Sign in to follow this  
The Doc

Team for JPT

If Holt and Askou are out I would go for 

21 Forster

03 Drury      12 Doherty    05 Nelson    06 Martin

19 Lappin     20  Russell    30 Smith

16 Martin     27 Mc Donald   14 Hoolahan

Oh no, I think you are getting your left and rights mixed up, as well as having that defensive pairing. This is my team

Forster

Martin Doherty Dumic/Stephens Drury

Martin Smith Russell Lappin

Mc Donald Cureton

Same as Sat'' game apart from Nelson and McDoanld in and Askou and Holt out.

McVeigh on bench in place of Mcnamee

I agree with B-ru in that 4-3-3 without Holt is going to be seriously toothless.

Not sure about Martin on the wing though. I''d rather put smith there and have Hughes and Russell as the central pairing. I think they would complement each other well.

Then i''d have Martin and either Cody or Hooly up front.

[quote user="B-ru"]Oh no, I think you are getting your left and rights mixed up, as well as having that defensive pairing. This is my team

Forster

Martin Doherty Dumic/Stephens Drury

Martin Smith Russell Lappin

Mc Donald Cureton[/quote]

Long ball game then ?

[quote user="The Doc"]

If Holt and Askou are out I would go for 

21 Forster

03 Drury      12 Doherty    05 Nelson    06 Martin

19 Lappin     20  Russell    30 Smith

16 Martin     27 Mc Donald   14 Hoolahan

[/quote]

Forster

Martin Doherty Stephens Lappin

Smith     Rusty   Hughes    McNamee

Martin          Hoolahan/McDonald

I Don''t want Doc and Nelson in a partnership.

We need to give players a run out but still have a strong team to beat Southampton although i think they will beat us.

I''d actually prefer a 4-4-1-1 with Martin up front and Hoolahan behind him.  We could have McNamee on the wing then.  That sounds more likely to win than any 4-3-3 with no Holt!

McNamee is cup tied.

Martin up top on his own? Hmmm, i''d question if he''s got what it takes to pull that off. Not many can. Drogba, Anelka... even Rooney has struggled with that role in the past.

Good point about being cup tied A1, but i stand by the 4-4-1-1.  Martin is our only option.  For that role it will be very difficult without doubt, but it may mean our midfield chipping in with goals, and Hoolahan and Martin seem to be on the same wavelength for through balls etc.  We''d have to play through the midfield to make it effective, not lump it up to Martin to hold it up.

Forster

Martin     Doc     Dumic      Drury

Smith     Russell   Hughes    Lappin

Martin     McDonald

Of Course Dumic Features In My Line Up! [;)] Although Recently He Has Been Playing RB As Opposed To CB, I Think He''d Still Do An Excellent Job With The Doc!

I''d Bring Wiggins On For Drury And Daley For Martin In The 2nd Half.........

[quote user="Jen_Jen"]                 Forster

Martin     McDonald

Of Course Dumic Features In My Line Up! [;)] Although Recently He Has Been Playing RB As Opposed To CB, I Think He''d Still Do An Excellent Job With The Doc!

[/quote]

Would be surprised to see this many first team players starting tomorrow, also Daley is out injured which is a shame as he had a good game against Southend--has certainly come on a lot since his earlier games.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Jen_Jen"]                 Forster

Martin     McDonald

[/quote] Would be surprised to see this many first team players starting tomorrow, also Daley is out injured which is a shame as he had a good game against Southend--has certainly come on a lot since his earlier games.[/quote]

We have too....i think its something like the first 6 available (which is why they will say Holt and Askou are injured....) have to play or something like that...anyway we can''t put out a reserve team....

TheoklitosHoolahan    McDonald    MacNamee    OtsemoborDrury         Edwards       Cureton          Nelson                  Askou          DocI actually think Askou + Doc would be a good partnership!

I know, but that team has 8 first team players. Semmy will almost certainly play as R. Martin is first team and has only played a few times.

Also, wasn''t there some talk about how we broke the rule in one of the previous rounds and got a small fine (can''t remember if this is true or made up message board stuff), might happen again.

Wonder which players have made the most appearances this season?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I know, but that team has 8 first team players. Semmy will almost certainly play as R. Martin is first team and has only played a few times.

Also, wasn''t there some talk about how we broke the rule in one of the previous rounds and got a small fine (can''t remember if this is true or made up message board stuff), might happen again.

Wonder which players have made the most appearances this season?[/quote]AskooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouDrury?Russel?