Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Has Worthy been taking Lessons from Doomcaster ?

"We''ve got a squad and if we can add to it we will," he said. "We''ve got some names in mind, but I''ve got to say I am apprehensive about the January situation and the figures that might be quoted for players."

What sort of comment is this ? are we waiting till January to make enquiries ??

If he has his list he should already know the prices and indeed be working on finalising any deal due to be done (as some other clubs have, and already made public)

"We''ve just got to wait until January 1 – and to be honest with you there are no guarantees after that."

Cheers who are you trying to kid or has your script been written for you ?

To sign nobody is not an option. If we cannot afford your first choices move onto your second and then third if we end up signing nobody it is a severely poor reflection on all parts of the club from the board through management to scouts.

Has Worthy lost his bottle ?

He seems to have become immune to defeat, always stock response of how well the team has done etc etc. It seems he is happy with any performance as long as we score at least nil.

I think he he needs a good kick up the ***** , I have always said we cant afford to get rid of him but if he has lost his fight maybe we should.

Doing nothing in January is not an option and whatever spin Doomcaster Worthy and Co put on it it is a preparation for relegation which considering we have managed to claw our way out of the bottom three is a disgrace.

Only Blackburn and West Brom have scored less than us.

As I have said a number of times before I have seen nothing from either Svennson or Mckenzie to make me think they would regularly cut it in the Championship let alone the Premiership (one good performance by Svennson hasn''t changed my mind)

If we have to go down we must go down fighting !

[quote]if he doesnt have enough money to buy them then why doesnt he just get players on loan and use the money for wages?[/quote]

I think Northern Canary makes a good point.  If prices for players are too high, look for a loan.  I know we''ve only got one, but there must be dozens of Premiership players desperate to play first team football

I must admit all thsi spin from the club that they only have 1.2 million is ROT!

As I have mentioned before numerous times the budget will be the 1.2 million from the shares issue plus as Worthy commented only three weeks ago

the money he had for a striker in the summer went into his pot I believe he has upwards of 2.5 to 3 million for players

But if he doesnt spend it then really questions have got to be asked now I dont mean spend it on crap players but there are a number of quality players out there!

If he does not spend these funds that bidget will go into the accounts as unspent and wont be available for the summer as this budget is for this years financial accounts!

Come on Worthy & Co youve had since August to eye up players you would like lets push the boat out and add that bit of quality that is missing so we can at least attempt to stay up which I believe with the addition of 2 maybe 3 players we will

A Forward

A Midfielder

A Defender

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whilst the loan idea is a good one it''s just not as easy as people make it out to be.  Firstly you need to identify a player worth having.  Then their club has to be willing to let them go.  There are not many clubs with big enough squads willing to let players go off on loan.  After the Lua Lua - Newcastle thing last year clubs are going to make sure they have plenty of cover, just in case.

Clubs like Man U & Chelsea are still competing for 4 trophies, they will need all their players.  There are also plenty of other teams still in for 3.  Who will loan us a player worth having?

As a side note, anyone else notice in the papers this morning that Pennant is not to be offered a new contract at Arsenal?

I agree that we should be looking for a loan - no long term committments but can get some real quality that could save us from relegation.How many more long term loans can we take? Is it just one or is it 2?Geremi at Chelsea is not getting a look in at chelsea at the moment and may fancy a start somewhere else - expensive and probably more attracted to higher performing clubs but if we dont ask. Him and Damo would be a formidable centre partnership. Pennant and Arca are coming to the end of their contracts so could go for a smallish fee but are not in the positions we need to strengthen.One of the reasons we have the strikers and defence we have is that there is not the strength in depth in these postions which means that anyone half decent in at a decent club on good wages or attracts an astronomical transfer fee. I dont envy Worthy his hunt on this one at all.OTBC

I would imagine that they have already identified who they want and they are using statements like the above to try and get a better price.  I agree that signing no-one is basically not an option but I don''t think that will happen.  Just don''t expect a nice big expensive pressie in your NCFC stocking as you will likely only end up with something from QD or poundland! 

[quote]I''m sorry you find my post offensive Old Boy, but I happen to find the crap emanating from Carrow Rd offensive too.[/quote]

Keelans Glove: I wouldn''t loose too much sleep over Old Boy, they based Victor Meldew on him, my friend!. 

Steady as she goes Wizard. I can sesnse you are very close to prematurely being drawn into this one on the wrong side. Remember your promise? I''m trying to help you like I would a friend who has a problem with alcohol.

[quote]I would imagine that they have already identified who they want and they are using statements like the above to try and get a better price. I agree that signing no-one is basically not an option but ...[/quote]

What would you get from QD then Saint ?

Possibly a Quite Delightful  Quality Defender  Quickly Delivered perhaps ?

[quote]Steady as she goes Wizard. I can sesnse you are very close to prematurely being drawn into this one on the wrong side. Remember your promise? I''m trying to help you like I would a friend who has a pro...[/quote]

Fear not Yankee, my comment was more about a poster who, IMO, is misery personified!.

My promise to you and other posters still holds good, I will not be drawn into this debate, until February the 1st my friend.