Sign in to follow this  
grinner

thin ice svensson

hope hes not rocking the boat our mr svensson.dont like his tone much.it will cut no ice with n w.i could have stayed in the stands or on the bench at chalton,well maybe but you cant demand a place in the team just because you think you are the best at the club.theres something about this guy i cant put my finger on just yet a bit suss.hope iam wrong.otbc.

Svensson is simply, and rightly in my opinion, frustrated that Roberts gets to start ahead of him. I think you are maybe reading too much into it - he wants to be part of it, on the pitch, and I just wish that others in the squad were equally eager to get in the team. Are you listening, Mulryne/Rivers etc?

These comments were reported by the Press, not always noted for their accuracy. Sven has noted something most of us have and properly made his frustration felt.

Worthy would be worried if any worthwhile player was happy polishing the bench with his backside and picking up his dosh each week a la Mark Rivers, this is an entirely acceptable situation and if it gives NW food for thought all the better.

Svensson to play Sunday.

I think Svensson has a point. I was one of those who said before Bradford that Hucks should play with Iwan up front and I think it''s generally accepted now that a big man with DH is the best way. Iwan''s had some good games but has looked a little off the pace for a game or two. I say give Svensson his chance (he came on and got reet stuck in to the animals on Tuesday night). If nothing else, we all know that Iwan can come on and do a good job with 15-20 mins left.

peter, these comments were made also on tv. he said he had been in to see n w. hope he can hold the ball up if he plays.not seen him do much of that yet. when he has played that is of course.

Most opinion here is thatSven is right to vent his frustration, and I can only agree. When we get promoted Nigel will have a real selection dilemma needing to rotate the squad to include Rivers and Easton, or perhaps he won''t.

I too think he may well have a case, as I am sure Mackenzie has.. the lad has done nowt wrong scoring like he did.. I do feel a little for both of them.. But if it isn''t broke don''t fix

I think that Svensson has a point, he certainly makes an impact when he comes on and lets face it, Big iwan can''t keep playing every game at his age so he is going to get his chance soon I believe. I think NW is being very clever, getting Svensson hungry for a chance so that when it comes to him he will work very hard to keep that place

i think easton. rivers,could be long gone by next season peter.but these points are what makes a good site like this work.we are all good bosses from time to time.onwards and upwards.

"Hope he can hold the ball up. not seen him do too much of that"

Well I haven''t seen Iwan Roberts hold the ball up for a while either, as he never got anywhere near it in the last two games!!! A lot of City fans automatically think of Iwan Roberts as a handful, someone who can hold the ball up, win headers and score goals. Well if you look carefully, the stats don''t back that up.

He was no handful against West Ham, and not much of one against WBA. He doesn''t hold the ball up because he''s nowhere near it, he didn''t win any one-against-one headers and I haven''t seen him score for a while. In fact he doesn''t even draw fouls by falling over forwards anymore, he just gives them away.

Svennson is a great asset, international class, premiership pedigree footballer, and with all due respect to the toothless wonder, he has not been in that class for some time.

Not sure I''d class Svensson as international class, but I agree with the sentiment that Svensson should be ahead of Roberts in the pecking oder.

Well he played a fair few games for Sweden, and I think they are ranked nearly as high as England in the FIFA listings. He''s been in and around their set-up for a few years, and although Robbo has been on and off with Wales, well ..... it''s Wales, isn''t it?

im fully behind his comments to the press, should without question be in the team, COME ON SVEN !!!!!

i can''t see n.w keeping the same team again. changes have got to be made and it has to start with svensson-on, roberts-off. mcveigh''s performances have dropped recently. should he be on the bench soon? would we see mulryne on the right with either brennan or hucks on the left. that would leave svensson and mckenzie upfront which i believe is the right thing to do at this stage of the season.

"If it aint broke don''t fix it" says one poster but what if its not completely broke but on its last legs.

Thanks for the memory Iwan.

Svensson to terrorise any of the jokers Binners care to play, result other than convincing victory on Sunday will certainly dent my new found confidence and a couple of nervous months to look forward to.

People keep saying that Roberts can hold the ball up. Well i don''t think he''s done much of that in the last two games. Svensson can hold the ball up but he hasn''t been given the chance to show what he can do for a whole game. No player is going to come on and show what he can do in 20mins, every player needs a run of games to judged on and i hope that svensson gets his chance. Roberts has had his run of games and the goals to game ratio speaks for it''s self. It''s time to start with our strongest team and i''m afraid roberts doesn''t start. Svensson has got the right to say he should be starting, because it''s so bloody obvious. If i were Mckenzie or Svensson i would have to be saying to myself "how am i still sitting here on this bloody bench". OTBC

Yep Grinner , svensson seems to have a problem with his ego ! , maybe he thinks he`s slumming it by playing for a first div club ? , if so I dont think it will cut any ice with NW !! ,
if he thinks HE can choose the team he`s in for a shock .......................... he should shut his gob and let the MANAGER pick the team !........ Worthy will soon know if this swede is actually a couch potato LOL

What crap! In the last two games Roberts has looked poor and when Svensson has come on the team has gone up a notch - if svensson doesn´t start against Ipswich he has a fair cause to gripe. He is just indicating that he is itching to get on the field and play, as is McKenzie. Don´t see Rivers doing the same.