Sign in to follow this  
The Dog

Nelson and Gill

I don''t blame them in anyway for missing their pens tonight as they had the balls to put themselves forward to take them when other senior players like Doc and Drury did not however i can''t help but fee they are not good enough to be Norwich Players.  in 2005 Cambridge turned Gill down as they did not think he offered anything, he passes sideways and backwards, is not a midfield enforcer, is not box to box player, quite simply he is not going to hurt teams in anyway! Nelson is a lower league journeyman who tries hard but is very limited and if we are serious about going up we need better players. It just shows how bad Gunn was when he made these two our joint vice captains for the season! Was Hughes injured tonight or left out in favour of Gill?

Penalties are a lottery and it''s a very small point: are not penalty takers decided in advance and possibly in order in a competition when you know it may go to that?

"Penalties are a lottery"

No they aren''t - they are a very acute test of skill and nerve. If they were a lottery, you''d be suggesting that me or my gran or anyone else had a good as chance as scoring as Matthew LeTissier or Frank Lampard - which is silly... my gran is waaaay better than LeTissier! :)

Joking aside - they aren''t a lottery.

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Penalties are a lottery"

No they aren''t - they are a very acute test of skill and nerve. If they were a lottery, you''d be suggesting that me or my gran or anyone else had a good as chance as scoring as Matthew LeTissier or Frank Lampard - which is silly... my gran is waaaay better than LeTissier! :)

Joking aside - they aren''t a lottery.[/quote]penalties are more like poker, yes there''s some degree of luck to it but there it also has a hell of alot to do with skill.

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Penalties are a lottery"

Joking aside - they aren''t a lottery.[/quote]good pointits all down to who''s got the balls and skill to score