Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

One Good Thing From Defeat

I was concerned that despite our form this season we have so far failed to beat the top 6 sides. Lost to Col U, drew with S''oton, drew with Charlton, lost to Leeds and MK Dons.According to Lambert Holt got assaulted and we should have had a free kick before the equaliser so we were an inept ref decision away from a 2-1 away win.This bodes well for any playoff match, which could very well be against S''oton. I want to see us beating the top 6 sides as well as the teams below as from 6-24 its much of a muchness, and teams are very poor. No wonder were winning. But im not getting excited about promotion until we start beating teams around us, cause if we cant we can forget promotion if we dont finish in the top 2. A Huddersfield win on saturday and I might, just might start to believe!Come on City!!!

It could also be kinda good for mentaility...

e.g there all angry they lost the game in that way, so go out and thrash Huddersfield...

We have been to St Mary''s twice now and arguably on both occasions been slightly unlucky not to win but have been a match for Saints on both occasions. If we get them in the playoffs we have nothing to fear as we know we can match them down there and I am confident we can beat them at home.

For me if there is a silver lining its a slightly less congested fixture list and avoiding a double header agains MK Thugs which would have no doubt resulted in numerous injuries if the league game is anything to go by.

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]Concentrate on the league now?[/quote]Would be a good idea to - I must admit that this season all I''ve really been looking at is us getting promotion, rather than silverware

I agree that we need to beat the teams in the top 8 - the next 3 games might decide the automatic promotion spots

We have Huddesfield , Millwall and Walsall

Charlton have 2 from the top and Brentford away

If we both win our games -We could still get an automatic spot but not so many games against the higher end teams remain

If City win their games and Charlton falter, then the odds on an automatic spot improve dramatically

If City fail over the 3 games - then its probably the paly off

Don''t give me all that rubbish that nothing is won in January

there are too many bum sides in this division and they are not going to take major points of Leeds and Charlton

How many of you thought that City would not get relegated last season, right up to the Charlton game when the stats showed a different picture from 5 weeks

away....

On the Ball City - now 3 straight wins and over take Charlton