Sign in to follow this  
@NYCANARIES

Had my say on that muppet at Colchester..

Meet The Stupidest Man In Football

One day this man may regret his petty behaviour.

One day this man may regret his petty behaviour.

Let me introduce you to Robbie Cowling, the Chairman of Colchester United Football Club, a man who is so angry at Norwich City that he is going to let his hate stop him from making SIXTY FOUR THOUSAND POUNDS on January 16, 2010. That’s when Colchester United host Norwich City in League One.

United’s home, the Weston Homes Community Stadium, holds 10,000 punters and this season they have averaged around 4,500 a game. That leaves 5,500 empty seats. Colchester United have given Norwich just 1,900 tickets, leaving 3,600 seats– seats that Norwich fans would snap up if they were available, and seats that would bring Colchester the 64,000 smackers.

That’s a lot of money for a tiny club like Colchester in this economic climate, don’t you think? You need only read our ‘broke ass Tuesday’ posts yesterday for proof of how the recession is catching up with football.

So why is Cowling refusing to sell out his ’stadium’? Well, it’s simple, he is a child– a bitter, angry immature juvenile.

Cowling is still angry over manager Paul Lambert’s departure from Colchester to Norwich, a move that Cowling himself agreed to. Sure, he had no choice: Lambert wanted to leave for a bigger club. But ever since Cowling has done nothing but complain and act in a puerile manner, like a toddler throwing a fit in the supermarket.

When Lambert moved from the U’s to Norwich, Cowling and Norwich Chief Executive David McNally couldn’t agree on a fee, so the mutual understanding was that Lambert would leave and compensation discussions would carry on until there was a mutual arrangement. That’s when Cowling got stupid and greedy, asking for a ridiculous sum for Lambert’s services. At that point it’s best to go to arbitration and let the FA decide the sum.

Recently, Cowling has been obnoxious, spouting publicly how Norwich stole his manager and that the club should be docked points. If this idiot had a brain, he would have agreed to a fee up front before letting his man leave; instead he has all the business sense of Freddie Laker. Now he wants to lose out on 64,000 smackers out of spite? What a tit.

Cowling has been fueling what he calls a ‘derby’ (Ipswich is our only real derby; Colchester are just a small team 55 miles away) over the last few days, telling all who will listen how much he wants to win the game and how important it is for him to beat us:“I’m not sure I have ever wanted to win a game of football so badly, therefore, on this occasion, I will do everything in my power to stack whatever odds I can in our favour and if that does mean an empty seat rather than an away supporter then so be it”.

Norwich Chairman Alan Bowkett yesterday criticized Cowling’s actions:“We urge them to reconsider their decision, as it seems a shame to potentially stop Norwich City supporters who want to go and watch the game from doing so when the demand is clearly there. Ban me from the match but not our fantastic and vocal fans!”

Earlier this season, Colchester handed the extra tickets to Leeds for the clash at the tiddly Weston Homes ground, but it appears that Cowling is scared of what effect 6,000 or so singing Norwich fans will have on the outcome of a game he is deperate to win. Pathetic really. Maybe he should worry about why he can’t sell the seats to Colchester fans week-in, week-out instead.

When we stuff Cowling’s team, I hope the papers make note of how much money he could have had if he wasn’t acting like an acrimonious idiot.

Up the City!

[quote user="Norfolk Ned"]..In the world of tiny football clubs with no supporters.[/quote]

Great work Ned. Makes a lot of good points without resorting to the name calling that is all to prevalent in the posts from the  supporters of our tiny neighbours.

ye what a great article, someone''s been collecting facts. I''ll address one of your many mistakes, we haven''t given you an extra allocation because we will sell it out ourselves. There around 2000 tickets left with a month untill the game which we fully expect to sell, there''s nothing we want more than to beat you AGAIN

Sell it yourselves ??I heard all 12 Colchester Village fans already had tickets as did Vicar Braithwaite and Ethel the tea lady...how you gonna sell 2k ?

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]ye what a great article, someone''s been collecting facts. I''ll address one of your many mistakes, we haven''t given you an extra allocation because we will sell it out ourselves. There around 2000 tickets left with a month untill the game which we fully expect to sell, there''s nothing we want more than to beat you AGAIN[/quote]

Well that''s ironic because there''s nothing we care less about than your lot. We have considerably bigger fish to fry. Isn''t it interesting that you evidently have no real footballing rivalry, such is your irrelevance and lack of any history, that you have to try and manufacture a rivalry with a considerably bigger team up the road. I pity you really.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Sell it yourselves ??I heard all 12 Colchester Village fans already had tickets as did Vicar Braithwaite and Ethel the tea lady...how you gonna sell 2k ?[/quote]because we''ve been looking forward to this one for a long long time, its our biggest league game since Yeovil when we got promoted we''ve already sold 6,500 or something like that, there''s still a whole month til the game

[quote user="canaryjock"][quote user="evertoniancolufan"]ye what a great article, someone''s been collecting facts. I''ll address one of your many mistakes, we haven''t given you an extra allocation because we will sell it out ourselves. There around 2000 tickets left with a month untill the game which we fully expect to sell, there''s nothing we want more than to beat you AGAIN[/quote]

Well that''s ironic because there''s nothing we care less about than your lot. We have considerably bigger fish to fry. Isn''t it interesting that you evidently have no real footballing rivalry, such is your irrelevance and lack of any history, that you have to try and manufacture a rivalry with a considerably bigger team up the road. I pity you really.[/quote]I liked Norwich, I was disappointed when you got relegated, but then you illegaly stole our manger just one week into the stadium, acting in a completely unproffesional manner, so now we don''t like you. This game is Lambert''s return and also we beat you 7-1 last time, hence its a huge game for a small club like us. This won''t be a permanent rivalry, once Lambert walks out on you because he recieves a better offer the hatred will probably die out

ye what a great article, someone''s been collecting facts. I''ll address one of your many mistakes, we haven''t given you an extra allocation because we will sell it out ourselves. There around 2000 tickets left with a month untill the game which we fully expect to sell, there''s nothing we want more than to beat you AGAIN

Sell it yourselves? Only with Norwich fans in the home sections. Your gates this year suggest different. Or are you saying that Colchester fans are fair weather supporters who crawl out of the wood work only when roused by their idiotic Chairman?

[quote user="Norfolk Ned"]

Sell it yourselves? Only with Norwich fans in the home sections. Your gates this year suggest different. Or are you saying that Colchester fans are fair weather supporters who crawl out of the wood work only when roused by their idiotic Chairman?

[/quote]

But Ned it doesn''t matter whether we will sell them or not. It''s our ground, it''s our home game and we can do what we like with tickets providing we give you at least the minimum the Football League require us to and we are giving you nearly double that.

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Sell it yourselves ??I heard all 12 Colchester Village fans already had tickets as did Vicar Braithwaite and Ethel the tea lady...how you gonna sell 2k ?[/quote]because we''ve been looking forward to this one for a long long time, its our biggest league game since Yeovil when we got promoted we''ve already sold 6,500 or something like that, there''s still a whole month til the game[/quote]How ironic ?Your our smallest game since Yeovil !!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Sell it yourselves ??I heard all 12 Colchester Village fans already had tickets as did Vicar Braithwaite and Ethel the tea lady...how you gonna sell 2k ?[/quote]because we''ve been looking forward to this one for a long long time, its our biggest league game since Yeovil when we got promoted we''ve already sold 6,500 or something like that, there''s still a whole month til the game[/quote]How ironic ?Your our smallest game since Yeovil !![/quote]so why are you so fussed about not getting extra tickets? I bet we''ve given you a lot most other League 1 Clubs have, if you don''t care about us what''s your issue?

Issue is with your chairman discriminating against our club !I think we should take this to the FA and demand a points reduction !See if we got the correct amount of tickets that shows our status properly we wouldnt be moaning.We cant get even 1% of our support down to your garden shed while you have the whole village attending and still have acres of space !

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Sell it yourselves ??

I heard all 12 Colchester Village fans already had tickets as did Vicar Braithwaite and Ethel the tea lady...
how you gonna sell 2k ?
[/quote]

because we''ve been looking forward to this one for a long long time, its our biggest league game since Yeovil when we got promoted we''ve already sold 6,500 or something like that, there''s still a whole month til the game
[/quote]

How ironic ?
Your our smallest game since Yeovil !!
[/quote]

so why are you so fussed about not getting extra tickets? I bet we''ve given you a lot most other League 1 Clubs have, if you don''t care about us what''s your issue?
[/quote]

Exactly - if it''s such a small game then your fans won''t be bothered about missing it will they. After all if we are your smallest game since Yeovil you won''t need more tickets than enough for the 1000 odd fans you took down there will you.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Issue is with your chairman discriminating against our club !
I think we should take this to the FA and demand a points reduction !

See if we got the correct amount of tickets that shows our status properly we wouldnt be moaning.
We cant get even 1% of our support down to your garden shed while you have the whole village attending and still have acres of space !
[/quote]

Oh my sides are splitting.........

Bit late off the train there ?Wouldnt expect much less from a village inbred though :(You lot are just scared that we will blow the roof off your garden shed and the 10% of our fan base that turns up will out sing your entire home fan base ;)Rather pathetic really im affriad.Now jog on back to your Colechister Village webpage, if you even have the Itrahwheb in Colechister yet !

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Issue is with your chairman discriminating against our club !I think we should take this to the FA and demand a points reduction !See if we got the correct amount of tickets that shows our status properly we wouldnt be moaning.We cant get even 1% of our support down to your garden shed while you have the whole village attending and still have acres of space ![/quote]Discriminating? YOU''RE GETTING 20% OF OUR GROUND YOU UNGRATEFUL SODS! I think we only have to give you 5% or something equally as small

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]Discriminating? YOU''RE GETTING 20% OF OUR GROUND YOU UNGRATEFUL SODS! I think we only have to give you 5% or something equally as small[/quote]You guys need a bigger stadium then to befit a team of our size and stature.We expect the royal treatment, red carpets, complementory drink all the jazz that befits us. And if you oiks dont turn up to the match in suits, your Right Back cant come in wearing his greasy over alls hes been wearing to perform his day job ! Suited and booted or not at all.oh wait... hang on... it is big for a village ground you say ?Wait for it wait for it..My Sheds......... you know the rest ;)

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Bit late off the train there ?
Wouldnt expect much less from a village inbred though :(

You lot are just scared that we will blow the roof off your garden shed and the 10% of our fan base that turns up will out sing your entire home fan base ;)
Rather pathetic really im affriad.
Now jog on back to your Colechister Village webpage, if you even have the Itrahwheb in Colechister yet !
[/quote]

Funnily enough I don''t recalling you outsinging us at Carrow Road......

[quote user="colufan"]

[/quote]We were too busy scouting your manager mate

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="colufan"]

[/quote]

We were too busy scouting your manager mate
[/quote]

No, as I recall you were too busy chucking season tickets at the old one and booing the players off the pitch.