Sign in to follow this  
Robert Fleck is still GOD!

Come On City Get Spending to ensure Premiership status in 2005-2006

I know we all feel down about various things but hey with a little bit of expenditure we would be safe!

We have the character,guile and skill Helveg & Johnsen excluded?

I just want the board to back Worthy as much as I enjoyed the old first division I dont want to be going there again its taken many bleak years to get back to where we belong and if we were to go down it would be nigh on impossible to bounce back players would go I think Worthy would go!

Come on Im not saying go stupid all the players are on contracts based on what division we are playing in

We can attract qualuty players come on lets add some more qualty and we will be safe! 

You make it sound so easy.  Spend some money and buy some quality.  Do you really think it as simple as that.  There are so many factors to consider. What player/s, will the clubs sell and for how much, is the player interested in coming here, how much do they want in wages.

You can''t even say lets buy a top Fizzy league player.  For example: Nathan Ellington - would cost at least £3-4m that makes him out of our price range.  From the players point of view he probably has more chance of playing PL football if he stays at Wigan rather than joining us.

Money can help but only if it''s worth spending.

And spending cash has hardly helped the baggies, soton or blackburn, or a hundred and one relegated clubs - leeds, west ham, blackburn, leicester, Tahn etc etc etc has it.

The key is to build a squad and add quality players who have the mentality to fit in and attitude to perform week in week out - theres no point buying the ability that Tight Ar$e Bramble has if he cant be bothered to us it week in week out. There is also the risk that the player simply doesnt settle - Unsworths move to West Ham for example.

We do need better players but whether we can get the criteria met (budget ability attitude timing competition from the other relegated clubs) before 31/1 is a tall tall order - if we get two new faces it will be an acheivement. If the right player is available then yes we should make sure we get our man and not fail because of 250k or whatever.

OTBC

What a load of rubbish!

Obviously no one on this site believes that a quality forward & defender would make a difference!

I never said get into financial trouble like others have what I said was what we needed and for Jonson getting better you are having a laugh! McVeigh is twice as good as him!

Come on live in the real world without a finisher we are finished I wouldnt want Ellington hes trouble!

A list of possible forwards once again!

Sutton would be available for a million

Ashton Quality 2 million

Miller will come good at the right club under a million

Yorke free available from Birmingham due to fall out with Gold good for a season really fit player!

Harewood under a million?

The list is endless so get in the real world and spend the cash or we will go down without a fight!

Why people on this site dont look at the big picture the real world I work in finance and without speculation in any business you are doome dto failure so when youve all read this dont spout out doom & gloom and getting into debt we need to speculate! And speculate sensibly

Treble yawn.

It''s you that needs to live in the real world mate.

Dwight Yorke - HA HA!!!
Miller - better than Helveg & Jonson, yup.
Harewood - under a million!!

Dwight Yorke might not be such a bad idea. How many times has it been said that Hux has put in umpteen crosses only for no one to get on the end of them.  Yorke has scored at the highest level and does still seem to know where the goal is. He seems to play better when the crowd are on his side and with our superb support could be a good bet.

(Cue deluge of replies shooting me down in flames...)

OTBC

[quote]What a load of rubbish! Obviously no one on this site believes that a quality forward & defender would make a difference! I never said get into financial trouble like others have what I said was...[/quote]

I put the same question to you as others who have posted similar comments.  How many chances do we actually create?  I''m not saying we don''t a striker, I just think we need to create more chances first.  Again we could have had Michael Owen and Van Nistelroy up front against Chelsea and it would have made no difference as we created no chances at all.

Also Ellington was just an example.  I was trying to point out that we will find it hard to persuade players to come here as it highly likely we will be in the fizzy league next season and that''s being honest and getting in "the real world"!

I agree that I would rather go down fighting but buying players is not just about spending money.   

Bananaman

Dwight Yorke - What does he do best? Finish! Good for a year a very fit player available on a free?

Miller - better than Helveg & Jonson, Miller as in Kevin at Wolves is a more technical skilful palyer than both of the above and can score in the Prem better risk than Jonson

Harewood - under a million!! Definately his salary was supposedly based on the parachute payments which end in May and both Zamora who has trained with and held talks with Stoke! And Harewood want out of West Ham! 

Get in the real world goals win games and the only outright forwards we have are Hucks & Leon they both need help a quality finisher.

[quote]Bananaman Dwight Yorke - What does he do best? Finish! Good for a year a very fit player available on a free? Miller - better than Helveg & Jonson, Miller as in Kevin at Wolves is a more techn...[/quote]

Fleck, how many chances do we create?  Do you think the people above will put away the one or two "good" chances we create week in week out?

The only real forwards we have are Hucks and Leon?? So, a left winger (apparently) and a headless chicken from Peterborough?

Aren''t you conveniently forgetting Jonson, McVeigh, Henderson, Jarvis, Crow, Bentley and Svensson?

The only thing Dwight Yorke does best is swanning around in white suits living the celebrity life. He''s a waste of space.

And when did Kevin Miller prove that he can cut it in the prem? Was that when he was NOT starring in a very bad Wolves team last year?

As Saint Canary says, it wouldn''t matter if we had Ruud Van Nistelrooy in the box if the ball doesn''t get there.

[quote]I know we all feel down about various things but hey with a little bit of expenditure we would be safe! We have the character,guile and skill Helveg & Johnsen excluded? I just want the board to ...[/quote]

(Polite Cough).........I never said a bloody word!.  

I have to admit, the idea of Dwight Yorke having a brief spell here is interesting.  However, as stated previously, we would need quality passing/crossing if he is to get the goals.  Won''t Francis inject some extra creativity when he''s back?

I would like to see a young hungry player from a top italian/spanish side sign up on loan.  Trouble is We don''t know any.

Fozzie, I think you have hit the nail on the head there.  When we sign someone it has to be a player with a point to prove.  Someone willing to work hard who has some ability trying to acheive something.  Who that is I don''t know but then thats not my job.

I side with Saint Canary and Bananaman on this one,

We need a decent classy midfielder to create chances for whoever we put up front.

I don''t remember Sven or Leon missing any chances lately, in fact the only goal scored by Leon was the solo effort he created himself.

Now that Bentley has started to perform we may see some chances created, then we can see if our current forwards are up to the task of scoring for us.

Whatever we spend and whoever we bring in has to add value to the club - any idiot can spend cash and not build a team the right players in the right positions is the key.OTBC

Jim your memory is short during the course of the season so far Mckenzie has had good chances in most of the games he has played in and whilst I wouldn''t expect him to score them all I would expect him to have scored at least 4. Remember Man U, Newcastle, Villa, Not to mention the sitter against the Baggies.

Blackburn are on the case while we dither.

The former Wales manager is delighted to have signed Mokoena, and expects him to play a significant role as Rovers strive for survival in the Barclays Premiership.

"Aaron is the captain of South Africa and can play in central defence or the centre of midfield," said Hughes on www.rovers.co.uk.

"We have agreed a deal with Racing Club Genk of Belgium and with the player himself"

If we haven''t got our targets already lined up we will be wasting our time again.

[quote]Blackburn are on the case while we dither. The former Wales manager is delighted to have signed Mokoena, and expects him to play a significant role as Rovers strive for survival in the Barclays Prem...[/quote]

And another one............United defender Jonathan Spector will join Blackburn Rovers on loan until the end of the season, Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed

I get the feeling its going to be a busy January, lets hope this time Worthy does not leave it too late

You can also add the sitter of a header that Leon had against Blackburn that he conveniently put past the post from about three yards!!!

Leon has missed numerous chances this season and Hux too has failed to finish some good opportunities - the only striker who has not had a handful of glaring misses is Sven and its a big blow that his knee has blown up yet again. Given his track record we cant rely on him seeing the season out so a new striker now jumps to the top of the pile ahead of a defender - what happens if Leon gets suspended or injured?OTBC