Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

NCFC Club Shop - Division 3 Club With Premiership Prices!!!

[quote user="Arthur Im a daft racist pensionerWhittle"]Nutty, its cop out after cop out with you mate...compare our prices with other clubs in our league...you dont seem to appreciate the fact that we are in the same League as hartlepool and also look up Scunthorpe and Doncaster who play at a higher standard yet prices are lower. Explain that or spin master!!! As for matchday mascots being charged £200 it takes the p;ss and you know i think that i want to know what YOU yes YOU think!!! When my boy was younger he had a couple of games as mascot and it was FREE yes FREE!!!! And you will find that some premiership yes i said PREMIERSHIP clubs have FREE mascots so explain how our board get away with charging 200 bloody notes!!! Dont dodge this, what do you honestly think, without your usual spin crap this time please. Now then Chops, all I will say is that if people cant buy something anywhere else they have no choice but to pay that price, if kids want something, reluctentlythe parents have to pay it like it or not.[/quote]

When my boy was mascot it was first division. But that was in the days of Robert Chase before he was hounded out for Delia. Now I''m afraid we''re paying the price old boy. We''re slumming it in Division Three with the likes of Hartlepool, Exeter and Yeovil and charging 200 quid for a kid to be mascot. Of course Big Bob wasn''t wanted around these parts so we Chased him out of town and welcomed Delia with open arms. Out of the frying pan and into the fire springs to mind[:S] But then it seems a recurring theme for the hot-heads[:@] around here. Grant for Worthy was another masterstroke and the latest gem was Nelly for the Doc but luckily, despite a lot of folks very best efforts, Ginger Pele never left the building.

When you "went compare" with other clubs for these mascot package prices did you consider what the various packages contained?

When you are sober you can do your own research but Millwall, Orient, Colchester are just three that charge between £200-250.  Southend charge £235 but that does include a pre match warm up with Sammy the Shrimp and Elvis J. Eel.

Charlton charge up to £250, Hartlepool charge £199, Walsall £250.  All plus VAT.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Are they bollox cam, now sod off and give us extra tickets!!![/quote]Col Who charge £245 + VAT making them possibly the dearest in this division which is surprising because I had the impression they weren''t particularly stretched for cash and could even afford to turn away ticket sales. Still it''s quite a good package they offer for the money including:- VIP tickets and access to the Layer Suite for 2 adults and 2 children.Anybody desperate for a ticket to Col Who vs Norwich? [6]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Nutty Nigel instead of spending your hours drooling over Delia and find me another League One club that charges you £200 to be the matchday mascot.[/quote]I think we''d all have a whip-round for the £200 to see Nutty trotting out there on the pitch.......

Stop me if I''m over simplefying this but doesn''t the cost of producing a DVD add up to pretty much the same regardless of what division you are in?Same argument for scarf and mug production.

Before i have another drink and say something I will regret can someone please answer this question without any spin or turd spilling out of their mouth answers.

How does a League One club that used to allow free mascots now charge £200 for a League one division 3 game, when even some Premiership clubs have them for free?

Please a simple answer as im half cut now and may get end up getting myself banned.

Because times are hard, TV revenue isn''t what it used to be in the

lower leagues and they need to milk every penny they can out of us.

Premiership clubs have masses of cash from Sky.That do?

[quote user="Arthur Im a daft racist pensioner Whittle"]Before i have another drink and say something I will regret can someone please answer this question without any spin or turd spilling out of their mouth answers. How does a League One club that used to allow free mascots now charge £200 for a League one division 3 game, when even some Premiership clubs have them for free? Please a simple answer as im half cut now and may get end up getting myself banned.[/quote]

Get it down yer Shandy Boy[B]

What is the difference between the Mascot Package at Carrow Road and that at Hartlepool?

Which Premier Club does it for free and what''s included?

Stick to the barmaid''s apron you''re not as young as you used to be[:O]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Nutty Nigel instead of spending your hours drooling over Delia and find me another League One club that charges you £200 to be the matchday mascot.[/quote]I think we''d all have a whip-round for the £200 to see Nutty trotting out there on the pitch.......[/quote]He did a few weeks back,did you not see him? Were you not there?

Careful now Shandy Boy[B]

Talking about mascot, do you remember Mascot Coaches? Away games back in the 70''s when Ron Saunders was manager. In those days under the guidance of the great Geoffrey Watling  " Pwoppa Gwarse Woots fans'''' only paid a few shillings to travel on these cream and maroon luxury vehicles. Unlike the fortune it costs the "happy cappy jester hat wearing Deliarites" to go on Cabbage under Smith[:@]

Oh the good old days[S] Will we ever see their like again[:^)]

Gissa sniff of her apron Arthur[+o(]

[quote user="Arthur Im a daft racist pensioner Whittle"]Awwwwww F''cough!!![/quote]

She said you can f''cough because you''ll pretend you don''t know her in the morning Shandy Boy....

doesn`t the mascot package include a full home kit and a couple of tickets for family members ? well thats £100 for  starters , so it isn`t so bad when broken down like that  [:D]

This is a classic. I haven''t laughed as much in years. Can someone tell me what nutty has done wrong, though? And surely most items in the club shop can be bought elsewhere anyway and not always much cheaper either. i''d rather buy stuff from the club... what''s the point in "supporting" your club but not actually supporting it.

Nutty even though I was very drunk and dont even understand half the messages I left last night, you still skipped the issue of how can a League One club justify £200 for a matchday mascot....c''mon mate, im waiting.

[quote user="Arthur Im a daft racist pensioner Whittle"]I know things are going well in division 3...sorry League One, for NCFC but still the club manages to get my goat up. This time its the club shop. For christmas shopping i was looking for the odd NCFC item for the family and was absoloutly disgusted at the prices. £18 for a dvd being just 1 example. Ridiculous, when you consdier that you can buy zulu, Italian Job and get carter together all for under a tenner!!! We are a division 3 club {thanks Delia - and no I wont forget even if we do get promoted} with club shop prices of a premiership club...why? Im disgusted the club is still treating fans in this shoddy way. And while we are on the subject of the club shop i dont appreciate Delia Smith merchandise being shoved in my fave such as Delia, Chef hats, Cook books, aprons etc. If I went to the chelsea club shop would i have oil shoved in my face? If i went to the qpr club shop would i have forumla one shoved in my face? No! So get your act together Delia and realise this isnt YOUR club shop but NCFCs and we dont deserve premiership prices considering we are in the old division 3. First rant of 2010 over OTBC!!![/quote]

All ''limited appeal'' DVD''s are expensive Arthur, jusk ask train spotters!

The relegation dvd I got for Christmas, whilst depressing at time, is bloody good value imo.

[quote user="Arthur Wibble"]Nutty even though I was very drunk and dont even understand half the messages I left last night, you still skipped the issue of how can a League One club justify £200 for a matchday mascot....c''mon mate, im waiting.[/quote]Okay, Arthur.  You''re running the football club.  What would you charge for a matchday mascot package?

Free chops, like it used to be, encourage the kids and all that. No offence to the working classes but how is a family from say malpit going to afford £200 for 1 match? They cant, like the old days let them have a free day out, they then come back for more. At the moment only a middle class kid is likely to be able to afford it. You need to respect all classes.

Being the mascot used to be a treat, now it goes to the highest bidder.

Wiz, you baffle me, you think £18 for a relegation dvd is good value? You chop and change more than a chopy changey thing.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Free chops, like it used to be, encourage the kids and all that. No offence to the working classes but how is a family from say malpit going to afford £200 for 1 match? They cant, like the old days let them have a free day out, they then come back for more. At the moment only a middle class kid is likely to be able to afford it. You need to respect all classes.

Being the mascot used to be a treat, now it goes to the highest bidder.

Wiz, you baffle me, you think £18 for a relegation dvd is good value? You chop and change more than a chopy changey thing.[/quote]So "kids for a quid" and under 12 ticket pricing isn''t encouraging the kids?  I don''t really understand where you are going with this, particularly as we all know the club is skint and needs to raise money any which way it can.

Yes I know we do kids for a quid and credit where it is due. What im saying is no kid from a working class background has a chance of being matchday mascot at £200 for the day. If say their dad earns £40 a day, is he really going to spend £200 on a special day for his son?

Its only going to be big posh sods with plums in their mouths.

One thing I will point out with kids for a quid is that they have an adult with them paying adult prices, but I will give the club credit for this scheme.....even though kids got in free for some games in my day....lol.

[quote user="Arthur Ive gotta hangover Whittle"]Nutty even though I was very drunk and dont even understand half the messages I left last night, you still skipped the issue of how can a League One club justify £200 for a matchday mascot....c''mon mate, im waiting.[/quote]

V

Go compare Arthur.

Now how do they justify it?

I have no idea. I would think if it''s sold out then it''s justified. If there''s a waiting list then it could be too cheap?

How do I justify it? Well I don''t have to. I won''t be having a go either. With five grandchildren and my sense of fairness it would cost me a grand which is too much for my modest Marlpit budget.

Out of interest, which Prem clubs are free and what do the kids get? I could be tempted to jump ship to give the kids a treat.

Happy New Year Shandy Boy[H]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]One thing I will point out with kids for a quid is that they have an adult with them paying adult prices, but I will give the club credit for this scheme.....even though kids got in free for some games in my day....lol.[/quote]Our family were poor when I grew up, and we used to turn up at the big old River End iron gate at half time - the steward would let us in and we watched the second half from what is now the "Family Stand" corner infill.  I saw some cracking second halves in the 1983-4 and 84-5 season :-)

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]One thing I will point out with kids for a quid is that they have an adult with them paying adult prices, but I will give the club credit for this scheme.....even though kids got in free for some games in my day....lol.[/quote]

Our family were poor when I grew up, and we used to turn up at the big old River End iron gate at half time - the steward would let us in and we watched the second half from what is now the "Family Stand" corner infill.  I saw some cracking second halves in the 1983-4 and 84-5 season :-)

[/quote]

You were lucky!!!

We used to have to peep through the iron gates and if we lost our mum and dad used to beat us around the head with a broken bottle[:''(]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]One thing I will point out with kids for a quid is that they have an adult with them paying adult prices, but I will give the club credit for this scheme.....even though kids got in free for some games in my day....lol.[/quote]Our family were poor when I grew up, and we used to turn up at the big old River End iron gate at half time - the steward would let us in and we watched the second half from what is now the "Family Stand" corner infill.  I saw some cracking second halves in the 1983-4 and 84-5 season :-)[/quote]

You were lucky!!!

We used to have to peep through the iron gates and if we lost our mum and dad used to beat us around the head with a broken bottle[:''(]

[/quote]

Did you like your Christmas present this year, Nutty? It took me ages to wrap up, you''d think they could make coal in perfectly square lumps these days [:@]

[quote user="Arthur "I’m a daft racist pensioner" Whittle"]Free chops, like it used to be, encourage the kids and all that. No offence to the working classes but how is a family from say malpit going to afford £200 for 1 match? They cant, like the old days let them have a free day out, they then come back for more. At the moment only a middle class kid is likely to be able to afford it. You need to respect all classes. Being the mascot used to be a treat, now it goes to the highest bidder. Wiz, you baffle me, you think £18 for a relegation dvd is good value? You chop and change more than a chopy changey thing.[/quote]

Yes, because I said it was a limited appeal dvd.....................and you can''t hide history Arthur.........nor should you even try!