Sign in to follow this  
willo

Matthew whats his name on Radio narfolk

He just does not cut it as a presenter of anything to do with Norwich City.

Tonight the conversation focusses on the Wolves selection policy and its merits. Mr Gudgeon comes out with the real winner,"Can you imagine Mike Walker not picking his beat team in that last game of the season at Liverpool in front of the Kop stand"

Er, no, he left some three months before, numbnuts.

It''s every bloody week, surely there must be somebody at Auntie Beeb who is also a norwich supporter, with a bit of knowledge on the club, it''s so embarrassing.

[quote user="willo"]He just does not cut it as a presenter of anything to do with Norwich City. Tonight the conversation focusses on the Wolves selection policy and its merits. Mr Gudgeon comes out with the real winner,"Can you imagine Mike Walker not picking his beat team in that last game of the season at Liverpool in front of the Kop stand" Er, no, he left some three months before, numbnuts. It''s every bloody week, surely there must be somebody at Auntie Beeb who is also a norwich supporter, with a bit of knowledge on the club, it''s so embarrassing.[/quote]

Have you ever seen him in the same room as Bly[:^)]

[quote user="Big Slob"]He''s not a football man, more of a cricket fan.[/quote]Cricket is his number 1 sport you are correct there but to say he doesn''t really follow football is mental. I genuinely don''t get why people post stuff on here as fact when they don''t know. Gudgin is very much a canaries fan whether or not you agree with his presenting or not don''t diminish his name with inaccuracies.

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"][quote user="Big Slob"]He''s not a football man, more of a cricket fan.[/quote]Cricket is his number 1 sport you are correct there but to say he doesn''t really follow football is mental. I genuinely don''t get why people post stuff on here as fact when they don''t know. Gudgin is very much a canaries fan whether or not you agree with his presenting or not don''t diminish his name with inaccuracies.[/quote]I didn''t say anything regarding his ability to present or not, nor did i every say he wasn''t a Norwich fan, i think you''re diminishing his name more than iam, by the simple fact you haven''t got the decency to spell his name right. I also never said that he didn''t follow football. I would class myself as a football man like many others on here, i was just trying to point out that he isn''t as he''s more of a cricket man. So get your facts right before posting such utter "inaccuracies"

[quote user="Big Slob"][quote user="Master J-Do Pur"][quote user="Big Slob"]He''s not a football man, more of a cricket fan.[/quote]Cricket is his number 1 sport you are correct there but to say he doesn''t really follow football is mental. I genuinely don''t get why people post stuff on here as fact when they don''t know. Gudgin is very much a canaries fan whether or not you agree with his presenting or not don''t diminish his name with inaccuracies.[/quote]I didn''t say anything regarding his ability to present or not, nor did i every say he wasn''t a Norwich fan, i think you''re diminishing his name more than iam, by the simple fact you haven''t got the decency to spell his name right. I also never said that he didn''t follow football. I would class myself as a football man like many others on here, i was just trying to point out that he isn''t as he''s more of a cricket man. So get your facts right before posting such utter "inaccuracies"[/quote]Apologies if you didn''t mean it in the way I read it. It''s just that he is a "football Man" but just follows cricket as well. Sorry if i took it the wrong way, just get frustrated on here how people can easily change things to match there grudges.PS. I did spell his name right Stick out tongue [:P]

[quote user="Big Slob"]Looking at it now i can see that, as i didn''t phrase it very well.I''m afraid it''s Gudgeon not Gudjin[/quote]It really is Gudgin. I just double checked on the BBC website.Yay, we are best friends again.

[quote user="wedgie"]He is as bad a Chris Boreham, bring back Bumfrey in the mornings[/quote]Just shows that it takes all sorts. Mr Bumfrey''s bombastic Jeremy Clarkson style talking about absolutely nothing in particular was the biggest reason for me turning off radio Norfolk almost permanently. Sure he''s a nice bloke but on the radio I loathe his voice. Give me Gudgeon/Gudgin and Goreham in the mornings everytime while I wait for the footy news on the half hour. Oh and I can tolerate any presenter''s lack of detailed knowledge about the club - they all have to start somewhere. (Why, there''s a few on here who cannot even recall Hugh Curran and John Manning....).

You are joking.  Bumfrey is unlistenable with his constant self promotion and inane comments.  Goreham is enthusiastic and willing to allow others to talk.   I stopped listening to the breakfast progarmme with Bumfrey but tune into Goreham now.

Goreham is passionate whereas Gudgeon is just terrible and just doesnt know football well enough in order to be confident in presenting football on RN

Disagree, I think the coverage is excellent including Goreham, Gudgeon and Adams. By the way, I dont work for the BBC!

Let''s face it, you are never going to have any really good broadcasters working in local radio. If they were any good and/or ambitious they would move to the smoke and work in Broadcasting House.