Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

moan moan moan!

I did not want us to get knocked out. I wanted us to continue to build momentum and I wanted a day out at Wembley.It may just be the Johnstons paint trophy, but this defeat is the hardest to take this season so far. Colchester was laughable, Leeds I still felt we had shown our credentials, but tonight - after really thinking I''d be seeing NCFC at Wembley for the first time - I''m gutted.

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]I did not want us to get knocked out. I wanted us to continue to build momentum and I wanted a day out at Wembley.It may just be the Johnstons paint trophy, but this defeat is the hardest to take this season so far. Colchester was laughable, Leeds I still felt we had shown our credentials, but tonight - after really thinking I''d be seeing NCFC at Wembley for the first time - I''m gutted.[/quote]From what I gleaned from radio biased tonight it doesn''t sound like we played that badly.I would have liked my day at Wemberly too, but its not the end of the world.

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]I did not want us to get knocked out. I wanted us to continue to build momentum and I wanted a day out at Wembley.

It may just be the Johnstons paint trophy, but this defeat is the hardest to take this season so far. Colchester was laughable, Leeds I still felt we had shown our credentials, but tonight - after really thinking I''d be seeing NCFC at Wembley for the first time - I''m gutted.
[/quote]

Carlisle? At least the players tried last night, Carlisle was woeful.

Best possible result. We played really well, didn''t lose the game itself, got knocked out in the lottery and can now concentrate on what REALLY matters this season.

Bring on Huddersfield!

Or could be a bad result and has knocked the wind out of are sails and we get demolished by Huddersfield.

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]Or could be a bad result and has knocked the wind out of are sails and we get demolished by Huddersfield.[/quote]I personally think that Lambo will definetly have them up for Saturday!!

I didnt want to us get knocked out, i was hoping for a trip to Wembley, and winning breeds winning. Someone texted into Canary Call that if weve already been to Wembley and won the JPT it would make any subsequent playoff final that bit easier on the day.

Especially considering the kids we have in the team at the moment.The seniors have played in front of large crowds and in big games. For players like Smith, Martin, Rudd etc playing at Carrow Road is the biggest stage theyve played on so far. Even the seniors that havent played at a high level, Holt, Askou, Hoolahan etc. A JPT trip to Wembley would have been great practice for a playoff final.

I was under the impression that we were going to play an under strength side to give players game time...?

Although I was all for us winning the game, was never sure we were going to win. I predicted a 2-2, but win on pens... so close.

This morning I am reflecting on the fall out of it all. I have to say that I would have rathered we went to Wembley in the JPT, no real pressure to win the game, than go there in the play-offs. So with last night''s result, we have nothing left to play for but the league... now let''s make sure we don''t have to go up the hard way and get in the top 2!!

OTBC!!

[quote user="B-ru"]I was under the impression that we were going to play an under strength side to give players game time...? Although I was all for us winning the game, was never sure we were going to win. I predicted a 2-2, but win on pens... so close. This morning I am reflecting on the fall out of it all. I have to say that I would have rathered we went to Wembley in the JPT, no real pressure to win the game, than go there in the play-offs. So with last night''s result, we have nothing left to play for but the league... now let''s make sure we don''t have to go up the hard way and get in the top 2!! OTBC!![/quote]

When do NCFC have anything other to play for than the league - absolutely hopeless in the FA and Carling cup every season our season is effectively over in Jan (when knocked out of FA cup) apart from the league.