Sign in to follow this  
Smiffy

Last Night man of the Match without a doubt...

Daryl Russell again. He is the driving force behind the whole team was immense for the second time in a week. Can we really keep him in Jan? We need to!

yeah he will be here in feb, he is the HOLDING MIDFIELDER, AND NOONE notices what they do until they dont do it so if he continues to play how he is he will go un noticed to other managers [;)]

Noted as I finally caught up with the game last night that John Salako was bigging Russell up on Sky, "running the show", "pulling the strings", "tremendous" etc etc, hmm, Salako scouts for a couple of clubs as well, thats handy!!

Yes - agreed about Russell. Won tackles, interceptions, tried to move the ball forward when he could, and was the heartbeat of the team. His determination in winning a tackle that looked less than 50/50 in his favour helped set up the move for the second goal.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Yes - agreed about Russell. Won tackles, interceptions, tried to move the ball forward when he could, and was the heartbeat of the team. His determination in winning a tackle that looked less than 50/50 in his favour helped set up the move for the second goal.

[/quote]Shows what a good manager Lambert really is. Under Roeder Russell was a pale shadow of his true self and under Gunn he didnt care and wanted to leave.Lambert''s getting the best out the of players, look at the Doc, in the form of his NCFC career and finally scoring goals like a converted striker should be!Yes its League 1 but the point is the players are finally giving 100% and playing to the best of there ability. Something weve lacked for 3 seasons.

As much as I do hate to say it... maybe some of our players like Doc and Rusty have found their level?

Although Rusty didn''t play this role in the Championship so i''m willing togive him the benifit of the doubt there.

It''s a hard position to play in because if you do it well, you almost go unnoticed.  Fotheringham stood out precisely because he was inept.  Russell has become the heartbeat of the team in recent weeks, I''m glad to see he is back to his best.