Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

Beckford

He was alright. Good touch for the goal but he spent the rest of the game giving the ball away, trying to get Brown sent off and then missing a sitter to go up 2-0. Still, if it means he''ll leave the division, I''m all for it.

[quote user="Allez17"]He was alright. Good touch for the goal but he spent the rest of the game giving the ball away, trying to get Brown sent off and then missing a sitter to go up 2-0.

Still, if it means he''ll leave the division, I''m all for it.
[/quote]yer he should of got a second...lets hope Newcastle come in for him as touted but i think the price was £500k im sure he will go for more then that or Leeds will just keep him im sure

[quote user="Allez17"]He was alright. Good touch for the goal but he spent the rest of the game giving the ball away, trying to get Brown sent off and then missing a sitter to go up 2-0.

[/quote]

Think this is what they meant about move to Newcastle on hold, IE shop window let them see how he performs, but what about that right back leeds have got, looked a bit familier,  

[/quote]

He was good today. Fast, aggressive, often stretching their defence and scored the winning goal. The miss in the 2nd half was a sitter, you must be joking, mate.

Some club must snap him up this month.

Whooooppeeeee..........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beckford or not. Today and many games this season is down to a rock solid defence and the team spirit. Beckford going wont make too much difference. As Ive said before we dont need to rely on one person in league one. Yes Beckford made the difference with the goal and I doubt we will find a replacement as clinical as him but any decent enough striker who WILL replace him will have a good team built around him.

End of the day its entirely up to Beckford if he wants to see the promotion campain through with us and push towards the prem in the next couple of years. With or without him Leeds will cope. Bristol Rovers did (and more) when they lost Rickie Lambert.

Norwich and Charlton are dying to see Beckford transfered because they think Leeds will drop to 3rd/4th etc but it will also take the transfer of Snodgrass,Naylor,Kisnorbo,Kilkenny and Johnson to do that i''m afraid!!

[quote user="spainboy"]Beckford or not. Today and many games this season is down to a rock solid defence and the team spirit. Beckford going wont make too much difference. As Ive said before we dont need to rely on one person in league one. Yes Beckford made the difference with the goal and I doubt we will find a replacement as clinical as him but any decent enough striker who WILL replace him will have a good team built around him.

End of the day its entirely up to Beckford if he wants to see the promotion campain through with us and push towards the prem in the next couple of years. With or without him Leeds will cope. Bristol Rovers did (and more) when they lost Rickie Lambert.

Norwich and Charlton are dying to see Beckford transfered because they think Leeds will drop to 3rd/4th etc but it will also take the transfer of Snodgrass,Naylor,Kisnorbo,Kilkenny and Johnson to do that i''m afraid!![/quote]Lol at you on the Charlton message board.

Spainboy, I would worry as you are right in that your teams success is built from the back (you have scored less goals and have more points so you must have a good team ethos/set up).

I think its so close at the top even with your gap that we are all looking for different angles to give us an edge.

I think Charlton will be the team to watch in the transfer window and see if they have to sell anyone rather than off load anyone!

i dont get all this wanting beckford to leave stuff because, even though it would be great to go up as champions, its more important that we just go up, which, with a strong leeds team beating all of our rivals for second place, would be more likely if beckford stays. they are potentially 11 points ahead of us, a big ask for us to catch them, for them to drop points means that teams like colchester and charlton will probably gain them, putting us under more pressure for an automatic place.

Well he''s out of contract in the Summer, and will no doubt be tempted to leave then, so Im sure Leeds will accept a £2m bid of anyone this Jan.

[quote user="spainboy"]Beckford or not. Today and many games this season is down to a rock solid defence and the team spirit. Beckford going wont make too much difference. As Ive said before we dont need to rely on one person in league one. Yes Beckford made the difference with the goal and I doubt we will find a replacement as clinical as him but any decent enough striker who WILL replace him will have a good team built around him.

Norwich and Charlton are dying to see Beckford transfered because they think Leeds will drop to 3rd/4th etc but it will also take the transfer of Snodgrass,Naylor,Kisnorbo,Kilkenny and Johnson to do that i''m afraid!![/quote]Leeds fans are just like Manc fans, boring know alls who think that their opinions are as interesting to everyone else as they are to themselves, a sort of relentlessly boring sleeping draught. I bet your missus thinks you''re deadly dull. 

To be honest, i couldn''t care less if Beckford stays or goes. Its about what Norwich City do for me. If we win the league, which i can''t see happening, it will be because we have had one hell of a season, not because Beckford stayed or went.

[quote user="Good Evening Neil"]To be honest, i couldn''t care less if Beckford stays or goes. Its about what Norwich City do for me. If we win the league, which i can''t see happening, it will be because we have had one hell of a season, not because Beckford stayed or went.
[/quote]i totally agree...but every little helps [Y]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Good Evening Neil"]To be honest, i couldn''t care less if Beckford stays or goes. Its about what Norwich City do for me. If we win the league, which i can''t see happening, it will be because we have had one hell of a season, not because Beckford stayed or went.[/quote]i totally agree...but every little helps [Y][/quote]well yeah, but it isn''t just us who has to play against him, all the other teams do. If we beat Leeds and Beckford then goes to score winning goals against Charlton, Huddersfield and Col U then will everyone be happy he stayed?

[quote user="Good Evening Neil"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Good Evening Neil"]To be honest, i couldn''t care less if Beckford stays or goes. Its about what Norwich City do for me. If we win the league, which i can''t see happening, it will be because we have had one hell of a season, not because Beckford stayed or went.
[/quote]i totally agree...but every little helps [Y][/quote]

well yeah, but it isn''t just us who has to play against him, all the other teams do. If we beat Leeds and Beckford then goes to score winning goals against Charlton, Huddersfield and Col U then will everyone be happy he stayed?
[/quote]It can work both ways...if we want to catch Leeds, they will lose more points without him but on the other hand tey will take more points of our rivals with him...i for one would rather see him sold

We just have to keep winning and not worry what everyone else is doing [Y]

[quote user="Allez17"]He was alright. Good touch for the goal but he spent the rest of the game giving the ball away, trying to get Brown sent off and then missing a sitter to go up 2-0. Still, if it means he''ll leave the division, I''m all for it. [/quote]Im sorry but you cannot be allowed to say ''good touch for the goal'' and get away with it.  That touch was shocking, a decent keeper would have come and claimed that before he had a chance to score.   Dont care one jot about Beckford.   Jumped up wannabe who thinks he is better then he really is.   Watching him at the end waving to his teammates to come to him as if he had just beaten Man U all by himself.   As long as we still have our full squad at the end of this month then we will run Leeds really close and go up automatically.

Am I the only one who can see that Beckford is, in reality, a one-trick pony.  Yes he''s pacy but his ball control is appalling and his finishing is pretty wayward too.  I don''t see any huge bids coming in for him as once he''s playing at a higher level, he''ll be exposed for the poor player that he really is.   That goal yesterday was a classic case of lump it forward for him to chase, he got a lucky touch and that, coupled with the useless keeping meant he scored.I think Spainboy does have a relevant point about the Leeds defence, they are the key to Leed''s season - not Beckford.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[quote user="Good Evening Neil"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Good Evening Neil"]To be honest, i couldn''t care less if Beckford stays or goes. Its about what Norwich City do for me. If we win the league, which i can''t see happening, it will be because we have had one hell of a season, not because Beckford stayed or went.
[/quote]i totally agree...but every little helps [Y][/quote]

well yeah, but it isn''t just us who has to play against him, all the other teams do. If we beat Leeds and Beckford then goes to score winning goals against Charlton, Huddersfield and Col U then will everyone be happy he stayed?
[/quote]It can work both ways...if we want to catch Leeds, they will lose more points without him but on the other hand tey will take more points of our rivals with him...i for one would rather see him sold

We just have to keep winning and not worry what everyone else is doing [Y]

[/quote]

Exactly, spot on.[Y]

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"]Am I the only one who can see that Beckford is, in reality, a one-trick pony.  Yes he''s pacy but his ball control is appalling and his finishing is pretty wayward too.  I don''t see any huge bids coming in for him as once he''s playing at a higher level, he''ll be exposed for the poor player that he really is.   That goal yesterday was a classic case of lump it forward for him to chase, he got a lucky touch and that, coupled with the useless keeping meant he scored.

I think Spainboy does have a relevant point about the Leeds defence, they are the key to Leed''s season - not Beckford.
[/quote]A pacey striker that scores goals.....yer no one is looking for a player like that [:|]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Plastic Scouser"]Am I the only one who can see that Beckford is, in reality, a one-trick pony.  Yes he''s pacy but his ball control is appalling and his finishing is pretty wayward too.  I don''t see any huge bids coming in for him as once he''s playing at a higher level, he''ll be exposed for the poor player that he really is.   That goal yesterday was a classic case of lump it forward for him to chase, he got a lucky touch and that, coupled with the useless keeping meant he scored.I think Spainboy does have a relevant point about the Leeds defence, they are the key to Leed''s season - not Beckford.[/quote]A pacey striker that scores goals.....yer no one is looking for a player like that [:|][/quote]I know what he means though- he does score but doesn''t ever look like he has control of the ball to me... I can''t believe he''ll do well in a higher league. Yesterdays goal was becasuse he completely mis controlled the ball- it was only cos ManU didn''t have a defence that he got away with it. Delighted to see Leeds win yesterday but I wouldn''t swap Beckford for any of our front 3.