Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Robert Green

National press reports linking him with a move to Chelsea. What did we get paid by West Ham and is there a sell on clause and if so what is the % of the profit if there is one

[quote user="First Jedi"]We don''t know.

Next![/quote]

This has been brought up so many times, I think I asked the question some time ago and there was no one that knew for sure... I guess we will have to wait and see.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]National press reports linking him with a move to Chelsea. What did we get paid by West Ham and is there a sell on clause and if so what is the % of the profit if there is one[/quote]

did we not wipe that clean instead of payin compensation for peter grant????

[quote user="superpaddyncfc"]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]National press reports linking him with a move to Chelsea. What did we get paid by West Ham and is there a sell on clause and if so what is the % of the profit if there is one[/quote]

did we not wipe that clean instead of payin compensation for peter grant????

[/quote]

yes.

This story has so many different rumoured strands to it. I thought we waived Ashton''s England appearance clause when Grant came to us.

Anyway, on a different note, could Greeno cut it at Chelsea? I know Chech has gone off the rails but there''s no way Greeno is as good as a pre-injury Cech, which is what they need.

[quote user="a1canary"]This story has so many different rumoured strands to it. I thought we waived Ashton''s England appearance clause when Grant came to us.

Anyway, on a different note, could Greeno cut it at Chelsea? I know Chech has gone off the rails but there''s no way Greeno is as good as a pre-injury Cech, which is what they need.[/quote]He stands on street corners smoking and drinking with his hood up.

[quote user="a1canary"]This story has so many different rumoured strands to it. I thought we waived Ashton''s England appearance clause when Grant came to us. Anyway, on a different note, could Greeno cut it at Chelsea? I know Chech has gone off the rails but there''s no way Greeno is as good as a pre-injury Cech, which is what they need.[/quote]

I''m not sure that he''s good enough. Shay Given is the best keeper in Britain as far as I''m concerned.

When Cech''s in goal for Chelsea at the moment he looks like a subbuteo goalkeeper, he stands with his arms in the air and feet planted, I sometimes look twice expecting to see some bloke behind the goal controlling him.

Green would be a better alternative and would probably be good for England with him having two of the back four playing in front of him.

Also he is a player I have a lot of respect for, when he left us he didn''t diss the club or make noises about moving beforehand like others. Good Luck to him.

If Chelsea were to buy Greeno, it could be the making or breaking of him. Cech is fantasti con his day and will probably number one. If Cech turns his game around, Greeno could be on the bench for some time to come and lose out on pushing for his Enlgand career... it will be a gamble if he goes there.

Just while on England and keepers, I see Paul Robinson is showing signs of getting back to his best under Big Sam...?

Greeno would be at Chelski so they could fill their English player quotient which is bound to come in soon... And according to football manager he has no sell-on clause...

IIRC the story at the time was that we would receive 15% of any profit made on Ashton & Green. For Peter Grant I believe we wrote off the money due if Ashton played for England.Don''t hold me to any of this though!

[quote user="a1canary"]This story has so many different rumoured strands to it. I thought we waived Ashton''s England appearance clause when Grant came to us. Anyway, on a different note, could Greeno cut it at Chelsea? I know Chech has gone off the rails but there''s no way Greeno is as good as a pre-injury Cech, which is what they need.[/quote]

but he''s better than post injury Cech, who is slowly costing them the title with every mistake he makes.

I don''t want Green to move to Stamford Bridge as I can''t see him being first choice there. I also want Green to fill David James'' boots in the England squad when James retires, and I don''t think he will if he''s sitting on the subs bench all the time (mind you Foster is 3rd choice at Old Trafford)

if he do have a sell on clause with green - and west ham made a swap with green going to chelsea and joe cole going in the other direction would we have a % of joe coles sell on clause!?

The fee was £1.5m plus an add on of £0.5m.

If I remember correctly NCFC Plc. receive 15% (i dont think its 20%) of the PROFIT from his sell on fee.

Re Grant - it was Ashton''s add on that was negotiated away.

So lets hope Green goes to Chelsea for say £8m or £10m........  then 15% of say £6m would be a useful £900k.