Sign in to follow this  
richie

Grant Holt's 'song'

Is there any way we can come up with a better song for Grant than ''we f*cking love Grant Holt''.  As you have all probably noticed he does not even acknowledge this chant, however at Southend we chanted ''we really love Grant Holt''......and he responded to us each time we did it.  It really does sound low rent, and makes us sound thick, which I know we are not.  Can we come up with a better song and I am sure you will see a response from Grant.  I mean I can swear with the best of you but when we are praising a player this is NOT the way to do it. 

NORWICH DON''T NEED ANYBODY ELSE!

WHEN I THINK OF GRANT HOLT I TOUCH MYSELF!

WHOOOOAAAAHHHHH ! ! !

Heard some lads singing this in The Barclay on Boxing Day. I laughed so much.

[quote user="Steve Hopkins"]Yeah it''s terrible and no-one joins in.[/quote]

...Which is why I joined to try and get the message across. He really ''loves'' us and wants to respond. Trust me, he will react to us if we give him the ammo.

Single syllable first and surnames are tricky. Has he got a middle name?

Granty Holt is too naff and Grant Holty is a no no.

Gary Holt presented a similar problem although Ga....ry is splittable so he was here there and everywhere da de dah!

Pity he hasn''t yet scored for Norwich against the scum.

I sussest the answer is to use Grantholt as a two syllable single word and fit it into a song that way.

He has been a leader on the pitch all season so why not a bit of retro with ''Grant Holt is our leader'' or ''Born is the king of Carrow Road?'' It will go well with his 70''s haircut!

it is 4am and it took 5 mins so apologies in advance [:$] [:^)]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h03KKgUMT4khis names grant holt and he leads our teamthe finest striker that these shores have seenscores goals all over the land--duno last line

Must be some kind of "Go West"/"Grant Holt" possibilities.What would be wrong with "There''s only one Grant Holt" to drop the offensive bits?  It doesn''t offend me, but it is chavtastic.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]NORWICH DON''T NEED ANYBODY ELSE!

WHEN I THINK OF GRANT HOLT I TOUCH MYSELF!

WHOOOOAAAAHHHHH ! ! !

Heard some lads singing this in The Barclay on Boxing Day. I laughed so much.[/quote]

I heard that too, a brilliant chant.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]NORWICH DON''T NEED ANYBODY ELSE! WHEN I THINK OF GRANT HOLT I TOUCH MYSELF! WHOOOOAAAAHHHHH ! ! ! Heard some lads singing this in The Barclay on Boxing Day. I laughed so much.[/quote]

That''s truly brilliant, will definitely be singing this at the colchester game!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Puzzy magnet "]

Grant Holt''s "I touch myself" song was started in a pub in Yeovil.

To this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFEfmbAeEDY

[/quote]

Although a stroke of genius im sure Grant Holts said son wouldnt be singing this in the living room either ??
[/quote]

It''s 2010 pal, masturbation is not taboo anymore, especially not man-love

I aswell think the current chant for grant holt is awful, I have always thought why dont we use lee crofts old song but chand it around a bit....

Grant Holttt.... hes going to score against you again

Something like that, simple and very catchy

[quote user="Puzzy magnet "][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Puzzy magnet "]

Grant Holt''s "I touch myself" song was started in a pub in Yeovil.

To this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFEfmbAeEDY

[/quote]Although a stroke of genius im sure Grant Holts said son wouldnt be singing this in the living room either ??[/quote]

It''s 2010 pal, masturbation is not taboo anymore, especially not man-love

[/quote]Hahahaha, sorry I should get with the times eh ? !

Personally I don''t see what ius wrong with the current chnat and he does acknowledge it as I have seen him do so at both Southend and Wycombe.

If people are offended by the use of the word f**k then they should stay at home and not attend football matches.

Having said that if anyone puts forward a better alternative then I am sure it will take off!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Personally I don''t see what ius wrong with the current chnat and he does acknowledge it as I have seen him do so at both Southend and Wycombe.

If people are offended by the use of the word f**k then they should stay at home and not attend football matches.

Having said that if anyone puts forward a better alternative then I am sure it will take off!

[/quote]Given that Norwich is a "nice family club" which is meant to give a nice "family atmosphere" im guessing, just dunno why.... that the use of the F word is kinda not really orientated in a "family environment" although personally i do not have a problem with the current chant it is very "chavy" and does not really do very much to promote the intellegence or elegence of Norwich city much less her fine fans ;)In other words, the F word something you expect to hear shouted in Tesco by Shanice or Dave at either 5 year old Chardinay or baby Jordan when they accidently touch a packet of cornflakes or something OR on a building site ;)Again, i dont have an issue but i can see why some would. I wouldnt really want my 5 year old son to be exposed to the chant but then... i dont have a 5 year old son !I think the key problem with the "Grant Holt" chant is that no one has come up with anything better !( dont stat the bleeding Torres rip offs again cos its a s**t idea )The Touch myself Grant Holt is genius , but as i noted earlier again... its not very PC BUT its inuendo so kids or children wont necisarily understand the rudeness of it and its not as course as we F***in love Grant Holt ! Actullay more I think about it the touch myself chant is spot on !

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Given that Norwich is a "nice family club" which is meant to give a nice "family atmosphere" im guessing, just dunno why.... that the use of the F word is kinda not really orientated in a "family environment" although personally i do not have a problem with the current chant it is very "chavy" and does not really do very much to promote the intellegence or elegence of Norwich city much less her fine fans ;)

In other words, the F word something you expect to hear shouted in Tesco by Shanice or Dave at either 5 year old Chardinay or baby Jordan when they accidently touch a packet of cornflakes or something OR on a building site ;)

Again, i dont have an issue but i can see why some would. I wouldnt really want my 5 year old son to be exposed to the chant but then... i dont have a 5 year old son !

I think the key problem with the "Grant Holt" chant is that no one has come up with anything better !( dont stat the bleeding Torres rip offs again cos its a s**t idea )
The Touch myself Grant Holt is genius , but as i noted earlier again... its not very PC BUT its inuendo so kids or children wont necisarily understand the rudeness of it and its not as course as we F***in love Grant Holt !

Actullay more I think about it the touch myself chant is spot on !
[/quote]

I suppose it depends if you see Norwich as/want Norwich to be a family club doesn''t it!

The touch myself chant is good but may be hard to get going at any real volume. All you need is Holt is good as well!

[quote user="stevencfc4eva"]

I aswell think the current chant for grant holt is awful, I have always thought why dont we use lee crofts old song but chand it around a bit....

[/quote]It was "Croft, Croft will tear you apart again" (cf: Joy Division "Love Will Tear Us Apart")It''s a shame really because "Croft, Croft will cross to Row Z again" would have been more fitting.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="stevencfc4eva"]

[/quote]It was "Croft, Croft will tear you apart again" (cf: Joy Division "Love Will Tear Us Apart")It''s a shame really because "Croft, Croft will cross to Row Z again" would have been more fitting.[/quote]haha nice one Mister Chops :)I still like the "Wooooooooaaaah Grant Holt is on firrrreee,Woooooooooaaaah his goals take us higher!"

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Must be some kind of "Go West"/"Grant Holt" possibilities.[/quote]Good shout Mr Chops. Think most want a "chant" rather than a song but this could provide both. There are 2 intro verses before the "Go West" anthem (you probably only need one of them) with each line beginning "Together" - that could be retained or "Canaries!" substituted for all or some of the "Together"s. Then the main verse to "Go West". The chanters could sing the "Together" (or "Canaries!") and "Grant Holt" while those who can, could sing the rest.
(Together) We can Fly So High(Together) City ''til we

die(Together) Grant Holt is our man(Together) We''re his greatest

fan

(Grant Holt!) He can run and run(Grant Holt!) And he

scores for fun
(Grant Holt!) Captain of our team(Grant Holt!) He''s a

goal machineToo complicated?  (btw - on You Tube there''s  simple hand-clapping intro to it...)

[quote user="Binky"]
(Together) We can Fly So High(Together) Yellow ''til we

die(Together)
We''re his greatest

fan
(Together) Grant Holt is our man

(Grant Holt!) Hes got three lungs(Grant Holt!) Hes well hung(Grant Holt!) Captain of our team(Grant Holt!) He''s our

goal machine
[/quote]just my 5 pence on the song , hope you dont mind Swapped some two lines and changed 2 Nice though Blinky

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]just my 5 pence on the song , hope you dont mind Swapped some two lines and changed 2 Nice though Blinky[/quote]hope you dont mind - Not at all - Mr Chops was the inspiration and the words have neither copyright nor  literary merit.Swapped some two lines - that is how I had it originally! changed 2 - Hmm. Not sure about the lungs/hung lines - if that''s an improvement? - maybe someone can ask the man himself. (Anyway you are a few syllables short of a scan!)Try it with "Canaries!" instead of "Together". Your "Yellow" works well with that too. PS I think it should be " just my two penn''orth" ;)

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Go West is surely tailor made for Mr. Hoolahan? :)

[/quote]Very good! Like it!