22

games to play, On current form we would take 21.96 (round up

to 22) points more than Leeds from our next 22 games, and thats if you

take Leeds'' game in hand as a win, meaning we would take approximately

66 points, Leeds will take approximately 52 based on the form guide for

the season, and so we will win the league:Norwich 112ptsLeeds 107pts.Using

the form table as a guide, no figure manipulation involved, the

projected totals may be a tad high but it shows that form puts us set

to overtake Leeds.Plus Beckford''s off after the United game. Easy.

I assume your signature says it all! Love the enthusiasm, but considering we are level with Charlton, practicaly level with Colchester, and an injury to Holt/Hoolahan away from having to completely alter our shape I wouldnt get carried away! But I think its definitely a possibility, and I would rather the players go out with the mindset of catching Leeds than looking over their shoulders at Charlton/Col U.

[quote user="Robert Ketts Yellow Army"]

I too believe Norwich will finish as champions. Leeds lack depth...

[/quote]

And we don''t?

The math proved we were headed for Division 4 earlier in the season, so I won''t put much faith in them now, either.  I expect we''ll make it, but not because of arithmatic. [:P][:D]

I think you are telling us that we will not lose a point if we win 22 consecutive games

If you are correct -we will win the league - OTBC

[quote user="Hoolahan Youlahan"]I reckon anyone who thinks we wont catch Leeds just needs to think about the fact that we are 11 points behind them with 66 points to play for.
Either side could slip up, but Leeds have dropped four points in their last 6 games, meaning 14 from a potential 18, we have 18 from 18, and with 22 games to play,

On current form we would take 21.96 (round up to 22) points more than Leeds from our next 22 games, and thats if you take Leeds'' game in hand as a win, meaning we would take approximately 66 points, Leeds will take approximately 52 based on the form guide for the season, and so we will win the league:

Norwich 112pts
Leeds 107pts.

Using the form table as a guide, no figure manipulation involved, the projected totals may be a tad high but it shows that form puts us set to overtake Leeds.

Plus Beckford''s off after the United game. Easy.
[/quote]i along with 25000+ would love to win the league, im just being realistic. if we win it then fantastic but i would bite your hand off for 2nd right now [:)]

Since he was appointed, Lambert has taken an excellent 47 points from 21 games. Unfortunately, since the same point, Leeds have taken 47 points from 20 games. On the bright side, we have outscored Leeds by four points over both clubs'' last 45 available, and three over both clubs'' last 33 available; but of course, PL had a few awkward fixtures early on, whereas Leeds'' (home to Charlton or away to Huddersfield, for example) came later.Even if we again outscore them by four points over both clubs'' next 45, we''ll remain on track to come up short of them. And conservatively, I''m just going to extrapolate the points/game ratios of the leading clubs since PL was appointed over the rest of the season - which''d leave us with a final table of:1. Leeds United 1102. Norwich City 973. Charlton Athletic 894. Colchester United 865. Swindon Town 816. Huddersfield Town 747. Millwall 698. MK Dons 699. Southampton 67Remember, Leeds beat us within the period covered above; so even if we beat them at CR, as I rather fancy we will, we''ll still end up 7 points adrift of them. The most important thing is we pull away in 2nd and make an automatic spot our own.

I would take into account ''Big Feller'' that Lambert had to hit the ground running this season whereas Grayson came into the Leeds set-up during the middle of last season so has had time to mould his team.

I believe Lamberts second half of the season points tally should be better than the first due to the changes he has made to the team/set-up.

What I definitely know is that it will be an interesting second half of the season.

[quote user="canaryfan68"]I would take into account ''Big Feller'' that Lambert had to hit the ground running this season whereas Grayson came into the Leeds set-up during the middle of last season so has had time to mould his team.

I believe Lamberts second half of the season points tally should be better than the first due to the changes he has made to the team/set-up.

What I definitely know is that it will be an interesting second half of the season.[/quote]Lambert''s second half tally will be better: in effect, I have us taking 52 points from our second 23 games of the season, after taking 45 in the first half of the campaign. Trouble is, Leeds are so efficient that it still won''t be enough. And yep, they might sell Beckford; but we could well sell players too, and they''ve got so much momentum behind them that I think they''ll sail on. They''ll be in for other players if they sell Beckford in any case.If Lambert had been in charge from the summer, it''d be a very close race between us and them. As it is, the points we lost early on make it almost inconceivable we can catch them IMO.

[quote user="thebigfeller"]Since he was appointed, Lambert has taken an excellent 47 points from 21 games. Unfortunately, since the same point, Leeds have taken 47 points from 20 games. On the bright side, we have outscored Leeds by four points over both clubs'' last 45 available, and three over both clubs'' last 33 available; but of course, PL had a few awkward fixtures early on, whereas Leeds'' (home to Charlton or away to Huddersfield, for example) came later.Even if we again outscore them by four points over both clubs'' next 45, we''ll remain on track to come up short of them. And conservatively, I''m just going to extrapolate the points/game ratios of the leading clubs since PL was appointed over the rest of the season - which''d leave us with a final table of:1. Leeds United 1102. Norwich City 973. Charlton Athletic 894. Colchester United 865. Swindon Town 816. Huddersfield Town 747. Millwall 698. MK Dons 699. Southampton 67Remember, Leeds beat us within the period covered above; so even if we beat them at CR, as I rather fancy we will, we''ll still end up 7 points adrift of them. The most important thing is we pull away in 2nd and make an automatic spot our own.[/quote]Yeah, but it''d be 50 for us, and 44 for leeds, had we got what we deserved at Elland Road. [:@]

I can''t see many teams beating us again this season, and there''s not a single team (Leeds included) I wouldn''t back us to beat at home. In fact I can see us being unbeaten for the rest of the campaign if we get a bit of luck.

We should be aiming to break the 90 points barrier (42 points from the final 22 games, equivalent of 14 wins) to start with.

Leeds are 8 ahead with a game in hand, so will be looking for a minimum of 100 points overall (44 points from 23 games needed for that, effectively 15 wins). I don''t think they will repeat the 56-point haul of the first half of the season due to harder fixtures. I expect them to finish pretty much 100 points flat.

It''s a big challenge, but 52 points (to take us to 100 as well) is not impossible. We''ve just got to look to win every single game, as I believe we will start slicing away Leeds'' advantage soon enough.

All that said and done, I''d be suprised if Leeds and Norwich weren''t a considerable distance ahead of everyone else come May.

Isn''t it lovely to hear the crowd chanting "Up the table we will go!" on the radio. The sheer excitment of it all as the goal is scored. Much better than the "Archers".

What an absolute Joke of a topic with wrong stats I might add.!!! Norwich have gained 2 points on Leeds on current form (from last 6) but zero points on the six games before that. So in 12 games you have caught up by 3 points. So if we are going by stats then it would take you around 24 games to overtake us and grab top spot.

I wouldn''t worry though I hate to say it but I think you are are in a good position for one of the top 2 spots this season,although you are not quite breaking away as Leeds have done. All depends on what Charlton do in the window.

Im not sure if Beckford will go.In anycase he will be replaced by a good striker and since we dont have to rely on one person anymore Im confident a replacement plus our scoring midfield and best defence in the league (which will be the key) will keep Leeds driving on to the finishing line,more than Likely before the Charlton away game which will be our penultimate game anyway!!

[quote user="spainboy"]I meant to say 3 points (not 2)[/quote]

I think it''s safe to say, lets see what the window brings, or in your case takes away, I''m willing to bet that Bates will not be able to resist the great big bags of dosh for your Beckford and co, So don''t start singing yet, 

[quote user="Hoolahan Youlahan"]I reckon anyone who thinks we wont catch Leeds just needs to think about the fact that we are 11 points behind them with 66 points to play for.
Either side could slip up, but Leeds have dropped four points in their last 6 games, meaning 14 from a potential 18, we have 18 from 18, and with 22 games to play,

On current form we would take 21.96 (round up to 22) points more than Leeds from our next 22 games, and thats if you take Leeds'' game in hand as a win, meaning we would take approximately 66 points, Leeds will take approximately 52 based on the form guide for the season, and so we will win the league:

Norwich 112pts
Leeds 107pts.

Using the form table as a guide, no figure manipulation involved, the projected totals may be a tad high but it shows that form puts us set to overtake Leeds.

Plus Beckford''s off after the United game. Easy.
[/quote]

we have nothing to fear in this league and your post is excellent!

Leeds were no better than us in October and won by a mistake, we wont lose again this season.... im willing to bet they will...

Here is what spainboy has said on a Charlton forum:

spainboy

"It´s getting worrying for us (Leeds) that Norwich have come right up to 2nd place however to be fair they have only gained about 3 points from us in the last 18 games and they would need to gain quite a bit now. Leeds have only lost one game and losing Beckford wont be a massive concern. Leeds have the best defence in the league,as did Leicester last season but were not the highest scorers. From a Leeds point of view our defence is our key,even when Kisnourbo and Naylor have been out we have been solid and still only leaked 13 goals. Beckford is not the match winner like he was last season.

I hope you beat Norwich for an automatic spot. I have never trusted Leeds in the last 2 years but I do have this gut feeling that one spot will be taken by us, mainly (like I said) because of lack of goals we have conceded. By our 10th game last season we had conceded more.

Good luck!!"

I think he may have contridicted himself, not sure though. spainboy, why don''t you want us to go up in second?

I feel like Columbo!!

[quote user="Darren Lamb.... Agent"]Here is what spainboy has said on a Charlton forum:

spainboy

"It´s getting worrying for us (Leeds) that Norwich have come right up to 2nd place however to be fair they have only gained about 3 points from us in the last 18 games and they would need to gain quite a bit now. Leeds have only lost one game and losing Beckford wont be a massive concern. Leeds have the best defence in the league,as did Leicester last season but were not the highest scorers. From a Leeds point of view our defence is our key,even when Kisnourbo and Naylor have been out we have been solid and still only leaked 13 goals. Beckford is not the match winner like he was last season.

I hope you beat Norwich for an automatic spot. I have never trusted Leeds in the last 2 years but I do have this gut feeling that one spot will be taken by us, mainly (like I said) because of lack of goals we have conceded. By our 10th game last season we had conceded more.

Good luck!!"

I think he may have contridicted himself, not sure though. spainboy, why don''t you want us to go up in second?

I feel like Columbo!![/quote]Lol, he is a two faced git.

Here is a link to the thread, it''s on the bottom of page 2.

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=31453&page=2

[quote user="Darren Lamb.... Agent"]Here is a link to the thread, it''s on the bottom of page 2.

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=31453&page=2[/quote]Bump, just for Spain boy.

Apologises if already mentioned, but Leeds also have round 4 of Cup, and 2 games in JPT to get to Wembley final!

And they also have extra game in league - prefer points in bag.

We only have league games left now - so quite pleased to focus on that!

Leeds look pretty relentless at the moment, I see no reason as to why they would suddenly stat dropping points. If they win their game in hand (against Swindon I think so not a forgone conclusion), they may be 11 points ahead of us. Thats not something they look like dropping. Yes they may have cup matches to attend, but these are played on weekends when other League One teams also have cup matches.

Colchester are a big concern as they have not relinquished their hold on our tails, and Swindon are creeping in the backdoor. Charlton are on a slip but have too much talent to fall out of the race. Huddersfield are losing their grip but their home form may keep them in with a shout. I think the rest can hope at best for a play-off spot.

I wish you''d all stop getting so carried about wether we will or not catch Leeds. I personally think its very unlikely, but I would be extatic with 2nd. Promotion is key, not champions.