Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

No additional ticket allocation for Colchester-Norwich game

[quote user="colufan"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I bet you couldn''t tell me what it is about "the way we went about the Lambert appointment" that began it all. And whatever it is I fail to see what the Lambert appointment has to do with the ticket alloctaion on January 16th.

[/quote]

You created ill feeling between the clubs with the way you went about the appointment - playing dirty as some of your fans have called it. It''s how we see it in Colchester even if you don''t quite get it.

And I fail to see why we should give you more than the official away ticket allocation. Even if you say please.

[/quote]

I certainly didn''t. You may believe that my club did. You must know what it is though if it''s created ill-feeling between the fans. So why don''t you spill the beans?

There''s no reason why your club should give us more tickets than you are required to but that isn''t what''s causing the ill-feeling either. It''s the comments from the guy with the big gob that''s doing that. Specifically stuff like "Therefore, on this occasion, I will do everything in my power to stack whatever odds I can in our favour and if that means an empty seat rather than an away supporter then so be it"

Now you may well sell these seats to casual football fans. Some may be Norwich fans and some Ipswich fans. But they sure as hell won''t be Colchester fans will they? Because as I understand it your gates only top 5,000 when they are increased by a significant number of away fans.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

Nutty - at the end of the day we haven''t really been ''punished'' by Colchester - we have been given the usual away allocation.  Most clubs dont fill that - we can (and will oversubscribe in all probability).  Col U CAN segregate other areas of the ground but chose not to take that option this time.  As I have mentioned previously this involves moving Col U season ticket holders.  I dont know where you usually sit at CR but imagine being told by the club you''ve got to move from your seat because an Ipswich fan wants it.  Doubt you''d be happy and you''d probably complain to the club

Its tough luck on us but there you go... I''d rather sit with Norwich fans, but havent had a season ticket for a few years (kids put an end to that - couldnt afford it) and havent got enough away stubs - therefore I''m unlikely to get an away end ticket.  So I''ll sit with the Colchester fans, keep my mouth shut (out of respect for the majority of ColU fans as well as my own safety) and will hopefully come away having seen a Norwich win

[/quote]

I do understand this. I have never suggested that Colchester are under any obligation to increase our allocation or indeed should morally. I don''t believe it''s the decision that''s causing the friction between the fans. It''s the statement attatched to that decision. And while I sympathise with fans who had to be moved to accomodate the Leeds fans it should be noted that the guy with the big gob was more than happy to upset his own fans in return for "the Leeds Dollar".

fed up with Clochester Utd, their chairman & their very bitter fans?

Can we have a U''s free day tomorrow. Just ignore them & talk about something important.... 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I do understand this. I have never suggested that Colchester are under any obligation to increase our allocation or indeed should morally. I don''t believe it''s the decision that''s causing the friction between the fans. It''s the statement attatched to that decision. And while I sympathise with fans who had to be moved to accomodate the Leeds fans it should be noted that the guy with the big gob was more than happy to upset his own fans in return for "the Leeds Dollar".

[/quote]

True - to be honest I think most of those involved need their heads knocking together.  Norwich may not have come out of the whole thing particularly well, but neither have Colchester.  Shame really, you''d really think grown ups would act properly.....

[quote user="Mike Grant"]fed up with Clochester Utd, their chairman & their very bitter fans?

Can we have a U''s free day tomorrow. Just ignore them & talk about something important.... [/quote]In the meantime........Let''s start yet another thread on them! [:S]

[quote user="Mike Grant"]

fed up with Clochester Utd, their chairman & their very bitter fans?

Can we have a U''s free day tomorrow. Just ignore them & talk about something important.... 

[/quote]nothing better than fishing mate,and to be fair theese Colechister fans bite :)Kept me entertained tbh :) Nice change from the "Doc" and "Song for Holt" threads ! :)

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="colufan"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I bet you couldn''t tell me what it is about "the way we went about the Lambert appointment" that began it all. And whatever it is I fail to see what the Lambert appointment has to do with the ticket alloctaion on January 16th.

[/quote]

You created ill feeling between the clubs with the way you went about the appointment - playing dirty as some of your fans have called it. It''s how we see it in Colchester even if you don''t quite get it.

And I fail to see why we should give you more than the official away ticket allocation. Even if you say please.

[/quote]

I certainly didn''t. You may believe that my club did. You must know what it is though if it''s created ill-feeling between the fans. So why don''t you spill the beans?

There''s no reason why your club should give us more tickets than you are required to but that isn''t what''s causing the ill-feeling either. It''s the comments from the guy with the big gob that''s doing that. Specifically stuff like "Therefore, on this occasion, I will do everything in my power to stack whatever odds I can in our favour and if that means an empty seat rather than an away supporter then so be it"

Now you may well sell these seats to casual football fans. Some may be Norwich fans and some Ipswich fans. But they sure as hell won''t be Colchester fans will they? Because as I understand it your gates only top 5,000 when they are increased by a significant number of away fans.

[/quote]

Why should the statement you quote by Cowling be so provocative. Doesn''t your club do it''s best to stack the odds in its favour in home games? Isn''t that the point of having home games?

This obsession with gates is completely irrelevant. Yes we have small crowds and always have done. There are Colchester "followers" in the town who can''t be arsed to go regularly but pop up for the bigger games as there are for most clubs, but they have more right to a ticket for a Colchester home game than does an away supporter. That''s the way you start to grow support and our average gates, small as they are, are growing.

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

True - to be honest I think most of those involved need their heads knocking together.  Norwich may not have come out of the whole thing particularly well, but neither have Colchester.  Shame really, you''d really think grown ups would act properly.....

[/quote]

Well we don''t know do we? It seems there''s a disagreement with regard to compensation due which has brought on charges of wrong doing. Both these issues are now in the hands of the FA. The subsequent ill feeling is being caused by the statements of from one person. This is what is causing the ill-feeling between the fans.

Which is I believe the point Angel was making and why I enetered this thread.

Whilst that is true, id love to meet a City fan who genuinely feels anything other than indifference towards them.  It is no more a derby for us than Posh, Southend or even MK Dons. they are a side that we have never had to worry about (since they have always been rubbish) and despite these little games between our chairmen i would still say that Col Utd dont bother me one little bit.  Of course having said that it would be very satisfying to put them in their rightful place by spanking them 5-0.OTBC

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mike Grant"]fed up with Clochester Utd, their chairman & their very bitter fans?

Can we have a U''s free day tomorrow. Just ignore them & talk about something important.... [/quote]In the meantime........Let''s start yet another thread on them! [:S]

[/quote]

Is it tomorrow already? Gone fishing....

[quote user="colufan"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="colufan"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why should the statement you quote by Cowling be so provocative. Doesn''t your club do it''s best to stack the odds in its favour in home games? Isn''t that the point of having home games?

This obsession with gates is completely irrelevant. Yes we have small crowds and always have done. There are Colchester "followers" in the town who can''t be arsed to go regularly but pop up for the bigger games as there are for most clubs, but they have more right to a ticket for a Colchester home game than does an away supporter. That''s the way you start to grow support and our average gates, small as they are, are growing.

[/quote]

So why go to all that trouble for the Leeds fans?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="colufan"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="colufan"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Partly police advice as they didn''t want a thousand Leeds fans coming down and wandering the town or trying to get into the game.

Plus we''ll sell the tickets for the game against you.

Exactly!

"Old Big Gob" cares more about getting the "Leeds Dollar" than he does your fans who got inconvenienced. But now he wants thousands of fans he hasn''t got to buy tickets for this one. My silver lining to this particular cloud is the fact that the FA will be watching all of this with interest.

[quote user="dizgoo"]

Chill guys...

Col Who''s GREATEST EVER result was a draw at Yeovil to get them in the Championship.

Norwich City''s WORST EVER result was a draw at Yeovil in League One (first competitive League game against them).

Lambo will not allow us to lose at that pathetic little tinpot hole. They are nothing.

Our worst ever result? I thought it was a pretty good one! How about 1-7 to the little tinpot hole, as you call it?

[/quote]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Barclay hero"]

Nutty - at the end of the day we haven''t really been ''punished'' by Colchester - we have been given the usual away allocation.  Most clubs dont fill that - we can (and will oversubscribe in all probability).  Col U CAN segregate other areas of the ground but chose not to take that option this time.  As I have mentioned previously this involves moving Col U season ticket holders.  I dont know where you usually sit at CR but imagine being told by the club you''ve got to move from your seat because an Ipswich fan wants it.  Doubt you''d be happy and you''d probably complain to the club

Its tough luck on us but there you go... I''d rather sit with Norwich fans, but havent had a season ticket for a few years (kids put an end to that - couldnt afford it) and havent got enough away stubs - therefore I''m unlikely to get an away end ticket.  So I''ll sit with the Colchester fans, keep my mouth shut (out of respect for the majority of ColU fans as well as my own safety) and will hopefully come away having seen a Norwich win

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think it is a waste of time NN but I''ll try.  One of the joys of being a tinpot small club is that, since Rob Cowling took over, we have an Owner who by and large listens to the small number of fans we have.  I would go so far as to say that we like our Owner which, judging by this message board, may come as a surprise to some sets of fans at other clubs.  You don''t seem to be currently 90 per cent behind your current owner (s) but, as they say, that is your problem.

When he put up the season ticket prices the fans of the tinpot club complained, some ringing him up at home (do you ring Delia?) and so he changed his mind and lowered them. 

I believe we are far closer to our small club that many of your supporters will ever be to yours: not to the club per se but to the people running it.  No one can dispute how many more you have but, honestly, how close are you personally to the people currently running it?  I think we feel close this end.  You don''t personally seem happy with Delia and Co as but one example.

You made an illegal approach to one Manager who turned you down.  There is absolutely no argument about that one as the Manager reported it to his Chairman (as previously posted: see mystery pointless warning) and jacked up his salary as a result.  When that failed you turned to Colchester. 

Leeds is a bit of a red herring as previously posted but not entirely.  We were never going to fill the ground for Leeds - family groups a bit frightened of the reputation.  But those moved from the East Stand let rip with merry hell and I believe our Owner realised it was a mistake and won''t be repeating it.  How many of your fans will attend the players Christmas Party?  Some of ours did and subsequently rated the WAGS among other things!  Our Press Officer was pictured next to the Lois Lane lookalike and Elito was on the floor wearing a blonde wig.

I don''t feel you are all right behind your owner(s) this end.  We are! Small we are without doubt but with a similar passion to your goodselves I believe.

We think you attempted Might Is Right and we are not taken by it.

No doubt, in the far distant future, someone will nick either Lambert or McNally.  Will you be letting them go for free do you think with a thank you press release thanking them for their past services and wishing them well in the future?  Or will you be asking for money from someone?

[:O]  

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="colufan"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="colufan"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]You, and your fans, are SO close to your club that you spend more time posting on another club''s messageboard than you do on your own (''wonderful'', ''we''re all so close'') club''s.I''ve never been bothered by Colchester United before. In fact I''ve always quite liked all East Anglian clubs bar Ipshite. But you and you''re fellow fans constant bleating on this website is rapidly changing that. Did we have anything to do with the appointment of Lambert? No. I''m bored of hearing about it. If there is a fine, then NCFC will pay it and then move on. It''s a shame you cannot.

Camuldonum,

If we are not close to the club why do we keep winning so many community awards? I have spoken to the owners on many occasions and they & the board hold frequent meeting with supporters, so you are completely and utterly incorrect. I''m as close to my club as you''ll ever be to yours. Some people don''t like Delia, some do and as you say it''s our problem & not yours (I could not give a fly f**k about what you think of that idiot Cowlingor your club why do you care so much about ours?).

We have not made any illegal approaches to anyone and until proven otherwise, I suggest you stick to facts. You & the equally bitter Colchester Fans keep bleating on about an illegal approach yet fail to acknowledge that your chairman allowed us to speak to him. As someone said, you''d have to be very very stupid or naive to asume that we''d not be discussing his appointment at Norwich. I kind of guess that Lambert left when he realised that your childish tough boy was being completely unreasonable (I mean, he wanted to get lambert to agree money & a player as a deal.... how very quaint & utter daft :o) Also quite how you are going to prove we poached Lambert is beyond me. 

League "So Mr McNally did you offer the job to Lambert whilst still in contract"

McNally "No, after he resigned"

League "So Lambert why did you resign?"

Lambert "Because despite assurances, it was obvious the chairman would be unreasonable & I was in a no win situation after he allowed me to speak to McNally"

League "Case dismissed"

I reckon that we''ll end up paying you a sensible amount in compensation (not what you want) and we''ll move on..... somehow I doubt the barrow boy will....

We think you attempt might is right????  LOL! What next? You smell?

Lastly, Everton, Leicester & numerous clubs have "pinched" our  successful managers, I doubt very much that the club would use it''s official website to start hurling insults. We just get on with it behind the scenes in a professional manner. Maybe you should try it.....

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

I think it is a waste of time NN but I''ll try.  One of the joys of being a tinpot small club is that, since Rob Cowling took over, we have an Owner who by and large listens to the small number of fans we have.  I would go so far as to say that we like our Owner which, judging by this message board, may come as a surprise to some sets of fans at other clubs.  You don''t seem to be currently 90 per cent behind your current owner (s) but, as they say, that is your problem.

When he put up the season ticket prices the fans of the tinpot club complained, some ringing him up at home (do you ring Delia?) and so he changed his mind and lowered them. 

I believe we are far closer to our small club that many of your supporters will ever be to yours: not to the club per se but to the people running it.  No one can dispute how many more you have but, honestly, how close are you personally to the people currently running it?  I think we feel close this end.  You don''t personally seem happy with Delia and Co as but one example.

You made an illegal approach to one Manager who turned you down.  There is absolutely no argument about that one as the Manager reported it to his Chairman (as previously posted: see mystery pointless warning) and jacked up his salary as a result.  When that failed you turned to Colchester. 

Leeds is a bit of a red herring as previously posted but not entirely.  We were never going to fill the ground for Leeds - family groups a bit frightened of the reputation.  But those moved from the East Stand let rip with merry hell and I believe our Owner realised it was a mistake and won''t be repeating it.  How many of your fans will attend the players Christmas Party?  Some of ours did and subsequently rated the WAGS among other things!  Our Press Officer was pictured next to the Lois Lane lookalike and Elito was on the floor wearing a blonde wig.

I don''t feel you are all right behind your owner(s) this end.  We are! Small we are without doubt but with a similar passion to your goodselves I believe.

No doubt, in the far distant future, someone will nick either Lambert or McNally.  Will you be letting them go for free do you think with a thank you press release thanking them for their past services and wishing them well in the future?  Or will you be asking for money from someone?

[/quote]

I think you are confusing me with someone else Cam. The only reason I am on this thread is because I believe your owner is causing ill-feeling between the two sets of fans. He may well be saying what some fans want to hear but that doesn''t change anything. I''m speaking specifically about the statement attatched to the decision not to increase the tickets sent to our club. Not the decision or anything about what went on in the summer. However, the decision to actively encourage anyone who isn''t a Norwich fan to buy those seats in an area that''s full of Ipswich fans is not a very clever one in my opinion.

As for the rest of your post, well I''m afraid you seem confused who you are sending it to. I''m nutty! Remember? The Happy Clappy Deliarite who goes to games. I''ve spoken to our owners at places as diverse as Stockport and Stamford Bridge. Have sat next to Delia (by chance) at Maine Road. Have attended Delia''s away supporters parties with the players on quite a few occasions. These things aren''t unique to your club and the fans who follow my club don''t all subscribe to the views  that you have picked up from this message board. My club listens to the fans. The ticketing arrangements and other fan issues have been done with full consultation with the fans since the current owners have had the club. No they don''t listen to the fans about who should be manager, who we should sign or even how they should spend their money, but then neither do yours! Many Norwich fans are behind the clubs owners. Even their fiecest critics will accept that.

Maybe you should use the football message boards to supplement your football experience instead of letting them be your football experience. What you read on here is the views of a very small percentage of fans, many of whom don''t or can''t make games. These people are no less fans than anyone else but their views will be those of goal highlights and others opinions. They are at the mercy of the media. They will not see who is at Stockport away on a Tuesday night unless they are featured on goal highlights. However they will see what goes on at Paulton in the First Round of the FA Cup. Their opinion that they only see delia on the big occasions is their truth but of course the real truth is they only see when the media are there.

Do you think these statements from your owner are justified Cam? Don''t you think he would be better off keeping quiet. He could, after all said and done, still have refused a request for more tickets without making the statement he made.

Well said Nutty.  Even sensible Col U Supporters (they do exist) should be able to acknowledge that what Cam had said a bit up the page was patronizing tripe.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Barclay hero"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course you''re far closer to your West Ham supporting owner than us, they''re so few of you he probably knows you all by name. Yes we are far more questioning of our owner, and that is a good thing, Fans attending players Chritmas parties? That really is the stuff of non-league perhaps when your club finally takes a professional approach it might actually achieve something or convince a few people to turn up to games.

Not about the ticket allocation but I''ve heard that Keane is definatley recallling Lisbie for the 1st Jan so thats good news isn''t it as these Ipswich players are always a thorn in our side?

[quote user="Camuldung"]

[/quote]

Listen Dung Hack.

Unlike your lovely fans, when Lambert does go, most of us will wish him well!

Finally, and with zero respect............**** OFF

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Well said Nutty.  Even sensible Col U Supporters (they do exist) should be able to acknowledge that what Cam had said a bit up the page was patronizing tripe.
[/quote]

Hence why Dung Hack is unpopular even on his own message boards.........900 posts there........5,000 here![:|]

Dear Colchester fans - YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT. We have no problem in not getting enough tickets we are well used to this - an experience your club does not have. What our problem is are the stupid comments made by your chairman. Did we have a problem with Colchester fans in the past - I think not. Because of your chairman the fans now hate each other. If you feel Mr Lambert has let your club down give him some stick - I am sure the time will come when he decides it is time for him to move on to satisfy his ambitions, however without him both our clubs would be struggling in the lower reaches of league 1 - single handedly he sorted both our clubs out. When you took him from Wycombe did you say please dont leave Wycombe Mr Lambert as it is not fair on their supporters. Your chairman is stirring up trouble in a game that we considered just another game, lets face it I cant think when the fixtures came out many of us looked to see when we would be playing Colchester.

Lets look at what your chairman has done

1. You describe yourself as a family / community club. My son is 5 and goes to most games and has great fun with both our supporters and the opposition. Because of your chairman I will now have to explain to him that he cant go. Do I tell him that he cant go because there might be trouble as your chairman has made the fans hate each other. If he thinks this is appropriate let him come out and say so. Dont forget we would be garunteed a ticket as we fit the criteria.

2. Our supporters are welcomed and respected all over the country. At most games we drink with the opposition supporters and win or lose walk back to our cars chatting about the game with our rival supporters. Because of your chairmans comments this will no longer be possible with Colchester United as inevitably some supporters will feel the hatred your chairman is drumming up. This was just another fixture even after the Lambert situation.

3. Your chairman has put no thought into his comments. Without tickets in our end our supporters would not normally travel, but listen to the radio or use Sky / website for updates. If you say in life though that you cannot have something it is human nature to want it even more so consequently lots of people now want to go and will do whatever it takes to do so. Your chairman has not put in place any safety nets to keep these supporters segregated, people feel that it is now a challenge to go. Tickets in your end are now easily available, do you realise you are allowing people to purchase up to 25 tickets? and they are not exactly difficult to get. Because your club has failed in their duty to ensure only home fans get tickets in your areas I would estimate around a thousand people will turn up with these tickets. If you stop them all going into the ground what will you do with them then. Unfortunately a lot of these tickets will be sold / bought by people prepared to cause trouble. Knowing the possible consequences will attract yobs not even interested in football to cause trouble from both sides. Your chairman needs to think this through as he has not backed up his comments with safety issues. There are already tickets on ebay and for sale in pubs. If your chairman had not made the comments he made very few people would travel to this fixture without an away ticket.

4. Your chairmans comments are incitement. Other than abuse towards Paul Lambert there would have been no problems at this game, unless you were expecting to start some? Two groups of supporters now hate each other - what a shame. For my part I have complained under the laws of incitement to your club, the football league and the police.

5. There is one thing I would like to thank your chairman for. I am sure our players would have built up for this game in the usual manner and would have wanted to win. I am sure also they were not particually bothered about Paul Lamberts past. However he has insulted our club and fans. I would suggest he has added an extra few % to our players performances. We are a club and the players and supporters are one. An insult on us is an insult on them. Thank you for sorting Paul Lamberts team talk, ask Danny Wilson the Swindon manager if this is a good idea. Trust me we are not the team you played on the first day of the season. Hopefully with your attention purely on this game you will not take your other fixtures seriously.

By the way some bad news for you it seems Kevin Lisbie will be moving back to Ipswich on 1/1/2010

1. I feel sorry for any fan that can''t make it, but the allocation is the allocation.2. Another fixture for you, not us.3. Leeds and Sunderland fans had tickets cancelled. No doubt you will get a fair number in the home end though. I would also expect a large number of section 27''s to be honest. We have been receiving them all season. If people enter the home end then that is there decision, trying to blame somebody else for that is nonsense. I do however feel for those that wouldn''t get a ticket in the 1900 but travel to most away games. However, you have no right to any ticket in the home end are risking causing trouble by doing so. As for hoolies, probably true, we had a lot of faces at the last Ipswich away game, always happens for these types of matches.4. ? I''m not sure it is two groups of supporters who hate each other, a small number on here maybe. I can''t stand your board but i have no ill feeling to your supporters. You would have to be an idiot to be like that just over this (this for you is the ticket statement, for us is the VolderBERT issue)5. Insulted your fans? when? Maybe your Directors. Load of dribble the rest of the text in 5Last point, only if they can sell him (maybe they can/have) but we don''t know yet do we

My tickets just arrived through the letterbox.

I ordered them before Mr.Gobby made his statement.

I have been in the home ends of many grounds, including Ipsh*t and have never had trouble. I will keep my mouth shut out of respect for the home fans. After all I wouldn''t like it at Carrow Road.

I am going to see a football match and hopefully a Norwich win.

Nothing else.