Sign in to follow this  
CJ

Fringe players fail

Interesting that all THREE yes that was three failures to convert came from Nelson, McDonald and Gill who do not play regularly.Sorry they would have been at bottom of list to take pens, where was Doc and Hoolahan!Not at all happy at Lambert

[quote user="CJ"]Interesting that all THREE yes that was three failures to convert came from Nelson, McDonald and Gill who do not play regularly.Sorry they would have been at bottom of list to take pens, where was Doc and Hoolahan!Not at all happy at Lambert [/quote]He''ll be handing in his resignation tomorrow.

Just because the keeper saved the pens doesn''t mean they were crap penalties.  A crap penalty is a complete miss or a fluffed one.  If the keeper guesses the correct way, there''s not much you can do.

Why are you unhappy at Lambert? I didnt see him miss a penalty.

Hoolahan was giving the ball away, if Lambert had kept him on for ''penalties sake'', that would have given our team loads of confidence given we were 2-1 up at the time! Not!

[quote user="CJ"]Interesting that all THREE yes that was three failures to convert came from Nelson, McDonald and Gill who do not play regularly.Sorry they would have been at bottom of list to take pens, where was Doc and Hoolahan!Not at all happy at Lambert [/quote]Yep, definitely Lambert''s fault that we conceded a goal with the last kick of the game, and that their keeper pulled off two decent stops. FFS it was a penalty shoot-out, I am far more annoyed that we''ve conceded 5 goals away from home in the last two games. Let''s be honest though, we did not play our strongest line up tonight and still dominated 75% of the match, so it''s not all bad!

[quote user="AJ"]I''d rather get promoted, in honesty..[/quote]Didn''t realise that came with being knocked out prior to the final in the JPT?... Well if thats the case, someone forgot to tell Scunthorpe last season.

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="AJ"]I''d rather get promoted, in honesty..[/quote]Didn''t realise that came with being knocked out prior to the final in the JPT?... Well if thats the case, someone forgot to tell Scunthorpe last season.[/quote]Jokes AJ. [;)][Y]

[quote user="CJ"]Interesting that all THREE yes that was three failures to convert came from Nelson, McDonald and Gill who do not play regularly.Sorry they would have been at bottom of list to take pens, where was Doc and Hoolahan!Not at all happy at Lambert [/quote]If Nelson hadnt have commited a professional dirty foul then it could have been 3Gill is a fringe playerCody, after playing in goal for us and being the first Norwich GK of the campaign to keep a clean sheet, you can not even speak ill of him !If you want the Saints side of it, i was listening to Radio Solent as im living 1 hour from Southampton, they blamed Grant Holt.Why ?Because he was faking injury off the field when Saints grabbed the equaliser so we were down to 10 men vs an over load.THINK before you post garbage CJ

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="AJ"]I''d rather get promoted, in honesty..[/quote]who would''nt though mate?[/quote]

moi!

[/quote]Lets be fair here though Banana... You are a banana.

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="AJ"]I''d rather get promoted, in honesty..[/quote]who would''nt though mate?[/quote]

moi!

[/quote]Lets be fair here though Banana... You are a banana.[/quote]Just an apple short of a fruit salad!

25 grans was hardly a big gamble . gunn did bring us a striker who can score goals of what norwich have lacking for a few seasons .

and a defender who can be solid at the back .

every manager brings in good players and some who just dont make it .

i would have holt over any of roeders or grants front men .

[quote user="singing canary"]25 grans was hardly a big gamble . gunn did bring us a striker who can score goals of what norwich have lacking for a few seasons .

and a defender who can be solid at the back .

every manager brings in good players and some who just dont make it .

i would have holt over any of roeders or grants front men .[/quote]he cost 100k with a 20% sell on clause

Cody McDonald (born 30 May 1986) is an English footballer who currently plays as a striker for Norwich City. He joined the club on 2 February, 2009 from non-league Dartford on a one-and-a-half year contract for an undisclosed fee,[1] reportedly £25,000—[2] a deal that included an agreement that Norwich would visit Dartford for a friendly match before the 2009–10 season.[3]

Contents [hide]

1 Club career

1.1 Dartford

1.2 Norwich

2 References

3 External links

[edit] Club career

McDonald started his career playing for Valley Swifts[4] in the Braintree & North Essex Sunday League[5] before being spotted by Witham Town.[6] He made his debut at Witham aged 16 and stayed at the club for more than four years.[7]

[edit] Dartford

McDonald continued to turn out for Valley Swifts even after his move from Witham to Maldon Town in July 2008, before signing for Isthmian League Premier Division side Dartford in October 2008. Dartford put a stop to his Sunday League exploits[8] and in his short 4 month stay at Princes Park he made 20 appearances scoring 19 goals in all competitions[9], including a hat-trick against Canvey Island on 30 December, 2008. It was form such as this which attracted interest from higher league clubs such as Norwich and reportedly Crystal Palace, Charlton and Reading.[10] On 26 January 2009, McDonald was accompanied by Dartford manager Tony Burman to Norwich City''s training ground at Colney for a two day trial at the club and the Darts boss later commented that "he (McDonald) enjoyed the experience and in my opinion did not look out of place over the two days" on the official website of Dartford F.C.[11].

[edit] Norwich

On 2 February 2009, it was announced that McDonald had joined Norwich City on a one-and-a-half year deal for an undisclosed

this could be wrong . you could be right to be honest i would rate him about 100k .

my point was i think gunn takes more stick than he should , no one can say otherwise that askou and holt were not good signings . i belive his to be better than roeders and grants . and i understand why gunn was so keen to keep hold of hoolihan and give martin and lappin another crack. suely for bringing in or keeping 3 players that have banged in 50 goals between them deserves some credit .

Maybe Cody doesn''t like taking penalties...

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1720815,00.html

"Lets be fair here though Banana... You are a banana."

That actually made me chuckle.

Anyway, pens are always a lottery, if we''d have won everyone would have been saying how well Forster did not how bad Soton''s pens were. And vice-versa. Plus it''s just the JPT...