Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

NELSON!!!!!!!

Nelson and MacDonalds penalites were both very good, just very good saves by the keeper.Gills was straight down the middle.

[quote user="Barclayman"]When i see the Southampton equaliser 2moro if Nelson''s involved im gonna go mental.

[/quote]Doc headed it up in the air, it could have gone anywhere, simple tap in sadly.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]and the defence, for letting them score in extra time, and Macdonald, and Gill for missing.....[/quote]Blame Nelson more, if he''d have scored we were thru.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Barclayman"]When i see the Southampton equaliser 2moro if Nelson''s involved im gonna go mental.

[/quote]Doc headed it up in the air, it could have gone anywhere, simple tap in sadly.[/quote]Cheers AJ.How was Nelson''s performance overall?

Come on lads, we''re all gutted but there''s no sense in slating the players. Great performance again, let''s hope we can carry this sense of injustice into the next home game. I''m sure we will have a massive point to prove.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Gingerpele"]and the defence, for letting them score in extra time, and Macdonald, and Gill for missing.....[/quote]Blame Nelson more, if he''d have scored we were thru.[/quote]

Thats just silly.....Blame Lambert for taking Hoolahan off.....he can score pens...or blame Lambert for making Nelson take an important penanlty.....its a team game....not an iduvidual...

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Gingerpele"]and the defence, for letting them score in extra time, and Macdonald, and Gill for missing.....[/quote]Blame Nelson more, if he''d have scored we were thru.[/quote]

Thats just silly.....Blame Lambert for taking Hoolahan off.....he can score pens...or blame Lambert for making Nelson take an important penanlty.....its a team game....not an iduvidual...[/quote]Lambert didnt make Nelson take it, Nelson would have volunteered.

ITS NOT HIS FAULT 3 players missed penaltys, the whole team let in a goal in the last few seconds of the game to get to penalties, it is not Nelson''s fault for goodness sake, and i don''t even particularly like Nelson

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="Barclayman"]When i see the Southampton equaliser 2moro if Nelson''s involved im gonna go mental.

[/quote]Doc headed it up in the air, it could have gone anywhere, simple tap in sadly.[/quote]Cheers AJ.How was Nelson''s performance overall?[/quote]Very well actually. A very nervy start, but Doc was playing a blinder, and Nelson soon fitted in comfortably. Was generally solid, and was unlucky with the penalty really. Low and in the corner, but the keeper just got it right.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Gingerpele"]and the defence, for letting them score in extra time, and Macdonald, and Gill for missing.....[/quote]Blame Nelson more, if he''d have scored we were thru.[/quote]

Thats just silly.....Blame Lambert for taking Hoolahan off.....he can score pens...or blame Lambert for making Nelson take an important penanlty.....its a team game....not an iduvidual...[/quote]And good decision to take off Hoolahan. Keep it tight, Hoola has a habit of giving the ball away. Cody''s pace would trouble S''oton''s defence in the last 15 as well.If the defence had done its job we''d be thru. Doc played his part, scored a goal and at least got a header to the long ball at the death.Nelson missed his pen, christ i hate him more than Kennedy and Omozusi.

Why has there got to be someone to blame Barclayman?? We went out on pens and played well throughout,  anyone can miss a penalty.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Gingerpele"]and the defence, for letting them score in extra time, and Macdonald, and Gill for missing.....[/quote]

Blame Nelson more, if he''d have scored we were thru.
[/quote]

Blame MacDonald........blah blah.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="Barclayman"]When i see the Southampton equaliser 2moro if Nelson''s involved im gonna go mental.

[/quote]Doc headed it up in the air, it could have gone anywhere, simple tap in sadly.[/quote]Cheers AJ.How was Nelson''s performance overall?[/quote]Very well actually. A very nervy start, but Doc was playing a blinder, and Nelson soon fitted in comfortably. Was generally solid, and was unlucky with the penalty really. Low and in the corner, but the keeper just got it right.[/quote]Hmmmok ill cut Nelson some slack then. Not that im happy about it, still sounds like he was the weak link of the defence again, just like the Carlisle and Col U games. When is Lambert gonna give up on this donkey. He''s simply not good enough for a top 6 side wanting promotion.We must strengthen the CB situation in Jan if were gonna get promoted. We need a back up for Holt and Askou.

He has pretty much given up on him...he has only played when Askou is unavailable... Lambert obviously doesn''t really know much about the younger defenders such as Dumic yet... unfortunately...

Someone must have forgot Nelson scored a fantastic penalty in our last shootout.

To me, if you score a confident penalty in the last round, likely chance you''ll fancy one this round as well.

Fair play to him for stepping upto the first 5 PK takers. Unlucky he didnt score.

Saved money on a potential trip to Wembley. Would have been more gutted if we''d lost to MK Dons in the next round...

Our defensive inadequacies have cost us promotion tonight.  The money we would have been guaranteed from MK semi fnal at home + sky TV would have enabled Lambert to strengthen in January.  We have conceded 8 goals in the last 4 away games, and we will not finish in the top two - our defence is simply not good enough.  I have said it before and I''ll continue to say it  - Doherty is not good enough.  OK, he looks good when we are on top against very moderate opposition as we have seen in a succession of recent home games.  However, when put under any pressure he is not up to it!  I fear the worst against Huddersfield and Millwall.  Nelson is no good as a replacement and it is usually a disaster when the two play together.

Please take your heads out of the sand - Doherty must be replaced but now we have no money to do it.  What a shambles!

[quote user="Jen_Jen (:"]Blame Whoever Took Their Eye Off The Game In The Last 10seconds![/quote/]

Spot on, according to Salako the goal was down to us giving the ball away with some sloppy play and they end up equalising with the last kick of the game. Whoever gave the ball away should have been hoofing it as far away from our goal as possible at that late stage, so bloody annoying to concede such a late goal and then end up losing on pens. Not overly bothered about that competition but a 2 legged semi final and the final would probably have netted us a million quid, a trip to Wembley would''ve been nice as I haven''t yet been to the new a Wembley. On the plus side it sounds like we were the better team over the ninety minutes.

[quote user="Flashman"]

Our defensive inadequacies have cost us promotion tonight.  The money we would have been guaranteed from MK semi fnal at home + sky TV would have enabled Lambert to strengthen in January.  We have conceded 8 goals in the last 4 away games, and we will not finish in the top two - our defence is simply not good enough.  I have said it before and I''ll continue to say it  - Doherty is not good enough.  OK, he looks good when we are on top against very moderate opposition as we have seen in a succession of recent home games.  However, when put under any pressure he is not up to it!  I fear the worst against Huddersfield and Millwall.  Nelson is no good as a replacement and it is usually a disaster when the two play together.

Please take your heads out of the sand - Doherty must be replaced but now we have no money to do it.  What a shambles!

[/quote]Ahahahahahaha, brilliant! Cost us promotion - you utter plank. [:D] PS. Doc''s scored 3 goals in the last 2 games both of which we would have lost rather than drawn (in normal time) if it hadn''t have been for his goals, so it works both ways.

[quote user="Flashman"]

[/quote]

Mental illness is alive and well.

[quote user="Flashman"]

[/quote]You know Godwin''s Law (as an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1). Is this an example of Doherty''s Law (as a Pink ''Un thread grows longer the probability of Gary Doherty being blamed approaches 1)[:^)]