Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

NCFC Club Shop - Division 3 Club With Premiership Prices!!!

[quote user="ricardo"]

Cmon Arthur, you just like arguing about nothing. Who bloody cares if its overpriced? If people are mug enough to pay 15 quid to watch that poxy season then they are gluttons for punishment.

I nearly always buy a season video but didn''t bother this Christmas as I wanted to enjoy myself not wallow in that load of tripe we had to endure last year.

If it was 15p I still wouldn''t buy one. Think yourself lucky that they managed to save you 15 quid.

[/quote]

I cared Ricardo, beating scum, hammering the gold scum, Roeder sacked, stuffing Barnsly, all worth replaying, and sometimes history is ugly, but that doen''t mean we shoulde hide it away.........

Now youre just trying to wind me up Arthur.

Gotta be worth £19.99 to see all those goals again and will probably include footage of the open top bus ride and celebrations outside City Hall.

Can''t wait for it. think I''ll put my order in now.

LOL.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ricardo"]

Cmon Arthur, you just like arguing about nothing. Who bloody cares if its overpriced? If people are mug enough to pay 15 quid to watch that poxy season then they are gluttons for punishment.

I nearly always buy a season video but didn''t bother this Christmas as I wanted to enjoy myself not wallow in that load of tripe we had to endure last year.

If it was 15p I still wouldn''t buy one. Think yourself lucky that they managed to save you 15 quid.

[/quote]

I cared Ricardo, beating scum, hammering the gold scum, Roeder sacked, stuffing Barnsly, all worth replaying, and sometimes history is ugly, but that doen''t mean we shoulde hide it away.........

[/quote]

Each to their own Wiz.

I nearly chucked myself off Trowse bridge the first time, couldn''t sit through it again.

[quote user="Arthur "I’m a daft racist pensioner" Whittle"]Nutty, its cop out after cop out with you mate...compare our prices with other clubs in our league...you dont seem to appreciate the fact that we are in the same League as hartlepool and also look up Scunthorpe and Doncaster who play at a higher standard yet prices are lower. Explain that or spin master!!!

As for matchday mascots being charged £200 it takes the p;ss and you know i think that i want to know what YOU yes YOU think!!! When my boy was younger he had a couple of games as mascot and it was FREE yes FREE!!!!

There has been a list as long as your arm for the kids to be mascots and if it was not for people like you who send there kids more then once then other kids could have gone for free too! as for the whole DVD issue maybe if you even go to the games why dont you take your own camcorder with you then you could reel off your own ones and sell them on ebay too all the tightarse people like yourself! I am surprised you are not moaning about the broadband prices!

Errrrrrr highland lass....im 72!!! Im going back years, my sons 1st mascot day was when he was 6 and then again on his 15th birthday.....as for the games, I am in fact a season ticket holder and have been for years, and have been putting money into this club for over 50 years when they were in the old division 3 south...so maybe you should reconstuct your last comment and come back when you make some sense.

Dear me, i might talked some sh;te after a few and everyone has the right to talk crap now and again but this Higland lass brass is just taking the p;ss!!!

Do they sell bottled water at the concessions?  I guarentee the mark up from production cost to consumer price beats anything the DVD in question does. Biggest rip off but if people are willing to pay for it, let ''em. I''ll take a sip from the fountain.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]The meal deal at Carrow road.....disgusting, absoloutly disgusting!!![/quote]Have you gone a bit mental Arthur?

I drove to Dundee in my bare feet and watched Shrek at the local cinema and binged on Toblerones..and not the normal size, im talking the medium size!!!

That not mental is it???

[quote user="Arthur "I’m a daft racist pensioner" Whittle"]I drove to Dundee in my bare feet and watched Shrek at the local cinema and binged on Toblerones..and not the normal size, im talking the medium size!!! That not mental is it/quote]

Arthur, are you sure you''re not getting muddled again, meaning to say "almost topped yourself on binges."

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Also what about my Zulu dvd question?

A classic film that can be purchased for a mere £4.99......did zulu cost less to make than NCFC dvds then Chops?[/quote]I''m amazed you give this film house room, Arthur.  Did you know that all the black tribesmen in Zulu worked on the film for absolutely nothing, and instead of being paid for their work they all agreed that the Director could have a lottery at the end and fifty of the tribesmen would be shipped back to the UK as illegal immigrants to start a new life in a country of plenty?  Even worse, some of them took council houses, jobs and (whisper this) British women? I can also buy the Lord of the Rings box set for £10, though I don''t think we let any Hobbits settle in the UK apart from maybe Paul McVeigh.  I''m fairly sure LotR cost more to make than the NCFC DVD.  Actually, thinking about it, you''re right, Arthur.  It''s a goddamn shambles of a rip off and the club are shamelessly exploiting their loyal supporters for every penny they can squeeze out of the poor buggers.  I have a suggestion I''ll float by you.  Every area of the stand has its own gift shop, only accessible on production of a season ticket and a form of photographic ID.  The pricing varies from stand to stand to reflect the various social and economic profiles.What does this mean?, I hear you bleat.  Well, think of this.  End of Season DVD - £5.99 Barclay, £19.99 Geoffrey Watling Infill (plus complementary coffee and biscuit)Neil Doncaster Dartboard - £8.99 Barclay onlyNeil Doncaster Clay Pigeons - £19.99 Jarrold Stand onlyI think you''ll agree this resolves all problems.  From each according to their ability to each according to their need, and all that.  Kier Hardie would be proud of you, Arthur, but not nearly as proud as I am. [B]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Arthur Im a daft racist pensioner Whittle"]Awwwwww F''cough!!![/quote]

[/quote]

that hand has been superimposed on surely! its bigger than that womans head!!!!! it also looks like a mans hand.

back on topic, the club shop is a mega disapointment.. you need to take just 1 trip a season and you have seen everything. they should bring in new lines 4 or 5 times a season to attract people in the shop regularly.

I''ll also probably get lambasted for this but is there really any need for the shop at the ground? its open every day and if you go there on none match days theres never anyone there, the staff look fed up and surely this is a cost the club could do without. 2 lots of stock, the over heads, electricity etc.. move thet staff to the mall and close the shop at carrow road to save the club money... either that or just have a few items in there and open it match days only.

What you have all missed in your arguments about the dvd costs - is paying the people who take the time to put put the thing together.

Yes they may only cost a few pence to produce but the time involved in putting it together is not a 5 min job.

I am sure that the print run for a poor season is 500, and for a good season 2000-3000. We are not dealing with big numbers are we so I doubt the club are cleaning up, just providing a service for fans who like a visual record of the games they have been to.

I am sure they would close one if it was not profitable. Lets not wish everything away!

[quote user="Ren"]What you have all missed in your arguments about the dvd costs - is paying the people who take the time to put put the thing together.

Yes they may only cost a few pence to produce but the time involved in putting it together is not a 5 min job.

I am sure that the print run for a poor season is 500, and for a good season 2000-3000. We are not dealing with big numbers are we so I doubt the club are cleaning up, just providing a service for fans who like a visual record of the games they have been to.[/quote]

And that''s without factorting in the cost of transport...staff wages in the shop...overheads...etc

taking away everything read on this thread, it seems to have gone off on just bashing each other then getting down to discussing what the topic was about.

not every DVD bought from places like HMV is cheap. I got a lovely Christmas Pressie from my wife of Watchmen on DVD now this was the limited release exclusive to HMV DVD they charged 21.99 i know this as she forgot to take the price off, they can sell it at that because of there exclusive rights and they know people will pay it. same with canary store, they will sell it at the price they know will sell at, is it fair no its not but is there anything a individual can do about it no, the only way things ever drop in price is if they dont sell at the price listed.

as a working class person myself, the only time i would take my son on a mascot day would be a special birthday, say his tenth and maybe his 16th but at £200 i couldnt afford to do it willy nilly but could if its a special occasion. as everyone knows if your child wants it and its a special occasion you try and find a way.

supply and demand yeah ok, it works, if its supply at a price and demand is there for that price why change the price.

is it fair to make unfair profits, but is the club making unfair profits, the club itself has to make money to stay afloat, if they were making millions of pounds profit in there pockets after expenditure of the club then of course, but as we all know the club isnt making huge profits, thats why were in the position were in,

if you want to compare prices of many clubs you have to compare the clubs if similar standing,

ie , theres only four clubs in league 1 that you can compare to Norwich, Leeds, Charlton, and Southampton, why these four clubs, because of there fan base and facilties, do yeovil and exeter etc sell out, no ffs we take more fans away with us then they have turn up to home games.

do you think wigan and hull charge the same for things as Man u and arsenal and liverpool, no they dont because theres a difference in club and popularity,

people pay for these things because with certain clubs thats what happens

manufacturing cost and profits have nothing to do with it,

its simple we pay these prices because we have to if we want to support our club

remember its more fashionable to support the canaries then it is to support wycombe and yeovil,

my son wont get picked on for supporting City as much as he would if he supported yeovil etc

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Out of curiousity would we have to pay for the rights to use the footage? And if so then who do we pay?
[/quote]

That''s a good question. How many times do you hear players and managers saying that they have watched DVDs of the upcoming opposition? Those DVDs would have to be quite recent and fairly comprehensive to be of any use. Is there a company (apart from Sky, ITV and the Beeb) who go around making videos of every game? And if so where can I get my hands on them?

gsr600, I think Citys relegation dvd cost less tan Watchmen to make dont you...hence the £21.99 price...which is too much for an overated film...you see im not just a moaner, i have a keen intrest in films, comedy and music.

i completely agree with your original moan arthur, normally i wouldnt of paid for it, but i enjoyed the film and it was a pressie lol, i think the cost is to much and would rather see it lowered but i also have to agree that i think were in line with the four clubs who matter in this league price wise, were paying the price for being a club with premiership facilities, its just a pity were a premiership club with league 1 quality.

would we sell any more dvds or scalves if the price was lowered, probably not as theres only so many true fans that would buy them,