Sign in to follow this  
rocky marshall

Lambert to Reading/QPR

I reckon that Lambert and Co. will cash in their chips with their performances here an head off over the horizon VERY soon.

Remember where you heard it first!

Whats every one elses thoughts?

I think you''re right, they will probably go as soon as they are offered a decent Championship side, hopefully they will turn us into a decent Championship side before this happens, and will see no reason to leave.It would be illogical to expect much loyalty given their recent history.

Whatever his abilities, he hasn''t actually been anywhere long enough to build up much of a managerial cv yet. If he were to leave another club at short notice after a short period of employment he''d probably be more likely to do his reputation more harm than good whatever the offer. If all we are is a stepping stone then IMO Lambert has to stay with us at least two years to generate some managerial experience and a bit of managerial form upon which to negotiate his next step up the ladder. Personally I think that may be at the back of his mind but only as a safeguard since I believe he genuinely sees the potential at this club and can envisage the possibility of taking the next step (Champs level)  at least with us. So long as (and being us it''s quite a caveat) but so long as he gets adequate backing from the board I can see him being here for quite a while yet and that should suit us all.

In essence the foundations of a very good side are there; must get promoted first but I just cant see them hanging around and letting their ''bubble'' burst and then miss the opportunity. They have no money to spend and should we not go up the club will be up the creek.

QPR on the other hand have a volatile history with managers but if its a short term fix, then if Lambert leaves he has had a big impact at 2 of his recent clubs. Wycombe was decent too but it all ended in tears... Come to think of it so did ColU and could we be the third???

Watch this space I think!

[quote user="rocky marshall"]I reckon that Lambert and Co. will cash in their chips with their performances here an head off over the horizon VERY soon. Remember where you heard it first! Whats every one elses thoughts?[/quote]

Thought I read somewhere that Paul Hart been offered the QPR job and wouldn''t be at all surprised if Jim Magilton & Gorman are linked with the Sheffield Wed job ??

Yep, the QPR job looks inviting rather like sitting on a bucking bronco and seeing how long you stay on as opposed to staying on a decent nag heading towards the winning post

Of course any other club looking to appoint Lambert would have to be certain that were he to take the job he would not jump ship on them just as quick

Lambert might also consider that it is hardly the way to build up a reputation as reliable manager by skipping off again after so a short spell

............... same reason as the mad dog walker down the A140 is clinging on to his place at poorman road

I''m not convinced he would leave us just yet for either of these clubs. QPR is a poisoned chalice. The promised billions haven''t arrived and let''s face it they''ve hardly gone anywhere in the last couple of years.

As for Reading, they are supposedly up for sale and have been selling their best players with very little coming in.

While I think it''s likely he''ll leave in future I don''t think it will be to either of these clubs or this season.

Lambert is ambitious but I don''t think he''s Steve Bruce in disguise!

Davo

Far too much doom and gloom. QPR change their manager every 5 minutes and other than a bit of foreign  cash are a small club by our standards. Reading are a club in decline. I could only see our lot being tempted away if a TOP championship club wanted them. Grayson was happy to leave Blackpool a championship club to go to Leeds. Lambert is a shrewd man. he knows there is potential with Norwich and also that he is on his 4th club already and to date has not achieved too much with the first 3. He needs a settled period of success. His upper limit will be the championship regardless of which club he is at, so why not stick with Norwich

No chance, clubs will be looking at more experienced managers like Hart, Coppell, Magilton, Rogers, Curbishley, dare I say Roeder before they come looking at Lambert... OK, maybe not Roeder :)

Can you imagine any half decent managers wanting to go to QPR with that Chairman?

Since the massive investment there, you''d think the big names would be lining up to take charge-but no, its been a succession of has beens, almost, and I''ll go anywhere Managers....Gary Waddock (now at Aldershot), John Gregory, Luigi Di Canio, Iain Dowie, Paolo Sousa, Magilton-none big names, none that can come in and say "this is my club", no, all who listen to the Chairman say "this is my club" -he calls all the shots, including the football ones.

Lambert is ambitious, of course he see''s us as a stepping stone, and thw club knoiw it-but if he gets us up, and established in the CCC top 6-10, then who are we to argue? He would have been good for us, and us for him, thanks Paul, good luck and a warm reception whenever you come back here.

He''s here because he can see where we can go, and he is being given a free reign to do it his way. He wouldn''t get that at QPR, and he won''t go there for that reason-Hart is likely to get the nod, and, when he doesn''t win every game between now, and, lets see, April''ish by 5-0 without spending any money, he''ll get the Flavio boot as well.

Reading are in the sort of situation we were in when we went down-in chronic need of investment and an owner desperate to sell. They would have struggled regardless, and Coppell probably now thinks he left a year too late. I would expect Darren Ferguson to get approached by them, and, as for Sheff Weds, George Burley.

I reckon Reading will go for Darren Ferguson, he was denied permission to speak to them wasn''t he earlier in the year by Posh.

As for QPR I''d be surprised if anyone would be racing there due to the amount of managers they''ve had through the door recently.

Sheff W is only other vacancy and that will probably go to Nigel Worthington if you believe the speculation.

[quote user="Buckethead"]Whatever his abilities, he hasn''t actually been anywhere long enough to build up much of a managerial cv yet. If he were to leave another club at short notice after a short period of employment he''d probably be more likely to do his reputation more harm than good whatever the offer. If all we are is a stepping stone then IMO Lambert has to stay with us at least two years to generate some managerial experience and a bit of managerial form upon which to negotiate his next step up the ladder. Personally I think that may be at the back of his mind but only as a safeguard since I believe he genuinely sees the potential at this club and can envisage the possibility of taking the next step (Champs level)  at least with us.
So long as (and being us it''s quite a caveat) but so long as he gets adequate backing from the board I can see him being here for quite a while yet and that should suit us all.
[/quote]

couldn''t have put it better... He''ll get a rep like Iain Dowie has or Steve Bruce...

Moving twice in a year would be pretty poor and I doubt his wife would appreciate having to move after just getting the place how she likes it!

The word down here is that Darren Ferguson is firm favourite for the Reading job, as someone else pointed out Peterborough were approached when Coppell left but denied Reading permission to speak to them, can''t help but think that the fact Ferguson is currently out of work added weight behind the decision to sack Rodgers.

Other names which are being mentioned include Curbishley, Southgate and perhaps rather predictably, Magilton - I would be rather surprised if Reading went for Lambert given the fact there are some big names who are readily available.

With the greatest of respect to Lambert, but what exactly has he done to attract the attention? He''s taken a team that should be topping League One to the top of league one. He has no managerial experience above this league either.

No one will come in for him. He''s simply not done enough - and daft posts like the original post show just how much of an overreaction our fans have made about Lambert.

and the point of joining qpr would be . ?surely anyone with any sense who have taken over a club that got belted on the first game of the season then to take them to a good shot at promotion would want to see it through. im sure lambert would want that on his cv . if we get promoted he will stay .if not i think he will go at the end of the season .

Why would Team Lambo be tempted to take on a poisoned chalice like QPR? I think there are clubs that would interest him, such as Celtic or a good Premiership side, but I don''t think he would be interested in a Championship club at the moment (he says with everything crossed!).

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]Why would Team Lambo be tempted to take on a poisoned chalice like QPR? I think there are clubs that would interest him, such as Celtic or a good Premiership side, but I don''t think he would be interested in a Championship club at the moment (he says with everything crossed!).[/quote]

Panic over, the said clubs have filled positions without the help of PL and co  (Talk sport)

[quote user="CabbageArmy"]

Shutup you f*kn idiot whoever started this thread!

Why are you contemplating weather our manager is gunna go after half a season?

YOUR A MUG!

[/quote]

So profound, he write it twice... [:^)]

And what''s that about the weather? I heard it''s going to snow.