Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

We're out the mickey mouse trophy!

No i won''t if we wern''t in the cup to win it, we might have well said here you go whoever we played first, have a win, we don''t want to play in this comp.....

and WHY COULDN''T WE DO BOTH?

nearly everyone seems to have this either or attitude.....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]No i won''t if we wern''t in the cup to win it, we might have well said here you go whoever we played first, have a win, we don''t want to play in this comp.....

nearly everyone seems to have this either or attitude.....[/quote]G.P the league is far more important. Yes it would have been nice to win both but if Saints win it and fail to get promoted and if we win promotion who do you think will be happier?

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]Hardly a tragedy!

Promotion is the main aim. Win saturday and v Millwall and we forget about this [Y]
[/quote]

You''re right,but being so bloody close is gutting! I hate penalties!!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]No i won''t if we wern''t in the cup to win it, we might have well said here you go whoever we played first, have a win, we don''t want to play in this comp.....

nearly everyone seems to have this either or attitude.....[/quote]

Agreed GP - I think the fact we played pretty much a full side tonight showed Lambert thought we could do both. Cruel way to lose but there we are. Just the league to concentrate on now

Saints have a 10 point deficit... and it could end up us against them in the Play-off final, and now they will be quite happy they can beat us on Penalties....

the league is most important, but did anyone tell Sir Alex that when Man.u won the triple or double/s, and just decide oh, lets not bother with these cups.....

obviously we need to go back up, but just that bit of extra confidence could help us next year, plus when are we next likely to get to a cup final?

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]Hardly a tragedy!

Promotion is the main aim. Win saturday and v Millwall and we forget about this [Y]
[/quote]

Or in the words of Martin O Neil winning is a habit - whatever you are in you should want to win it. When lower teams like Carlisle and Yeovil can break down our pattern of play then I dont hold out much hope against the top teams and we haven''t beaten one yet.

It is annoying being out of a tournament that we had a good chance of winning, but lets just get over it and remind ourselves that now we can concentrate totally on the league. It also reduces our fixtures for the season, reducing player fatigue for league games. Let''s not forget that now Leeds have at least 1 FA  and 2 JPT extra cup games than us, who have none as we are out of all tournaments. This increases the chance of a  Leeds key player getting injured :-)

To be fair though, Gingerpele, we have played Saints twice at their place and not lost on either occasion, so that would have to count as a decent omen if we had to play them in the play-offs. Am sure at our place we would have turned them over, but those away cup draws counted in the end (and we did win one and lose one in terms of Penalty shoot outs).

Incidentally, talk about lucky - Saints were given a bye in the first round and then drawn at home each subsequent round. Should have seen the writing on the wall all along!!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Incidentally, talk about lucky - Saints were given a bye in the first round and then drawn at home each subsequent round. Should have seen the writing on the wall all along!![/quote]At least they had to play us and Charlton; if you want luck of the draws, look at Leeds. Bye in the first round followed by three tame home draws against lowly League Two opposition. Should be more of a test against one of their bogey teams Carlisle in the area final.