Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

game called off

when was the list time we had a game called off due to bad weather? I can remember Brighton at home about 5 years ago fell foul of a floodlight failure, but since the under soil heating has been in have we had one called off? Coventry at home in 92 springs to mind.

[quote user="Clean Shirt"]Wasn''t their a game up at Sunderland a few years ago can''t remember specifics tho[/quote]Surely the last away game was Burnley a couple of years ago due to a small puddle in one corner. We then had the rearranged fixture midweek and lost 3-0 with a team of kids.

Jas, don''t use a thread title like that again please! Had me worried for a minute there...

[quote user="PBTC"][quote user="Clean Shirt"]Wasn''t their a game up at Sunderland a few years ago can''t remember specifics tho[/quote]

Surely the last away game was Burnley a couple of years ago due to a small puddle in one corner. We then had the rearranged fixture midweek and lost 3-0 with a team of kids.
[/quote]

I think (anorak time) that it was actually away at Luton that was postponed after that - I think we had two called off in the space three weeks in early 2007. Burnley was first, followed by Luton. I think...

You''re right! Had forgotten that one as it was called off nice and early, whereas Burnley was an hour or two before kick-off I think...

portsmouth away in 99 on halloween 31 oct. got all the way there and they called it off due to being water logged without norwich officials there. i remember talking to bryan hamilton who was livid and even took me and my mates onto the pitch to show us it wasnt bad!!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

Jas, don''t use a thread title like that again please! Had me worried for a minute there...

[quote user="PBTC"][quote user="Clean Shirt"]Wasn''t their a game up at Sunderland a few years ago can''t remember specifics tho[/quote]

Surely the last away game was Burnley a couple of years ago due to a small puddle in one corner. We then had the rearranged fixture midweek and lost 3-0 with a team of kids.
[/quote]

I think (anorak time) that it was actually away at Luton that was postponed after that - I think we had two called off in the space three weeks in early 2007. Burnley was first, followed by Luton. I think...

[/quote]

A typical jas thread title............misleading![:S]

you can all thank a very close person to me for the under pitch heating so the game is on today [:)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A typical jas thread title............misleading![:S]

[/quote]

i like to keep you all on your toes

Blackpool September 2000 while Bryan Hamilton was in charge.

We drew them in the league cup, got there about 6pm, weather lovely except for a very dark cloud out over the Irish Sea which headed straight for us, the heavens opened about 7.00 with thunder and lightning and by 7.20 there was a river running down the street. Got in to find the Blackpool ground staff prodding tentatively at a flooded pitch with garden forks.  Ref delayed it for half an hour to see if things would improve, but no.  A long journey back to Norfolk but at least we saw the illuminations!

Also a Sunday lunchtime game at West Brom in the late 90s was called off because it started snowing heavily about an hour before kickoff and the lines were obscured.  I was a Capital Canary then and we had very good relations with the London Baggies who always took us to their local, which did a superb plate of faggots peas chips and gravy.  Someone called the pub while we were still there so we just stayed until it was time to get the train back and got completely legless [B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B]