Sign in to follow this  
aka_riise

The Premiership Years 92/93

Interesting observation whilst reminiscing about better days. The snakepit was completely empty in any footage shown!

When did people begin to populate this hotbead of support ;) Any kind of barclay over spill resulting from something?

Thinking back, I can''t remember when this switch over ever occured to becoming a place that was ever populated, let aloned mentioned as somewhere of note.

Was definitely full during the European adventure. Not that I was there, too young and I have a father from Ipswich , but that''s what my videos show.

Blimey, I haven''t managed to make it into the Barclay since it was rebuilt. it was just a low-roofed terrace on a hill with no-roo toilets at the back! Rather curiously, the burgers seemed to be in hot water too. Often would have one of those and a Barclay-End brew.

It was first used for the Munich home game as far as I can recall which would equate to around November 1993, I remember there being an almighty rush to get it finished and operative in time.

Still we have Col Who to amuse ourselves with these days.

[quote user="Bury Green"]

It was first used for the Munich home game as far as I can recall which would equate to around November 1993, I remember there being an almighty rush to get it finished and operative in time.

[/quote]

I was in there for the Munich game due to the ticket cock-up.  I think the fanzines noted that with its low roof it would be a good place to get a good noise going- also there was a general feeling of people getting slightly p*ssed off with being surrounded by teenies in the Barclay singing too fast and giving it large to the away fans, then legging it as quick as they could at the end of the game.  My lot were amongst the first to move over, but i drank too much beer in those days to remember exactly when it was [;)]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

I was in there for the Munich game due to the ticket cock-up.  I think the fanzines noted that with its low roof it would be a good place to get a good noise going- also there was a general feeling of people getting slightly p*ssed off with being surrounded by teenies in the Barclay singing too fast and giving it large to the away fans, then legging it as quick as they could at the end of the game.  My lot were amongst the first to move over, but i drank too much beer in those days to remember exactly when it was [;)]

[/quote]

Shouldn’t worry buddy, I was only 23 and full of beer that evening as well! 

Seems barely credible that here we are getting all revved up about some mangy pub team off the A12 (the other one) and for some of us getting on the plane to Milan seems like yesterday, happy days.