Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Worst Manager of the Decade:

Grant for me from a football point of view, we went from a club that really should have been yo-yoing between the top 2 divisions to a shambles and fighting off relegation to league 1. Though i kind of respect him that at the end he admitted he wasn''t up to the job.Hamilton is the one I truly despise, he was working for radio5 on the Ipswich game last year and he was so biased towards them, that is embarrasing to think such scum could be allowed to manage our club.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]God what a choice. Gunn and Grant were terrible but for me Roeder was even worse.

What makes him the worst for me was the way he alienated everyone around him from the kit man to neil adams to supporters groups. Poisonous[/quote]Agree 100%. Yes Gunn "took us down" but the damage was already done and Gunn had little opportunity to shape the team. And he did sign Grant Holt  (who could prove quite useful for us one day) as well as Theo. Roeder was not just incompetent (playing Russell as centre forward and Bell on the wrong wing) but unpleasant with it. I would rate Gunn''s short reign better than Grant''s simply because he signed some half decent players.

Double trouble!!!

Peter Grant and Glen Roeder - Both useless

We gave West Ham our star players and in return we had their rejected management, how did the board get away with this!!!

Hooray for PL

1. Gunn2. Duffy3. Hamilton4. Grant*5. Roeder* gets bonus marks from me for realising he was in over his head and walking away with dignity. Unlike Gunn, who whored himself all over the shop in May before his job was confirmed; or Hamilton, who blamed it all on the notoriously unreasonable Norfolk media (!), and him being an Ipswich man. No Bryan - it''s because you were shit.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

No votes for Worthy[:^)]

[/quote]

haha how did we ever guess that you would of posted that Nutty??? [:|]

[quote user="thebigfeller"]1. Gunn

2. Duffy

3. Hamilton

4. Grant*

5. Roeder

* gets bonus marks from me for realising he was in over his head and walking away with dignity. Unlike Gunn, who whored himself all over the shop in May before his job was confirmed; or Hamilton, who blamed it all on the notoriously unreasonable Norfolk media (!), and him being an Ipswich man. No Bryan - it''s because you were shit.
[/quote]

What an unintelligent, ill-educated post and unnecessarily unpleasant to boot.

has to be GRANT for me. he destroyed what was a half decent team left behind by worthy.  it needed a bit of fresh blood and some fresh thinking from the coaches as it had clearly gone stale...grant toally cocked it up.

At the end of the day Gunny might not have been able to motivate or organise the team but he certainly built us a strong side during the summer....ok he got one or two wrong (Maric ? and Theo) but this can and has happened to more expereinced managers than Bryan and its always a risk when your hunting the bargain bins for players as he was forced to do).....who know how this season would have gone with gunny in charge.....i doubt we would be where we are now but i''m sure we would have been on the fringes at least.

Rich

In this order....

1 - Gunn

2 - Roeder

3- Grant

4 - Hamilton

5 - Rioch

As Jas said...all appointed by the current lot.

Best appointment since Walker....Lambert...aslo appointed by this lot, but why did it take us dropping down to the 3rd tier for the first time in over 50 years for them to out and aggresively get the right man....McNally???

[quote user="Panic Dem"]

[quote user="thebigfeller"]1. Gunn2. Duffy3. Hamilton4. Grant*5. Roeder* gets bonus marks from me for realising he was in over his head and walking away with dignity. Unlike Gunn, who whored himself all over the shop in May before his job was confirmed; or Hamilton, who blamed it all on the notoriously unreasonable Norfolk media (!), and him being an Ipswich man. No Bryan - it''s because you were shit.[/quote]

[/quote]What''s wrong with it exactly? Peter Grant does deserve credit for holding his hands up and we''ve also made profits on players he bought which is rather an inconvenient fact for those that like to blame him for wasting money. I''m guessing it''s simply the derogatory comments about BG that have got your gander up, and I''ve read nothing in TBF''s post to make me think such comments are unintelligent, ill-educated or even unnecesarily unpleasant. BG applied for a job which was beyond his capabilities, the club suffered as a result, what is there to discuss?Send my regards to Bob Franklin when you see him, I''m guessing you''re close.Perhaps you should be feting Gunn as a candidate for ''Scapegoat of the decade'', there''s a very strong argument to support that case.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

No votes for Worthy[:^)]

[/quote]

haha how did we ever guess that you would of posted that Nutty??? [:|]

[/quote]

Well I think he''s gotta be in with a shout to be fair Smudge. I wouldn''t vote for him because I think he''s the clear winner of best manager of the decade. Although, apparently, a few wins in division three have secured that for Lambo[;)]

Who''s your best and worst of the decade?

I''d go for Worthy best with Hamilton, Grant, Roeder and Gunn sharing worst for various reasons.

We''re in a new decade now so let''s see how Lambo goes. If he can get us to the Premiership with the Delia and Michael still at the helm then he can battle it out with Worthy for manager of the century!! But of course Worthy did it with the useless Doomcaster, Skipper and Munby while Lambo has the backing of new fans darlings Bowkett and McNally so if he manages it will it ever match what Worthy did[:^)]

[;)]

Happy New Year Smudger[<:o)]

[quote user="Puzzy magnet "]

Roeder at least kept us up for a year. Gunn was a complete idiot from the start.

Rioch should not even be on the list of candidates.

The fact Delia could appoint Hamilton, Roeder and Gunn (x2) shows just how little she knows about football. Would rather have my mum picking our managers.

[/quote]

As long as she was nice and had a penchant for sickly platitudes such as "the best supporters in the world", most City supporters would let her get away with anything.....

Just as a matter of interest Mr Carrow - at what point do we decide whether Delia appointed the manager or not? She obviously didn''t appoint Lambert now but how many games would we have to lose before he became "one of hers"? Did she appoint Worthy?

Worst NCFC manager of the decade? Grant, a clown who talked a good game but never managed to achieve one.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Just as a matter of interest Mr Carrow - at what point do we decide whether Delia appointed the manager or not? She obviously didn''t appoint Lambert now but how many games would we have to lose before he became "one of hers"? Did she appoint Worthy?

[/quote]

Delia and MWJ wanted Gunn to continue- who gave him a contract after he got us relegated?  I think if he`d stayed and we were now in the bottom three instead of the top, your posts would be exactly the same.....

It must be the River End Catering Manager for sure.

Never have there been so many queueing for so long for such little quality.

And Roeder on the pitch

Alas Smith and Jones appoint those who therefore appoint the manager, the buck always stops at the top.

As I said before, we have been too nice, and it took a great appointment {credit where its due} of McNally to aggressively seek a decent manager instead of tip toeing about not wanting to upset anyone.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Panic Dem"]

[quote user="thebigfeller"]1. Gunn2. Duffy3. Hamilton4. Grant*5. Roeder* gets bonus marks from me for realising he was in over his head and walking away with dignity. Unlike Gunn, who whored himself all over the shop in May before his job was confirmed; or Hamilton, who blamed it all on the notoriously unreasonable Norfolk media (!), and him being an Ipswich man. No Bryan - it''s because you were shit.[/quote]

[/quote] Peter Grant does deserve credit for holding his hands up and we''ve also made profits on players he bought which is rather an inconvenient fact for those that like to blame him for wasting money.[/quote]Which players did we make profits on? I can only think of Brown. Not having a dig just cant remember any others. His two biggest signings were Marshall and Cureton, one of whom was sold at a loss and the other who will be off for pennies if we can find anyone desperate enough to take him.

For me probably Roeder. I know Gunn got us relegated but I think that Roeder had already done the damage to the players'' morale - Gunn and Grant also had no managing experience, unlike Roeder. I think that Roeder and Grant also fell out with some of our first-choice players and started chucking them out, like McKenzie and Safri. What I did at least like about Gunn was that Andy Hughes fell behind in the pecking order under him.

Its a very difficult one. It has to be between Roeder, Gunn and Grant. Gunn should never have beenin the job and i sort of have sympathy with him. Grant was useless but at least he knew he wasnt doing a good job and had the descency to resign whereas roeder would have never resigned and lets face it even though gunn was in charge when we went down it was roeders doing so its roeder for me

Gunn wasnt and will never be a manager.

Same could be said of Peter Grant, who accepted this, but is thought of highly as a coach.

Roeder is just a arrogant, big headed slug whop destroyed this teams confidence and team spirit and who has left every club he has managed either in a division lower or on the brink of relegation and thankfully clubs seem to have realised this by the arrogant toads lack of employment lately.

I am happy to go on record as saying that Glenn Roeder is a turd, and when he was appointed I had a letter published in the evening news stating what an overated manager he was and that he had the charisma of a dead slug...I was asked to apologise for this, which I did, but later retracted the apology as I thought I was right the 1st time.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Gunn wasnt and will never be a manager.

Same could be said of Peter Grant, who accepted this, but is thought of highly as a coach.

Roeder is just a arrogant, big headed slug whop destroyed this teams confidence and team spirit and who has left every club he has managed either in a division lower or on the brink of relegation and thankfully clubs seem to have realised this by the arrogant toads lack of employment lately.

I am happy to go on record as saying that Glenn Roeder is a turd, and when he was appointed I had a letter published in the evening news stating what an overated manager he was and that he had the charisma of a dead slug...I was asked to apologise for this, which I did, but later retracted the apology as I thought I was right the 1st time.[/quote]Ay but Roeder at least had a decent spell at one point. Grant and Gunn never managed even that, and Grant had a budget much bigger than either of those two.

Never underestimate just how much Glenn Roeder spent on loans and agents fees.

[quote user="HazzaJet"]For me probably Roeder. I know Gunn got us relegated but I think that Roeder had already done the damage to the players'' morale - Gunn and Grant also had no managing experience, unlike Roeder. I think that Roeder and Grant also fell out with some of our first-choice players and started chucking them out, like McKenzie and Safri. What I did at least like about Gunn was that Andy Hughes fell behind in the pecking order under him.[/quote]Worthington sold Leon Mckenzie despite him being one of his best signings at the time.Grant sold Andy Hughes despite playing him for most of his tenure..

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Delia and MWJ wanted Gunn to continue- who gave him a contract after he got us relegated?  I think if he`d stayed and we were now in the bottom three instead of the top, your posts would be exactly the same.....

[/quote]

I''m no fan of roeder but remember he did pull us out of the relegation mess that Grant had left us in. I still believe that, although he was a rubbish appointment that should have never been made, had roeder stayed in charge, we would have stayed up last season. ( I also tink that had we actually appointed a manager rather than Gunny we would have atayed up).

I''m not going to bre drawn into the slaging off of Gunny - a decent man who cleary cares about the club - shuld never have been manager but I can''t blame him for wanting the job - I blame those who appointed him just as I praised those who aapointed worthy and now Lambert.

and for the record it''s got to br Grant... yokk over a team who had a very, very decent chance of a play-off spot and left us adrift at the bottomof div1 / the championship