Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

Holt and Askou

Look like they will be missing tomorrow night, could this be our last cup match ? not Worried myself, as we need to put league our main priority, and have to say I don''t want to go to Wembley in the playoffs.

[quote user="pete_norw"]Look like they will be missing tomorrow night, could this be our last cup match ? not Worried myself, as we need to put league our main priority, and have to say I don''t want to go to Wembley in the playoffs.[/quote]

Don''t think we have much hope tomorrow night, and wonder if the injuries to both Holt and Askou are being played up a little so Lambert looks justified in resting them. (Isn''t there something about 6 of the players with the highest appreances have to play if fit?). Not sure on the exact rules but this might be a way to rest these guys and avoid getting a fine.

Expect to see Nelson, McDonald and potentially Gill, Dawkins, Hughes and even Jamie, although the later''s recent absence from the bench might suggest otherwise. Real shame McNamee can''t play tonight.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="pete_norw"]Look like they will be missing tomorrow night, could this be our last cup match ? not Worried myself, as we need to put league our main priority, and have to say I don''t want to go to Wembley in the playoffs.[/quote]

Don''t think we have much hope tomorrow night, and wonder if the injuries to both Holt and Askou are being played up a little so Lambert looks justified in resting them. (Isn''t there something about 6 of the players with the highest appreances have to play if fit?). Not sure on the exact rules but this might be a way to rest these guys and avoid getting a fine.

Expect to see Nelson, McDonald and potentially Gill, Dawkins, Hughes and even Jamie, although the later''s recent absence from the bench might suggest otherwise. Real shame McNamee can''t play tonight.

[/quote]

On the other hand, the FA might have told the match officials to help us to win along, with Leeds as they want a big pay day at Wembley, no they wouldn''t do that would they?

If Nelson plays we will lose. Simples.

I would be worried having him in the team againsta sh*t team at home let alone away to Southampton.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

On the other hand, the FA might have told the match officials to help us to win along, with Leeds as they want a big pay day at Wembley, no they wouldn''t do that would they?

[/quote]

I would think Southampton would tajke as many fans to wembley as we would so I don''t imagine the FA or the sponsors of the JPT have any real preference between a Leeds v norwich or a Leeds v Saints final.

Can see us losing this one without them two, Nelson and Doc don''t work so well do they?

[quote user="cityangel"]Can see us losing this one without them two, Nelson and Doc don''t work so well do they?[/quote]

Will be interesting to see if Lambert allows those two on the pitch at the same time. Maybe Stephens will get a run out. Can Russell Martin play centre back?

Will treat this game like every other in the JPT, a win is a bonus. Guessing Southampton actually care about the trophy though as they are unlikely to get promoted and winning something this year could turn a right-off of a year to a minor success.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

If players aren''t fit............they''re NOT fit![;)]

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Didn;t Francise find a load of fans when they went to the JPT and Carlisle or BRadford woul take decent followings , so frankly that is poppycock