Sign in to follow this  
The Doc

Doc's passion

[quote user="The Doc"]

I have only seen the highlights but it looked to me that the Doc seemed to show a hell of a lot of passion

[/quote]

no more than them lot behind the goal

His critics can say what they like about his ability, but his commitment can never be questioned.

He has been a model professional on and off the field and has never reacted badly to the criticism he has received from the boo boys or to the treatment he has received from various managers over the years, including PL.

He just gets on with the job in his own inimitable way, with a playing style  best  described as clumsy rather than dirty. 

Maybe not a legend in the making, but Gary Doherty owes this club nothing. A few players, like a certain dumpy right winger who bettered himself in the summer, have milked this club. The Doc has always been value for money.

IMHO.

I can''t argue with much of that but i do think the Spurs board must have been rolling in the aisles when they got 750k off us for his services!

I think that he is perhaps just delighted he has scored a 2nd goal of the game, let alone that it is such a late goal to salavage a point that could be massive come the end of the season.

Didn''t the Doc wander off looking for pastures new at the end of one season, only to return when no-one wanted him?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

His critics can say what they like about his ability, but his commitment can never be questioned.

He has been a model professional on and off the field and has never reacted badly to the criticism he has received from the boo boys or to the treatment he has received from various managers over the years, including PL.

He just gets on with the job in his own inimitable way, with a playing style  best  described as clumsy rather than dirty. 

Maybe not a legend in the making, but Gary Doherty owes this club nothing. A few players, like a certain dumpy right winger who bettered himself in the summer, have milked this club. The Doc has always been value for money.

IMHO.

[/quote]

Totally agree!

Whilst he isn''t a worldbeater (for that matter who is at Carrow Road?) he is much better than than what many fans think!

Well lets face it he wasn''t the only one, i think Hoolanhan & Russell would have both happily moved on had an offer came in.