Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

NCFC Club Shop - Division 3 Club With Premiership Prices!!!

I know things are going well in division 3...sorry League One, for NCFC but still the club manages to get my goat up.

This time its the club shop.

For christmas shopping i was looking for the odd NCFC item for the family and was absoloutly disgusted at the prices.

£18 for a dvd being just 1 example. Ridiculous, when you consdier that you can buy zulu, Italian Job and get carter together all for under a tenner!!!

We are a division 3 club {thanks Delia - and no I wont forget even if we do get promoted} with club shop prices of a premiership club...why? Im disgusted the club is still treating fans in this shoddy way.

And while we are on the subject of the club shop i dont appreciate Delia Smith merchandise being shoved in my fave such as Delia, Chef hats, Cook books, aprons etc. If I went to the chelsea club shop would i have oil shoved in my face? If i went to the qpr club shop would i have forumla one shoved in my face? No!

So get your act together Delia and realise this isnt YOUR club shop but NCFCs and we dont deserve premiership prices considering we are in the old division 3.

First rant of 2010 over OTBC!!!

[quote user="Arthur Im a daft racist pensioner Whittle"]

£18 for a dvd being just 1 example. Ridiculous, when you consdier that you can buy zulu, Italian Job and get carter together all for under a tenner!!![/quote]And you can get "What was wrong with Apartheid?" and "The Black and White Minstrel Show" for a fiver!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Arthur Im a daft racist pensioner Whittle"]Love thy Neighbour for £3.99 nearly 3 hours of comic genius, and in no way racist. Pc gone bloody mad.[/quote][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:$]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6jZFZNeOF03 minutes, 36 seconds....[/quote]I was just thinking of that exact thing. Chris Morris is a genius

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Arthur Im a daft racist pensioner Whittle"]Love thy Neighbour for £3.99 nearly 3 hours of comic genius, and in no way racist. Pc gone bloody mad.[/quote][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:$]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6jZFZNeOF03 minutes, 36 seconds....[/quote]I was just thinking of that exact thing. Chris Morris is a genius[/quote]Ever heard this?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SPWgodul_E&feature=related

That''s the joy of having la de da "supporters" with deep pockets....

Mummy and Daddy will buy the crap no matter what the cost......

Also Brass Eye...Nonce sense!!!

I have a wide range of comedy going back decades but love a lot of recent stuff, by the likes of Steve coogan, Larry Davids Curb Your Enthsiasm, Peep Show, but also the classics like Love Thy Neighbour, Likely Lads, Porridge and Fawlty Towers etc.

What is a waldorf anyway? A walnut thats gone off?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Arthur Im a daft racist pensioner Whittle"]Love thy Neighbour for £3.99 nearly 3 hours of comic genius, and in no way racist. Pc gone bloody mad.[/quote][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:$]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6jZFZNeOF03 minutes, 36 seconds....[/quote]I was just thinking of that exact thing. Chris Morris is a genius[/quote]Ever heard this?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SPWgodul_E&feature=related[/quote]Yes! That is amazing.Getting back to the point about the price of DVDs in the NCFC shop. Yes they are expensive but they have a corner on the market, if you want to see a DVD about NCFC then you have no choice but to pay it and with a fairly limited audience it is unlikely people will find it on torrent shops, not to mention the comparative costs of producing a few hundred DVDs and the tens of thousands of DVD film companies will produce allow for economies of scale to come into play. In interest have you compares the prices of Norwich stuff to other League 1 clubs? Is there a huge gulf in prices?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

In interest have you compares the prices of Norwich stuff to other League 1 clubs? Is there a huge gulf in prices?
[/quote]

Now that''s a good point but that''s not how it works I''m afraid. And even if the price of Norwich stuff compares favourably with other clubs it''s not good enough. Norwich stuff should be cheaper to compensate for the fact our owner staggered onto the pitch in a drunken state and said "Let''s Be ''Avin'' You" 5 years ago [:''(]

Nutty Nigel instead of spending your hours drooling over Delia and find me another League One club that charges you £200 to be the matchday mascot?

I took the time to look at other clubs online shops such as harlepool, Yeovil and Exeter and found us to be charging a lot more, that is a fact, and one you cannot twist and turn your way out of.

Cant wait for your response.......

Yes and they''ll all be renewing as fast as they can, probably as early as next month, without a thought for all those "pwoppa Gwarse woots fans" who can''t get tickets[:@]

[quote user="Arthur Im a daft racist pensioner Whittle"]Nutty Nigel instead of spending your hours drooling over Delia and find me another League One club that charges you £200 to be the matchday mascot? I took the time to look at other clubs online shops such as harlepool, Yeovil and Exeter and found us to be charging a lot more, that is a fact, and one you cannot twist and turn your way out of. Cant wait for your response.......[/quote]

Well I suggest you stop being so stupid and "go compare" to comparable League One clubs.

Unless of course hartlepool, Yeovil and Exeter are the height of your ambition? Have you actually been in their shops old boy? If you did maybe you''d understand[*-)]

What a cop out Nutty!!! Thats crap even for you!!!

You idiot, wake up and realise we are in the same bloody league as them you fool and that was the questionl!!! Oh hang on there was your little worming your way out of the question I said you would do. If you take the time to look at the league we are in you will see we are in the same league as Brentford, Hartlepool, Exeter, Wycombe, Swindon, etc etc, theres no way of a cop out of that question. We are in this league so answer the bloody question.

The question was are we charging as much as other league one clubs...I looked around on the internet and found we were charging more...we are a league one club...has it not sunk in yet nutty or are you delibretly being obtuse???

Answer me this, do you think it fair game for a LEAGUE ONE club to charge £200 to be matchday mascot? Please answer ive got to hear this.

Now remember before you start your twisting and turning, we are a League One club...straight answer please if that is possible with you.

[quote user="Arthur Im a daft racist pensioner Whittle"]What a cop out Nutty!!! Thats crap even for you!!!

You idiot, wake up and realise we are in the same bloody league as them you fool and that was the questionl!!! Oh hang on there was your little worming your way out of the question I said you would do. If you take the time to look at the league we are in you will see we are in the same league as Brentford, Hartlepool, Exeter, Wycombe, Swindon, etc etc, theres no way of a cop out of that question. We are in this league so answer the bloody question.

The question was are we charging as much as other league one clubs...I looked around on the internet and found we were charging more...we are a league one club...has it not sunk in yet nutty or are you delibretly being obtuse???

Answer me this, do you think it fair game for a LEAGUE ONE club to charge £200 to be matchday mascot? Please answer ive got to hear this.

Now remember before you start your twisting and turning, we are a League One club...straight answer please if that is possible with you.[/quote]But Arthur, it''s supply and demand, and the league we are in has nothing to do with it.  If people wouldn''t pay the £200 then the club would lower their prices.  If people would willingly pay £500, the club would put their prices up.  It''s good business.And if we were charging £50, you''d be moaning at how cheap it is and that it shows our lack of ambition...

Do you really think I would moan if the prices were low??? Baffling!!!

We have to remember we ARE a 3rd tier club like it or not!!!

Still thats darling Delias regime taking us back 50 years eh mate.

So nutty is it fair to charge £200 for a kid to be matchday mascot in League one???

Also Chops people are paying that price because they have no other bloody option, you cant go on another clubs website and buy NCFC merchandise can you.

They have the monopoly over the merchandise pricing and are taking the p;ss!!!

Have you been let on the beer again Arthur[B]

Go compare with comparable clubs. How do our prices compare with Charlton, Leeds or Southampton?

I''m glad you''re not my grandad[Y]

"Now look sonny, I wanted to buy you a Norwich Calendar but they were eight quid so you got the hartlepool one that''s £5.99. It''s last year''s but Nellie''s on it"

"Thanks Grandad"

Got no idea about mascots. What do you think?

[quote user="Arthur Im a daft racist pensioner Whittle"]Also Chops people are paying that price because they have no other bloody option, you cant go on another clubs website and buy NCFC merchandise can you.

They have the monopoly over the merchandise pricing and are taking the p;ss!!![/quote]Well, if everyone thought that then nobody would buy it, and there would be no matchday mascots.  So I guess people are happy to pay the price, and as the money helps keep the club afloat I''m not entirely sure why you''re moaning... is it because McNamee is black?

Our prices are comparable with Charlton and Leeds, clubs we have more in common with than Hartlepool and Exeter. At the end of the day if everything is over priced people won''t buy it. Like when Man U kept bringing out new shirts or three kits, the fans stopped buying the new ones and the club soon stopped.It is the job of the marketing and merchandising bits of NCFC to make as much money as possible, like it or not Football Clubs are businesses and they are going to price items at the optimum levels to maximize profits. If you don''t like it, don''t spend any money on it--simple as that really. Some people will complain about anything...

Nutty, its cop out after cop out with you mate...compare our prices with other clubs in our league...you dont seem to appreciate the fact that we are in the same League as hartlepool and also look up Scunthorpe and Doncaster who play at a higher standard yet prices are lower. Explain that or spin master!!!

As for matchday mascots being charged £200 it takes the p;ss and you know i think that i want to know what YOU yes YOU think!!! When my boy was younger he had a couple of games as mascot and it was FREE yes FREE!!!! And you will find that some premiership yes i said PREMIERSHIP clubs have FREE mascots so explain how our board get away with charging 200 bloody notes!!! Dont dodge this, what do you honestly think, without your usual spin crap this time please.

Now then Chops, all I will say is that if people cant buy something anywhere else they have no choice but to pay that price, if kids want something, reluctentlythe parents have to pay it like it or not.

I give up on people like you nutty dodging questions.

It was simple enough.

How can you justify our club charging £200 for a mascot for a league one game when it used to be free and some premiership clubs charge nothing?

Instead you duck and dive your way out of the question like a brixton car jacker.

Im off to bury my head in the sand like you nutty and see what all the fuss is about.....you people...........

I think you will find that mascot prices in this division are all around £200-250 depending on the exact package.  The Norwich charge for that is not over the top.