Sign in to follow this  
lounge lizard

Club or Country?

Has always, and will always, be club rather than country for me. Reasons:
1) I have no affinity with an England side made up of highly paid ''primadonnas'' from clubs with hateful glory hunting fans.
2) Norwich City fans, in my experience, are some of the most knowledgable and good-hearted set of supporters. Compare this with the thuggish demeanour of the majority of England fans.

Always been club for me.  I remember being asked a long time ago if I would prefer England to win the World Cup, or Norwich to win the Premier League/League Championship.  It was always the second - amazing to think between 89-90 we almost had both!

[quote user="lounge lizard"]Has always, and will always, be club rather than country for me. Reasons:
1) I have no affinity with an England side made up of highly paid ''primadonnas'' from clubs with hateful glory hunting fans.
2) Norwich City fans, in my experience, are some of the most knowledgable and good-hearted set of supporters. Compare this with the thuggish demeanour of the majority of England fans.
[/quote]

Quite a far reaching statement Lounge Lizard. Can you back this up at all, personnal experience etc? or do you just read The Sun!

[quote user="Patriot15"]

[quote user="lounge lizard"]Has always, and will always, be club rather than country for me. Reasons:
[/quote]

Quite a far reaching statement Lounge Lizard. Can you back this up at all, personnal experience etc? or do you just read The Sun!

[/quote]

My thoughts also Patriot. Saying the majority of England fans are thugs is such a load of cobblers!

I go to all the England home games I can get to (and have done since 1998), as to quite a few Norwich fans and that statement is so far wide of the mark its untrue!!!  Most Engalnd fans that have been going years are pretty fed up with the happy clappy fans that have come along in recent times!  Get your facts right before you type such drivel!!!!

"CLUB"                        

Get knocked out of euro''s or world cup i won''t lose any sleep.Lose one league match i''ll sulk until the following matchday maybe longer dependant on the result.  

[/quote]

Always Club, but i do love following England both home and away. Best one yet was in Albania in 2001 with my good friends Benjamin and Luke. I think you should think before you type about the behaviour of England fans these days mate.

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

[/quote]

Always Club, but i do love following England both home and away. Best one yet was in Albania in 2001 with my good friends Benjamin and Luke. I think you should think before you type about the behaviour of England fans these days mate.

[/quote]

PC gone mad, same old Arthur. [;)][:D]

As a regular at England games I haven''t come across any trouble for a while now. That statement about all all England fans is a wide of the mark as it can be. I''d expect that from Sepp Blatter, not another Englishman. My guess is you haven''t been to see for a while now.

True mate, out of all the England away games ive been to, most trouble has been started by members of the press { take note camul } paying or buying England fans drink to throw a bottle or burn a flag or local money. thats a fact.

On my trip to Albania my nephew Gavin from The Coachmakers smuggled all sorts back, rumours have it he even smuggled a young child through customs and kept him in his cupboard as a slave. But the best part was when his twin brother was looking through his photos of Tirana laughing away then suddenly his mood changed when he realised a young Albanian boy was wearing his cap. He was not impressed that this grubby looking kid who probably had nits was sporting his cap.......maybe you had to be there.

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

On my trip to Albania my nephew Gavin from The Coachmakers smuggled all sorts back, rumours have it he even smuggled a young child through customs and kept him in his cupboard as a slave.[/quote]

I wish to point out he is not a paedo!!!