Sign in to follow this  
@NYCANARIES

Had my say on that muppet at Colchester..

[quote user="colufan"] 

No, as I recall you were too busy chucking season tickets at the old one and booing the players off the pitch.

[/quote]Yeh that fat bloke tripping over on his way to throw his ticket at uncle fester was funny !Lambo really proved he wanted to impress McNally though didnt he !How much did you lot get in compensation again...oh yeh... not even a ripped up Norwich season ticket ;)

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]So 18,000 people chucked their season tickets at the manager now? That would have been quite a sight.[/quote]take the 000 of that Graham and you have the entire Colechister fan base !!!18 if you ran out of fingers and thumbs boys ;)

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="colufan"] 

No, as I recall you were too busy chucking season tickets at the old one and booing the players off the pitch.

[/quote]

Yeh that fat bloke tripping over on his way to throw his ticket at uncle fester was funny !

Lambo really proved he wanted to impress McNally though didnt he !
How much did you lot get in compensation again...

oh yeh... not even a ripped up Norwich season ticket ;)
[/quote]

The operative word is yet.....

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]So 18,000 people chucked their season tickets at the manager now? That would have been quite a sight.
[/quote]

Not questioning the booing though - and the subsequent slating of players who are suddenly heroes again.

[quote user="colufan"]

Not questioning the booing though - and the subsequent slating of players who are suddenly heroes again.

[/quote]

Which ones ??? Half that starting XI are back up or fringe players now...

you donkey

Hows that binner striker doing btw ?

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]ye what a great article, someone''s been collecting facts. I''ll address one of your many mistakes, we haven''t given you an extra allocation because we will sell it out ourselves. There around 2000 tickets left with a month untill the game which we fully expect to sell, there''s nothing we want more than to beat you AGAIN
[/quote]

Of course you do it''s your cup final

xxx

Ned

Sorry to put a dampener on your post but you havent quite got the maths right - the average gate of 4500 INCLUDES away fans - the actual usual attendance from home fans is less.

I''ve got no bones over the fact that Colchester chose not to increase the away allocation - in a bizarre kind of way it could work against them - not from a financial point of view, but from the fact that a lot of Norwich fans - including those that might not have gone to the game - will now be buying tickets for the home stands.  Colchester could end up being outnumbered at home

I''ve got no gripe against  Col U or their fans - I think we make more of an issue of it becuase of the opening day result than their fans do.  And although they have a smaller fan base thats geographical rather than their fault - sandwiched between the Binners and West Ham.  They joined the league in the 50s - years after some of their local ''bigger'' rivals - so they havent got a long history for people to associate with.  But they are in the same league as us - and they are pretty much level with us and are a major obstacle to our promotion hopes - so to belittle them, call them a ''tiny club'' can only rebound on us.  If anything they have reasons to hate Ipswich as much as we do, so that makes them more natural allies than enemies

The operative word is yet.....

[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF-kezGy8Vs

Enjoy, chorus is catchy
[/quote]

Funny...we''ll still have the money though.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

Ned

Sorry to put a dampener on your post but you havent quite got the maths right - the average gate of 4500 INCLUDES away fans - the actual usual attendance from home fans is less.

I''ve got no bones over the fact that Colchester chose not to increase the away allocation - in a bizarre kind of way it could work against them - not from a financial point of view, but from the fact that a lot of Norwich fans - including those that might not have gone to the game - will now be buying tickets for the home stands.  Colchester could end up being outnumbered at home

I''ve got no gripe against  Col U or their fans - I think we make more of an issue of it becuase of the opening day result than their fans do.  And although they have a smaller fan base thats geographical rather than their fault - sandwiched between the Binners and West Ham.  They joined the league in the 50s - years after some of their local ''bigger'' rivals - so they havent got a long history for people to associate with.  But they are in the same league as us - and they are pretty much level with us and are a major obstacle to our promotion hopes - so to belittle them, call them a ''tiny club'' can only rebound on us.  If anything they have reasons to hate Ipswich as much as we do, so that makes them more natural allies than enemies

[/quote]

Excellent post. As I said elsewhere, hopefully the bitterness between the two clubs will subside.

[quote user="colufan"]

[/quote]No you wont, because your dumb ass chairman has decided to lower our allocation cos hes a big cry baby so you wont be getting all that extra away seat allocation.Which is the only money you will be getting out of us , Re: LambertYou lot got any strikers that aint binner loans ?we might need a back up for Holt

For the record i havent had an issue with colchester fans eitheralthough i do resent the fact you lot comming on a NORWICH forum looking for sympathy im affraid your not gonna get many people who want to actually have a serious debate and you will get more tossers like me who find it more amusing to wind you up than actually give you a fair chatDont get me wrong, if i had any mates who were Colchester fans id love to sit down over a few pints and right the footballing wrongs between the clubs, but as it stands i dont and this is an internet forum !

[/quote]

No you wont, because your dumb ass chairman has decided to lower our allocation cos hes a big cry baby so you wont be getting all that extra away seat allocation.
Which is the only money you will be getting out of us , Re: Lambert

You lot got any strikers that aint binner loans ?
we might need a back up for Holt
[/quote]

We''ll get compensation for Lambert, it''s just the amount in question. If none was due your club wouldn''t have been negotiating.

As for money for tickets, we''ll sell most of the home areas out so we''ll have the money anyway. Plus we''re not short a few bob and the "binner loan" will be a fully fledged Col U player by the time we play you.

[quote user="gcb...norwich"]Pathetic little club Colchester...enough said![/quote]

The quality of debate on the Pink Un just keeps tumbling down.....

[quote user="colufan"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="colufan"]

Funnily enough I don''t recalling you outsinging us at Carrow Road......

[/quote]

We were too busy scouting your manager mate
[/quote]

[/quote]

We were too busy being impressed with your manager.... who was he by the way & how''s he doing?

[quote user="colufan"] 

We''ll get compensation for Lambert, it''s just the amount in question. If none was due your club wouldn''t have been negotiating.

As for money for tickets, we''ll sell most of the home areas out so we''ll have the money anyway. Plus we''re not short a few bob and the "binner loan" will be a fully fledged Col U player by the time we play you.

[/quote]Joking aside as well..im affraid you will be lucky to get a half eaten curley wurley out of it.Lambert resignedDoubt McNally would have made the approach if he thought it would effect the club financially, belive hes got a background in law also

[/quote]Joking aside as well..im affraid you will be lucky to get a half eaten curley wurley out of it.Lambert resignedDoubt McNally would have made the approach if he thought it would effect the club financially, belive hes got a background in law also[/quote]Well according to our resident Colchester season ticket holder, several less frequent visitors and your own comedy Chairman: We haven''t been negotiating. We''ve been accused of ignoring you, not replying to your letters, making you an offer substantially below your expectations etc etc but we haven''t ever been accused of negotiating, quite the contrary in fact. We made you an offer which you chose not to accept. None of us are aware of the terms of that offer or exactly what the offer was for so the making of the offer at the moment cannot be taken as ''proof'' of any wrongdoing, it may simply have been a goodwill gesture made without prejudice. So I''m inclined to go with Mike and agree you''ll be lucky to get anything out of it. You might have done had Cowling kept his lip buttoned but since you can afford to write off £30-50k in ticket sales (and now the news that so many NCFC fans have tickets for the home end has broken  I would expect Police intelligence to insist on a far higher far more costly presence at the match too so make that probably closer to £75-100k), you have deliberately aggravated your perceived losses ergo any costs/damages awarded would be reduced anyway. Just as a benchmark of the mans inability to grasp the situation let''s just briefly revisit his latest tirade against us. Let''s look closely at the piece where he perceives that the losses are being minimized due to the large takeup of tickets from the ColWho fans: "Tickets are already selling quickly for this game

and, as the game draws ever closer, more and more people are getting on

board to watch the U''s in action.So this is the U''s fans opportunity to really demonstrate their support for our club, in our town, in our stadium".
Well yes he''s correct in so far as the tickets are already selling quickly but his bonfire is going to be well and truly pi$$ed on when he learns that it''s the Norwich fans who are buying them!![:D]

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="colufan"] 

[/quote]

Joking aside as well..
im affraid you will be lucky to get a half eaten curley wurley out of it.
Lambert resigned
Doubt McNally would have made the approach if he thought it would effect the club financially, belive hes got a background in law also
[/quote]

Well according to our resident Colchester season ticket holder, several less frequent visitors and your own comedy Chairman: We haven''t been negotiating. We''ve been accused of ignoring you, not replying to your letters, making you an offer substantially below your expectations etc etc but we haven''t ever been accused of negotiating, quite the contrary in fact. We made you an offer which you chose not to accept. None of us are aware of the terms of that offer or exactly what the offer was for so the making of the offer at the moment cannot be taken as ''proof'' of any wrongdoing, it may simply have been a goodwill gesture made without prejudice.

So I''m inclined to go with Mike and agree you''ll be lucky to get anything out of it. You might have done had Cowling kept his lip buttoned but since you can afford to write off £30-50k in ticket sales (and now the news that so many NCFC fans have tickets for the home end has broken  I would expect Police intelligence to insist on a far higher far more costly presence at the match too so make that probably closer to £75-100k), you have deliberately aggravated your perceived losses ergo any costs/damages awarded would be reduced anyway.

Just as a benchmark of the mans inability to grasp the situation let''s just briefly revisit his latest tirade against us. Let''s look closely at the piece where he perceives that the losses are being minimized due to the large takeup of tickets from the ColWho fans: "Tickets are already selling quickly for this game and, as the game draws ever closer, more and more people are getting on board to watch the U''s in action.

So this is the U''s fans opportunity to really demonstrate their support for our club, in our town, in our stadium".

Well yes he''s correct in so far as the tickets are already selling quickly but his bonfire is going to be well and truly pi$$ed on when he learns that it''s the Norwich fans who are buying them!![:D]

[/quote]

No-one has said you were not negotiating, just that negotiations had now ceased. In fact your own Chairman has said you were in the esteemed "Pink Un"....

"Much was made about the amount of compensation due to Colchester when Paul Lambert and his management team arrived. At what stage of negotiations are the two clubs at? And will it be likely to go to be sorted out soon?

Alan Bowkett:

In reply to B-ru - We are still in negotiations with Colchester as regards compensation and in fact I had a meeting with the Chairman of Colchester last week. Sadly, we are still substantially apart but I am hopeful an amicable resolution will be made eventually."

If nothing is due why negotiate at all? We''ll get some money, there will be no points deduction and it has bugger all to do with events surrounding the 16th January.

[quote user="colufan"]

If nothing is due why negotiate at all? We''ll get some money, there will be no points deduction and it has bugger all to do with events surrounding the 16th January.

[/quote]

The only person who''s made it to do with 16th Jan is Cowling. His comments yesterday were ridiculously inflammatory. I don''t think there''s any Norwich fan who really wants to have a rivalry with Colchester - I don''t see what the fans have got to do with it.

If I can interrupt the name-calling, is there anyone who actually knows what the situation re: Lambert is? As I understand it, Norwich approached Colchester to speak to Lambert, all above board. Lambert then resigned and joined Norwich. Are Colchester claiming an illegal approach, or is the issue just over the appropriate amount of compensation? If so, why did Cowling ask for a points deduction (apart from the fact that Norwich are ahead of Colchester in the league)?

Genuine query.

I think the point about Cowling''s comments being inflammatory is the important one here. Given that there appears to be no checks of the type Charlton were doing for our final game of last season to ensure only genuine Col U supporters buy home tickets (perhaps your Chairman might like to explain why not?), and given also the already "tense" nature of the relationship between the two clubs, perhaps it would be more sensible for those at the top to try and calm things down. If it all kicks off at the match how is Cowling going to justify his actions?

And how great it was to score 7 in a ''Cup Final''. Your are quite right of course - we havn''t got Crimbo decorations down here. All the shops in the High St are decked out in blue and white with Good Luck messages stuck in the windows ahead of our biggest match EVER. A Civic Reception is planned after an open top bus tour because we have to acknowledge the audacity of our club to actually be on the same pitch as the World reknowned Norwich City.

By the way, the originator of this thread lost all its credibility, quite apart from having factual errors, when he announced he was blogging from the Soccer hotbed of the USA and therefore really on the pulse of the unfolding story.

To the Colchester fans - I don''t think anyone would have been at all bothered about the ticket allocation if your chairman hadn''t made such an incredible tit of himself this week.  The fact that he dangled the carrot of more extra tickets in an interview "we could do this but we won''t because...", before taking it away because of the Lambert approach makes him incredibly small-minded, and his inflammatory comments suggest that he is unaware of his greater responsibility to public safety.  All he has managed to do is make some fuss out of a non-story, which will sell a few papers and upset a few fans.

im the first to admit delia is not my favorite charactor yet i feel she acts profesional. i find it hard to believe a club can let another club talk to thier manager and then start playing up about it afterwards wanting a big fine and a points deduction . on what grounds colchester ? hardly a illegal approach . then to cut thier noses of to spite thier face by not letting norwich have more tickets and losing money in the process is nothing short of pathetic. why want us to have a big fine yet not take the money from the gate..?

you need to sit down colchester and look at how you are making club look silly in the media . i do hope when a decision is made regarding the paul lambert situation who ever makes that decision can see how pathetic colchester is acting .

Would this Idiot at Colchester want City to have points deducted if we were struggling in the league instead of pushing for promotion? He obviously sees us as a threat and is frightened that we will be going up this season instead of them. In regards to refusing the extra away tickets for Norwich fans, Cowling is showing how childish and immature he is and I hope come the transfer window in January he will be over 30K short of the funds he needs to strengthen his squad (funds which would have come his way if he''d released more tickets for the City supporters). Better still, if Norwich and Colchester go head to head  for the same player in the January transfer window, City should offer 30K more than Colchester.