Huddy

Worst Manager of the Decade:

Bruce Rioch

Bryan Hamilton

Peter Grant

Glen Roeder

or

Bryan Gunn...

Never has a decade seen NCFC have such an illustrious bunch of clowns in charge!

[quote user="Huddy "]

Bruce Rioch

Bryan Hamilton

Peter Grant

Glen Roeder

or

Bryan Gunn...

Never has a decade seen NCFC have such an illustrious bunch of clowns in charge!

[/quote]If you actually look at what Rioch achieved whilst he was in charge I don''t think you could claim he was even that bad. He actually inherited a reletively poor team, we had an ok defence but otherwise we were struggling with players like Milligan getting old, Carey who was not that great, Forbes and Llewelyn. He brought in Anselin who was pretty good back then along with Jean Yves De Blasis who looked the real deal until he got injured badly.Hamilton or Grant for me swiftly followed up the rear ([:S]) by Roeder.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

Has to be Gunny I''m afraid but like you say there''s plenty of choice.  Wouldn''t include Rioch though.

[/quote]

Nothing wrong with Rioch.....He had his hands tied.....And Delia wanted Blarneymeister Hamilton as manager, and what a wise choice he was.....She was most upset when he departed.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="canary cherub "]

Has to be Gunny I''m afraid but like you say there''s plenty of choice.  Wouldn''t include Rioch though.

[/quote]

Nothing wrong with Rioch.....He had his hands tied.....And Delia wanted Blarneymeister Hamilton as manager, and what a wise choice he was.....She was most upset when he departed.

[/quote]

But Iwan and the senior pro''s - were glad to see tha back of the Blarneymeister...

My word there are some beauties there.

For my ten penneth the top four (in order)

1. Grant

2. Duffy

3. Roeder

4. Gunn

How Rioch can be included is beyond me - the man who brought Dennis Bergkamp to English football!

Gunn was clearly not very good, but he suffered from what he inherited from Roeder, though we should remember he was party to many signings as "Head of Player Recruitment"... but the rot really started with Grant.  Brellier? Murray?  Strihavka? Cureton did his bit 1st season, but 3 years on big money?  Roeder did really well to keep us up in his first year so although ultimately he failed I suspect many managers would have done.  Ditto Gunn, though he was clueless.  I think it all goes back to hiring Grant and then giving him a pot of cash to squander.

Tough one. Grant and Hamilton were terrible but Gunn was a total clown, manager-wise, and none of the others relegated us (though may well have done given the chance) or led us to a record home defeat. And the fact he actively courted the job even after he failed miserably, and the board gave in to him, was scandalous.Roeder is a little above them as he miraculously kept us up after taking over Grant''s mess with us rooted to the bottom of the league. But he soon went rubbish too of course.

[quote user="Huddy "]

Bruce Rioch

Bryan Hamilton

Peter Grant

Glen Roeder

or

Bryan Gunn...

[/quote]

and all hired by Delia....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Huddy "]

Bruce Rioch

Bryan Hamilton

Peter Grant

Glen Roeder

or

Bryan Gunn...

[/quote]

and all hired by Delia....

[/quote]

Gunn, clearly out of his depth.

Bruce Rioch only just qualifies for this thread - he managed up until the summer of 2000. However if you disslike him then perhaps look at what wiki has to say:

"Norwich City

In May 1998, Rioch was appointed manager of Norwich City

in Division One. He resigned after less than two seasons at the helm

after failing to get the Canaries anywhere near the promotion and

playoff places that the club had long been hoping for. He cited a

perceived lack of ambition at the club as the main reason for his

decision to resign (he correctly predicted that the club''s star player Craig Bellamy

would inevitably be sold), however he also acknowledged that the club''s

uncertain financial position meant that the transfer funds available to

him were limited."

Some people on here would agree with his sentiments and possibly so far ahead of his time as well. As for the senior pro''s not liking him its probably the fact that he didn''t stand for any rubbish and made them earn their cash. I think I am right in remembering the Rioch brought in some pretty rigid fitness regimes and insisted on all of the players taking part in some quite long runs to build up their stamina. I don''t think he really cared how they felt but he knew how to get the best out of the players at his disposal.

He had an eye for a player as well.

GUNN ! ! !  No arguments from you apologists .....................just look at his record !!  Quite clearly the worst we have ever had in charge ......clueless...rabbit in headlamps ...whatever you like to call it..................................he had absolutely no idea . don''t even get me started on "legend"

Id say Peter Grant simply because he started the rot and bought us a load crappy scottish based players who couldnt get the job done

God what a choice. Gunn and Grant were terrible but for me Roeder was even worse.

What makes him the worst for me was the way he alienated everyone around him from the kit man to neil adams to supporters groups. Poisonous

Roeder at least kept us up for a year. Gunn was a complete idiot from the start.

Rioch should not even be on the list of candidates.

The fact Delia could appoint Hamilton, Roeder and Gunn (x2) shows just how little she knows about football. Would rather have my mum picking our managers.

Rioch was a football man and I don''t think it is fair to include him with the others. Even Roeder did a job for a while. The other three were pathetic. Gunn and Grant because they never had the skills to manage and never willl, Blarney was working to a different agenda based around maintaining his "local" profile and his media work.

I''d also like a special word for John Dehan. Another useless tool.