Sign in to follow this  

our support was woeful tonight

90% sat down in near total silence for the whole game. that was shocking tonight, one of the worst norwich away ends ive ever been in.

[quote user="SouthamptonCanary"]The support was not bad last night, the problem is at St Mary''s they make you sit down or chuck you out[/quote]

Really?

when i went, i sat in the home end (a friend of my Grandad got us tickets....) and everyone was standing up.....

[quote user="marchisio"]90% sat down in near total silence for the whole game. that was shocking tonight, one of the worst norwich away ends ive ever been in.
[/quote]

I take it that you want everyone to know that you went to the match. Well, so did 800+ others. 

"Look at me, look at me." 

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I get sick to death with tossers coming on this board and having a go at our support.

Merry Christmas[/quote][Y]Talk about taking it for granted eh?

I think the thread title is misleading, our support in terms of numbers was very impressive for such a long journey. However the atmosphere and vocal backing was very poor compared to normal games, and for once I have to admit I was very quiet too!!

[quote user="marchisio"]90% sat down in near total silence for the whole game. that was shocking tonight, one of the worst norwich away ends ive ever been in.[/quote]

You''re talking complete nonsense. I was there and thought our support was great as always. Blimey, a Tuesday night on the South Coast near Christmas for the Tin Pot Trophy, I thought our turn out and support was brilliant.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]I think the thread title is misleading, our support in terms of numbers was very impressive for such a long journey. However the atmosphere and vocal backing was very poor compared to normal games, and for once I have to admit I was very quiet too!![/quote]correct!!!!

I went and i''ve lost my voice due to it. Compared to usual we were quieter but what did we expect from a game like that in a meaningless competition, anyway compared to the Saints, our support was incredible. There fans were heavily outnumbered by empty seats. Except the empty seats probably made more noise, their ground is way too big for them.

Very harsh!

Very good turnout on a cold Tuesday night near Xmas in what is realistically a 3rd rate competition. Remember the old ZDS cup from the early 90''s when we had a couple of home crowd only just over 4000?

St Marys is also a big soulless bowl that was less that half full on Tuesday. The stewards are rather obsessed with making fans sit down, so its no surprise that the atmosphere may of been down a little!