Sign in to follow this  
SitTee

Norwich ask Col who for more tickets

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1906854,00.html

CITY have today again asked Colchester United to consider increasing the current allocation of 1,900 tickets they have made available to Canary fans for the game at the Weston Homes Community Stadium on January 16.

Colchester announced yesterday they did not intend to offer any further tickets but City Chairman Alan Bowkett urged them to reconsider their decision.

Today Norwich have again asked if more seats could be made available to Canary fans for the League One clash - with City taking on the full risk for any unsold tickets.

By not offering us more they are creating a serious security risk as Norwich fans will be deperate to get in to possibly one of the most anticipated matches in this league and will be willing to buy tickets in with the Col Who fans.Just shows how petty Colchester are.

To be honest he''s made their position clear and will look pretty stupid if he backs down now. can''t really see why we are pushing it.

I agree Mr Smith....... you seem a sensible chap....... good job I know that to be untrue :o)

[quote user="Jim Smith"]To be honest he''s made their position clear and will look pretty stupid if he backs down now. can''t really see why we are pushing it.[/quote]I think it at least shows us trying to negotiate. Also, it makes us look like we''re trying to avoid any potential crowd trouble which some of our fans seem to think is okay because it''s all Cowlings fault. Sure, he has to take some responsibility but at the end of the day if you do sit in the home end, you should keep your gob shut.

If they don''t change there mind then there will still be plenty of seats left in the Colchester ends.

They have a half empty ground every week, and you arent going to need a Col U membership to get in; it will serve them right if they end up with a 1,000 Norwich fans mixed in with the home support.

As long as you don''t insult them they can''t stop you watching a football game, just keep the colours covered to start with..and whats the worst that can happen, if they suddenly realise a group of a few hundred norwich fans have got in, drag everone out one by one..i don''t think so!

[quote user="They Call Me Gary"]By not offering us more they are creating a serious security risk as Norwich fans will be deperate to get in to possibly one of the most anticipated matches in this league and will be willing to buy tickets in with the Col Who fans.Just shows how petty Colchester are.[/quote]Yeh to be honest its brain dead... Now they are going to have Norwich fans all over the place.Its gonna be ugly and im sure the police are singing the praises of the Colchester boss as well who is doing nothing but making their job all the much harder !

[quote user="They Call Me Gary"]By not offering us more they are creating a serious security risk as Norwich fans will be deperate to get in to possibly one of the most anticipated matches in this league and will be willing to buy tickets in with the Col Who fans.
Just shows how petty Colchester are.
[/quote]

Against the tin pot, Sunday league team in their lego stadium? Surely not.